• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SWEET 16 PREDICTIONS

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ya guys got?

Louisville over Oregon - Oregon has been a nice story, but this is where it ends. Louisville is on a mission and has been playing better ball than anyone as of late.

Michigan State over Duke - This is going to be a fun matchup to watch. 2 powerhouse tournament programs, with arguably the 2 best coaches in the nation. MSU is starting to show that gritty fire we see from typical Spartan Final Four teams, so I think they win a very close game.

Wichita State over LaSalle - I know nothing of either team, but I've seen Wichita playing some seriously great ball while LaSalle has squeaked by in both wins. WSU takes it, and I think by 10+.

Ohio State over Arizona - This game gives me heartburn. It's going to Arizona's bigs vs. OSU's wings. I think in the end, the OSU defense clamps down and, along with some incredible play from Craft and LQ Ross, the Buckeyes get it done in a great game.

Kansas over Michigan - This is a tough one. If you go by tournament performance, Michigan should take it. However, I think Kansas presents a far bigger matchup problem than VCU. Withey comes up huge and Kansas wins close.

Florida over FGCU - Florida traditionally is the Cinderella-killer. FGCU has been a great story to follow, making history on the way to the Sweet 16. However, Florida is too athletic and plays too good of defense. Florida wins by 10+.

Indiana over Syracuse - This one comes down to the play of Zeller, more than any other game. Syracuse's wings have great length and present matchup problems, but I don't think Cuse will be able to stop Zeller down low, and Oladipo causes too much havoc as Indiana wakes up from a near loss to Temple and takes care of a Cuse team that has only played so-so basketball over the last month.

Miami over Marquette - With Reggie Johnson this would be a blowout. Without him, it still might be a blowout. Thankfully, Marquette doesn't play big ball (their leading rebounder this year averaged 4.9/game). Kadji has a great game, posting a double double, and the Miami guards lead the Canes to a double digit victory over a Marquette team that has been playing way too fast and loose this tournament.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yup. Although my weird pick in my pool is AZ to the F4 (don't really think it will happen)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU, MSU, Indiana, Michigan, Wichita, Louisville, Miami, Florida

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except marquette is the 3rd best rebounding team this tourney. The rest is pretty spot on. I'll go ahead with a fgcu upset, and I wouldn't touch the duke-msu matchup with your dick.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Although my weird pick in my pool is AZ to the F4 (don't really think it will happen)

Wouldn't shock me at all man. Hell, in January we were talking about Arizona as a #1. They're definitely a really good team that can give anyone fits. We will have to bring our A+ game to win this one.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except marquette is the 3rd best rebounding team this tourney. The rest is pretty spot on. I'll go ahead with a fgcu upset, and I wouldn't touch the duke-msu matchup with your dick.

Marquette was the 13th best rebounding team out of the tournament teams, at least in the regular season. I'm not going to judge it off of 2 tournament games vs. 2 small teams. They certainly haven't faced anyone with the size of Miami.

It wasn't a dig at their rebounding, either. It was a dig at their size. When the leading rebounder on the entire team is a 6'5" guard, you aren't a big team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Louisville, Michigan St, Witchita St, and Ohio St (knock on wood).

And Kansas(tough one against scUM), Florida, IU, and Miami.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked Duke to go all the way. But they've been playing without brilliance and I wish I hadn't.

There has to be upsets. Marquette? :yep:

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I picked Duke to go all the way. But they've been playing without brilliance and I wish I hadn't.

There has to be upsets. Marquette? :yep:

RRRRR. Go Eagles! ;-)

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ya guys got?

Louisville over Oregon - Oregon has been a nice story, but this is where it ends. Louisville is on a mission and has been playing better ball than anyone as of late.

Michigan State over Duke - This is going to be a fun matchup to watch. 2 powerhouse tournament programs, with arguably the 2 best coaches in the nation. MSU is starting to show that gritty fire we see from typical Spartan Final Four teams, so I think they win a very close game.

Wichita State over LaSalle - I know nothing of either team, but I've seen Wichita playing some seriously great ball while LaSalle has squeaked by in both wins. WSU takes it, and I think by 10+.

Ohio State over Arizona - This game gives me heartburn. It's going to Arizona's bigs vs. OSU's wings. I think in the end, the OSU defense clamps down and, along with some incredible play from Craft and LQ Ross, the Buckeyes get it done in a great game.

Kansas over Michigan - This is a tough one. If you go by tournament performance, Michigan should take it. However, I think Kansas presents a far bigger matchup problem than VCU. Withey comes up huge and Kansas wins close.

Florida over FGCU - Florida traditionally is the Cinderella-killer. FGCU has been a great story to follow, making history on the way to the Sweet 16. However, Florida is too athletic and plays too good of defense. Florida wins by 10+.

Indiana over Syracuse - This one comes down to the play of Zeller, more than any other game. Syracuse's wings have great length and present matchup problems, but I don't think Cuse will be able to stop Zeller down low, and Oladipo causes too much havoc as Indiana wakes up from a near loss to Temple and takes care of a Cuse team that has only played so-so basketball over the last month.

Miami over Marquette - With Reggie Johnson this would be a blowout. Without him, it still might be a blowout. Thankfully, Marquette doesn't play big ball (their leading rebounder this year averaged 4.9/game). Kadji has a great game, posting a double double, and the Miami guards lead the Canes to a double digit victory over a Marquette team that has been playing way too fast and loose this tournament.

Louisville, but an upset is not out of the question.

Michigan State over Duke. Duke is overrated.

Wichita St just cause.

Ohio St cause we're just a heck of a lot better.

Kansas, because Michigan is overrated.

Florida, because Juice and I expect an OSU-Florida final.

Syracuse over Indiana. Just a hunch and better coaching.

Miami over Marquette. This will be very close.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loui (better team & coach)
MSU (because I took Duke)
La Salle (better story)
tOSU (I think they are good)
Mich (not sold on Kansas)
Florida (because id love to see FGCU)
Syracuse (because I took Indy to win it all)
Marquette (Miami is a football school)

So really
Loui
Duke
La Salle
tOSU
Mich
UF
Indy
Marq

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquette was the 13th best rebounding team out of the tournament teams, at least in the regular season. I'm not going to judge it off of 2 tournament games vs. 2 small teams. They certainly haven't faced anyone with the size of Miami.

It wasn't a dig at their rebounding, either. It was a dig at their size. When the leading rebounder on the entire team is a 6'5" guard, you aren't a big team.

And 13th out of 68 = no big ball??????

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ryan-Gosling-clap-clap-clap-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1398.gif

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Da U.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ya guys got?

Wow. Assuming the WSU-LaSalle keeps going the way it is, I was completely spot on about everything with the top 2 picks, and I couldn't have been more wrong about the bottom 2.