• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Study: Patriots prevention of fumbles nearly impossible last 5 years

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is we having figured out how they're cheating now?

I'm not saying anything that remotely resembles that.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We see they are at the top of the league, but it's not a ridiculous jump over everyone else (as was indicted with the data since 2010) since they were caught with one of the ways they cheated. They probably have a good 1 or 2 dozen more cheats that we haven't discovered. I'd be surprised if NE doesn't cheat every snap.

If you were to roll up Brady's sleeve, there are aces and kings stuffed in there no doubt.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We see they are at the top of the league, but it's not a ridiculous jump over everyone else (as was indicted with the data since 2010) since they were caught with one of the ways they cheated. They probably have a good 1 or 2 dozen more cheats that we haven't discovered. I'd be surprised if NE doesn't cheat every snap.

If you were to roll up Brady's sleeve, there are aces and kings stuffed in there no doubt.

That might make sense if it weren't the opposite of reality.

It was alleged that the Patriots cheated by deflating footballs.

One of the reasons for believing this was pressure measurements on the footballs in one particular game. That part was thoroughly debunked long ago.

Another reason for believing this was the fumble rate. That has been thoroughly debunked.

Another reason for believing it, I think, was that the Patriots were generally good on offense. But they started this season playing at least as well as they had the prior year. So I count that argument as having been debunked as well, recent poor offensive games with over half the offensive starters injured notwithstanding.

Another reason for believing it were some texts in which it was shown that Brady demanded the rules be obeyed. That was ridiculous from the getgo.

Another piece of evidence was the fact that the ball prep guys deflate and reinflate the footballs a couple of times every week. I never understood how that was alleged to be evidence of illegal activity, given the "reinflate" part of the process

It's OK that some people were taken in at some times by part of this, because the NFL put out false and damning-seeming information on a couple of points, and then tried very hard to prevent the correct facts from being known. But by now the evidence is overwhelming that DeflateGate was a frame job from beginning to end.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's banging your girl too.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer nobody cares about cheating and winning in spite of Brady. Tell me about your hot date last night. Curious minds want to know. i doubt she was hot as my girl from last night, Venus

_1404343066.jpg

:eek:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's funny how the mighty pats gave up 2 draft pick because of deflategate . we didn't cheat per pats fans .

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might make sense if it weren't the opposite of reality.

It was alleged that the Patriots cheated by deflating footballs.

One of the reasons for believing this was pressure measurements on the footballs in one particular game. That part was thoroughly debunked long ago.

Another reason for believing this was the fumble rate. That has been thoroughly debunked.

Another reason for believing it, I think, was that the Patriots were generally good on offense. But they started this season playing at least as well as they had the prior year. So I count that argument as having been debunked as well, recent poor offensive games with over half the offensive starters injured notwithstanding.

Another reason for believing it were some texts in which it was shown that Brady demanded the rules be obeyed. That was ridiculous from the getgo.

Another piece of evidence was the fact that the ball prep guys deflate and reinflate the footballs a couple of times every week. I never understood how that was alleged to be evidence of illegal activity, given the "reinflate" part of the process

It's OK that some people were taken in at some times by part of this, because the NFL put out false and damning-seeming information on a couple of points, and then tried very hard to prevent the correct facts from being known. But by now the evidence is overwhelming that DeflateGate was a frame job from beginning to end.

Where do you stand on jet fuel fire's capacity to weaken steel beams?

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you stand on jet fuel fire's capacity to weaken steel beams?

:)

Actually, that's a good example, in that it raises a false dichotomy, much like the one "Either the Patriots are consistently deflating cheaters or else nobody involved with the Patriots has ever deflated a football -- and by the way the latter isn't true."

If you could prove to me that the World Trade Center, if built to spec, couldn't have collapsed the way it did, I'd just point out that the project in highest likelihood was infected by corrupt contractors. The WTC was run by the Port Authority, and the ports of NY/NJ are notoriously victimized by organized crime.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the thread where all the collective haters put their feet in their mouths:noidea:

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple enough. If you aren't a star you fumble you are in BB's doghouse, or cut.
Another thing. The Pats are guilty of everything every ware.
And I was the shooter on the grassy knoll.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple enough. If you aren't a star you fumble you are in BB's doghouse, or cut.
Another thing. The Pats are guilty of everything every ware.
And I was the shooter on the grassy knoll.

This doesn't make any sense. The Patriots have only been relevant for the last 15 years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that applies for pretty much every team

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh not enough data yet to completely say the balls had nothing to do with it. This mostly affects cold weather and we're just getting to that now as it's been pretty warm. :noidea:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh not enough data yet to completely say the balls had nothing to do with it. This mostly affects cold weather and we're just getting to that now as it's been pretty warm. :noidea:

This is the gist of the preemptive argument I heard a year ago when this story first came out. In short, some were saying that even if the Pats fumbled more next year, it didn't matter because this data was compiled over the course of several years. They would have to continue fumbling more over several years for there to be statistical proof that the balls were the cause. That being the case, shouldn't we have to wait a few more years and see this trend continuing before we come to a final conclusion? Right now it looks like the deflated footballs did not contribute to the fumble rate but according to the arguments I was hearing before we need to wait a few more years.

And please, stop with the "Deflategate was a frame job" crap. If you honestly believe that the Patriots were doing absolutely nothing wrong and the $1 million fine and loss of draft picks imposed by the NFL were just to spite the Patriots I don't know what to tell you .