• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Study: Patriots prevention of fumbles nearly impossible last 5 years

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A review by Sharp Football Analysis has revealed that, since 2007, the Patriots fumble the ball at a preternaturally low rate of once every 187 offensive snaps, far below the league average of once every 105 snaps. They calculated the odds of this occuring naturally was 16,233 to one.

Wow.

And this surprises you ... why? You didn't think that the Patriots did anything to coach ball security, or that they did anything different in coaching ball security than other teams do?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to tell what's hate and what's just utter stupidity.

You revel in both.

Try harder than normal, Fencer. I'm not giving you the little badge of honor you crave so much so you can strut around your buddies who did like you're doing now, which is realize we're above your petty, arrogant insults fueled by the realization of your horrible inadequacy at life. It's all quite pathetic but you entertain me, so based solely on that, you get to stay as my special guest.

Feel special, punkass? :suds:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try harder than normal, Fencer. I'm not giving you the little badge of honor you crave so much so you can strut around your buddies who did like you're doing now, which is realize we're above your petty, arrogant insults fueled by the realization of your horrible inadequacy at life. It's all quite pathetic but you entertain me, so based solely on that, you get to stay as my special guest.

Hammer nobody cares about cheating and winning in spite of Brady. Tell me about your hot date last night. Curious minds want to know. i doubt she was hot as my girl from last night, Venus

_1404343066.jpg

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots "bent the rules", like they always seem to do over the past 10+ years, and got caught... Again. What I cant understand is why they continue to "bend the rules". I mean, the team is really good, right?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots "bent the rules", like they always seem to do over the past 10+ years, and got caught... Again. What I cant understand is why they continue to "bend the rules". I mean, the team is really good, right?

Right.

"It's not cheating if you win by a lot." - indignant Pats fans

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I attribute it to the innovative genius of Belichick. After much intensive film study and historical analysis he had an "A Ha !" moment. He was suddenly struck with the stunning revelation that Fumbling Is Bad ! :omg:

Innovative coaching genius that is is, he decided to emphasize "holding onto the ball". I mean .. who knew ? :noidea:

Future generations will recognize his leap for logic for the masterful stroke of brilliance it was and someday incorporate it into their coaching strategies. I, for one, simply bow down and say "Thanks Bill".:suds:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, they got caught the first and only time they ever did this.

Yes, because they get undue attention. They're singled out and persecuted for no reason at all.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given that you're afraid to let me start threads, upvote posts, etc. ... well, your post I just quoted is as misleading as a lot of your other stupidity.

On the plus side, for you -- it has interfered with me starting threads that conclusively disprove some of the nonsense you're spouting. I guess that might interfere with your fun and/or page views ...

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because they get undue attention. They're singled out and persecuted for no reason at all.

Jealousy.

But in fairness, the NFL wouldn't be a viable business if fans didn't exist to root for inferior teams. So from that standpoint, keep on -- crybabies like you are essential to the health of the game.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Upon reflection, you got me figured out after all. I'm inconsolably sad that I can't be a stupid drunkard like my hero.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I overestimated Fencer. :L

That won't happen again.

I promise. :L

"Stupid drunkard?"

Dude must be 90 yr old.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude must be 90 yr old.

55, actually. Given how much you follow me to other websites, you could at least have checked my bio while you were at it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of reasons, I'm guessing.

#1. Being a NARC in the NFL has to be seen as just the worst because of the number of players who are cheating at something. Cheating on their wife. Cheating with PEDs. Cheating with penalties that don't get caught.

#2. Would you admit that you cheated during your prime and then got a new contract with a new employer? Of course not.

Possibly but how many players have jumped ship this year and in years passed and immediately threw their last team under the bus?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This argument -- which only idiots believed to begin with -- has now been even more thoroughly debunked by a year of (anec)data.

After Deflategate, Patriots still lead NFL with fewest fumbles | The MMQB with Peter King
Whats really interesting with those numbers is that the Ravens really came up to join the Patriots. If the Deflategate was the big deal, the Patriots numbers would've dropped to where the rest of the league was. The numbers in general really represent a lack of parity in....something. Coaching. Preparation. Talent. Scheme. If you fumble at twice the rate as other teams, you have almost no chance of making the playoffs without a lot of luck.