• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stoll 100%

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear, I hadn't heard anything really since the seizure and was wondering what was going to happen.

He is essential to the Kings, solid two-way physical player.

NHL.com - News

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good news. Was a scary moment & I'm glad he 's ok.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Raffi Torres is also 100%

I don't wish harm to Raffi Torres, but the league needs to keep an eye on him & punish him more severely after what he's done to Hossa & Stoll in consecutive playoffs. He's clearly a head hunter, can't let him do that sort of stuff anymore.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see an @$$ whooping comming Raffi's way.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see an @$$ whooping comming Raffi's way.

He probably deserves one or two, but his antics deserve the attention of the league. Not one of those things that should be left to the players.

Seenitbefore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Carcillo could be Torres in a fight? I have not seen Carcillo fight many times but when I have he seems to lose.

This whole situation is why I hate the instigator rule. I liked it back in the old days when you could have a guy like McSorely or Matt Johnson just deservedly pummel a guy like Torres and all that would happen is 5 minutes for fighting. I truly believe Torres and Matt Cooke would not be running around like they do if they were getting beat up every night with no consequence to the opposing team.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Carcillo could be Torres in a fight? I have not seen Carcillo fight many times but when I have he seems to lose.

Yes, absolutely.

He has taken on some heavies like Apetuzzi and Staubitz, he won't back down from anyone. He is a smaller fighter (5'11/6' tops, maybe 205) but I'd say he can handle his own.

My only concern is the guy has been around the league quite a bit - drafted by the Penguins but moved to Phoenix, Chicago, Philadelphia and now LA and he doesn't even have 350 NHL games under his belt in the 10 years since he was drafted and 7 seasons as an NHL player.

Dumbo is big on character so Carcillo either he becomes a victim of numbers (basically a goon taking up a roster spot who doesn't justify spending the dollars and ice time on him enough) or there is a serious judgement issue there. I haven't seen Dumbo take too many chances on perceived lack of character guys (they get shipped out - O'Sullivan for example) so I'm hoping it's the former.

This whole situation is why I hate the instigator rule. I liked it back in the old days when you could have a guy like McSorely or Matt Johnson just deservedly pummel a guy like Torres and all that would happen is 5 minutes for fighting. I truly believe Torres and Matt Cooke would not be running around like they do if they were getting beat up every night with no consequence to the opposing team.

I agree, the instigator rule really altered the way players police the game. I would like to see it eliminated, as well as the visor rule.

Wearing a visor has nothing to do with fighting IMO. If the guy is known to throw when necessary (Richards for example) the visor is there for in-play safety, not to protect himself in a fight.

I wear a visor myself because I play rec league hockey and some of those guys simply can't control their sticks, but in any fight I take it off (if I am not jumped) to not get penalized. It's a stupid rule.

Last edited by a moderator: