• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Steelers @ Panthers

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final preseason game tonight. Won't see any action from many starters, but there are some players to watch that need this final game to prove their worth:

1. Jordan Dangerfield & Ray Vinopal
Injury Shamarko has opened the door for a possible spot to make the leap to the 53.

2. Tyler Matakevich, Steve Johnson, & LJ Fort
1 spot available for the ILB position, but a possible 2 spots if these guys prove their worth on ST. Watch for these guys to lay it all out on the field tonight.

3. Artie Burns
The long anticipated first game for Burns has arrived. Time to see what this kid has got! He needs to impress quickly because it looks like he will be seeing the field early & often.

4. Anthony Chickillo & Travis Feeney
Chick seems like a lock, but he still needs to prove his worth. The team has yet to see much from him in real games. Injuries have slowed him down each offseason. Feeney has a chance to prove his worth on both the edge & ST.

5. Fitzgerald Toussaint & Daryl Richardson
Backup RBs have been put on notice with the team's recent workout of FA Karlos Williams. Both are projected to make the 53, but if Williams is signed then 1 person will be out of a job.

6. Xavier Grimble
Last chance to state his case for the 53. He seems like a roster lock now that Green is on PUP.

7. Bryn Renner & Landry Jones.
Not sure if Mettenberger will see the field tonight. But Renner has 1 last chance to make some sort of impression. Jones will likely see the bulk of the work, and he has to prove he can build upon his successes.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we have a weather delay for the game...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brb... Gotta run an errand

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright finally back... Wifey made me run over to pick up a piece of furniture.

Anyone here?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come back to a botched punt return.. Doubt Ayers makes this team after a stunt like that

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts...

QB... Backups looked awful again. Jones & Renner had brief moments but overall were ineffective. 2 quarters & 28 yards passing for Jones? lol. Renner had a better night and almost looked to pull the team back into the game. But sadly couldn't get it done.

RB... Richardson stole the show from the limited time I watched.

WR... Rogers shined. Hamilton looked good.

O-line... Backups didnt look very good. QBs were under duress often.

D-line... Pretty bad display by the backups tonight. Allowed over 5 yards per carry! Thats gettin bulied! Saw a few good pushes from McCullers.

LBs... Moats ooked like an animal out there with the backups. Chickillo looked great until he got injured (foot). Real bummer considering he had a golden chance to shine while Dupree is out possibly 1 game. Feeney also got injured (concussion) so he didn't get much of an opportunity to play. Got to see Brasco most of the night due to all of the injuries. Didnt look half bad. Theres no way they can cut Matakevich. He does everything right and is constantly around the ball.

CBs... Burns looked good. Not thrilled about them making him play so far off the line.

S... Davis looked great. Didnt see Dangerfield play but Vinopal looked good.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts...

QB... Backups looked awful again. Jones & Renner had brief moments but overall were ineffective. 2 quarters & 28 yards passing for Jones? lol. Renner had a better night and almost looked to pull the team back into the game. But sadly couldn't get it done.

RB... Richardson stole the show from the limited time I watched.

WR... Rogers shined. Hamilton looked good.

O-line... Backups didnt look very good. QBs were under duress often.

D-line... Pretty bad display by the backups tonight. Allowed over 5 yards per carry! Thats gettin bulied! Saw a few good pushes from McCullers.

LBs... Moats ooked like an animal out there with the backups. Chickillo looked great until he got injured (foot). Real bummer considering he had a golden chance to shine while Dupree is out possibly 1 game. Feeney also got injured (concussion) so he didn't get much of an opportunity to play. Got to see Brasco most of the night due to all of the injuries. Didnt look half bad. Theres no way they can cut Matakevich. He does everything right and is constantly around the ball.

CBs... Burns looked good. Not thrilled about them making him play so far off the line.

S... Davis looked great. Didnt see Dangerfield play but Vinopal looked good.

Thanks again Face.

I will be picking up a streaming service (paid, but that's okay) this season as long as I get all the Steeler games...putting a WIFI ready 65" TV in the new sunroom space for Steeler Central on sundays!

Rodgers is going to get a good share of targets this season.

I heard Matthews got dinged...Hargrave posted a half sack, I assume with Moats who had 1.5 sacks...and Chick got one...I heard Burns looks pretty good as well.