• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have fun, Mitchell.

:dhd:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for camp and depth.

But I hope someone out competes him for a job. We're lucky and SUPER rich at the position, but I want to do better than Eli.
I think he fits a need that they don't currently have. But that's hard to say given the nature of the position & how it has evolved in the offense. The WRs rotate all over the place playing all 3 X, Y & Z positions. So there really isn't a true 'slot' position anymore. I speak more about how they don't really have a small quick-twitch type WR to get space within the hashes. AB definitely is, but he's keyed on too much. JuJu & Washington seem more like possession type guys capable of stretching the field.

But I'm just an armchair GM speculating. They will let competition breed excellence.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he fits a need that they don't currently have. But that's hard to say given the nature of the position & how it has evolved in the offense. The WRs rotate all over the place playing all 3 X, Y & Z positions. So there really isn't a true 'slot' position anymore. I speak more about how they don't really have a small quick-twitch type WR to get space within the hashes. AB definitely is, but he's keyed on too much. JuJu & Washington seem more like possession type guys capable of stretching the field.

But I'm just an armchair GM speculating. They will let competition breed excellence.
Don't sleep on Quadree Henderson.

We got so much young talent on this team. Lots of dogs fighting for those bones.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sleep on Quadree Henderson.

We got so much young talent on this team. Lots of dogs fighting for those bones.
Yep, he was my one of my leading candidates for that slot role in my position previews thread. Rogers better be 100% or Henderson shouldnt' have a problem replacing him. Henderson brings a lot of ST value to the table which the Steelers direly need.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant.

Rumor he's in town with dinner reservations.

It's been talked about this week that the Steelers are keen on bringing him him.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant.

It's been talked about this week that the Steelers are keen on bringing him him.
He's in the Burgh while everyone else is in Latrobe for Training Camp??? Big deal. And the only ones keen for this are the talking heads. No one in the organization has mentioned it. Plus they don't have the cap room to sign him even if they wanted to, which they don't.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant.

Not buyin these rumors.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official replacement might come a year sooner.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official replacement might come a year sooner.
History tells us that Big Boys gettin carted off the field is rarely ever greeted with good news... Ramon's body language was the most telling. Its a damn shame. Foster is a dependable OG, vocal leader & a great locker room guy. He'll be missed, but I have faith in Finney. Said it in the offseason thread, but he has been an admirable starter on short notice. Imagine what kind of player he could be with a full camp & preseason as a starter! Munch will have a lot more time to work with him now.

Foster's contract is up after this season. Have to wonder if his injury puts him on IR & that's all she wrote for his career.

Best case, Foster broke a leg & will be out 6-8 weeks.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History tells us that Big Boys gettin carted off the field is rarely ever greeted with good news... Ramon's body language was the most telling. Its a damn shame. Foster is a dependable OG, vocal leader & a great locker room guy. He'll be missed, but I have faith in Finney. Said it in the offseason thread, but he has been an admirable starter on short notice. Imagine what kind of player he could be with a full camp & preseason as a starter! Munch will have a lot more time to work with him now.

Foster's contract is up after this season. Have to wonder if his injury puts him on IR & that's all she wrote for his career.

Best case, Foster broke a leg & will be out 6-8 weeks.
Per reports out 4-5 weeks with bone bruise and extended MCL.

Source: OL Foster out 4-5 weeks; no surgery

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant.

Well I didn't believe the rumors until now... Wow

@SteelersPride

Yeesh.. And they supposedly want to avoid the drama this season