• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Statistical Nightmare

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As frustrating as it was to watch the Raider offense struggle against the Jets, a look at the numbers really give perspective to the task ahead:

per se, the total offensive output at 158 yds, which puts us at the bottom of the league and places the Jets at #1 on D by a significant margin, only the Giants approach our level of futility last week. Our killer instinct was certainly muted as we were unable to take advantage of multiple opportunities to capitalize on mistakes by the Jets, who, by all accounts should be one of our easiest opponents on our HUGE East Coast swing this season.

Too much pressure on Carr not enough production on the ground was a recipe for disaster, untimely turnovers and multiple penalties, a strong defense and excellent punting kept the game from being a complete runaway, it was not as close as the score indicated as it was obvious the Raider offense was going nowhere as early as the 2nd quarter, atrocious 3rd down percentage, it appeared Rex knew exactly where we were going almost every snap.

The Oakland Raiders need to be a smashmouth running team, spread the ball around and keep our opponents from keying in on Carr, stay out of 3rd and long situations, and yes stretch the field a bit more with some timing throws deep.

That game was handed to us on a platter and we had nothing, we failed to cash in, and we stumbled to the finish, it's a new week, Houston up, let's do this thing!

Come on Oakland Raiders, man up, grow a pair, time for a Raider home game win!

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disappointed in how Carr handled the pressure. by which i mean his ability to read and feel it coming. He definitely looked like a rookie in that aspect. I hated the play calling and thought that really hurt us. The creativeness that i saw before Dennis Allen is long gone. They really need to pound it to give Carr a better chance to be more effective. he seems to do really well when if he ever does have time. I disagree with the punting, but then again, we had Shane for so many years and king just doesn't do it for me LOL. We can, and should win tomorrow.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ready for change!! The only good thing is, we got a TRUE franchise QB in the making!! The Rookie has poise like i never seen in a rookie.. He will be a GREAT one!! Let's hope we don't ruin him!! We got out coached, out played, TOs, etc!! AT HOME!! MAN, DA that seat is HOT!! Im just looking forward to the development of CARR from here on out!! UGH UGH!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like the Raiders are in full blown drama mode!! And ONLY after 2 games.. The RaiderNation has those pitchforks out, and want blood!! The way i see it?? Sometimes change is good man.. Even in the real world change is needed and good at times.. It sucks how so much HOPE can just go off the rails in 2 games!!
Look im not saying to fire DA right now!! But we got 2 games before our bye week, he has to show something in those games.. Or that change WILL come right there and then, or at the end of the season!! I still have little hope!! DO not take that from me RAIDERS!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here is little bit of hope!! Raiders sign Vincent Brown former Bolt WR!! Dude has great hands!! But a little injury prone.. Brown torched us more than once!! Great pick up imo.. Should give CARR a pretty solid weapon!! Choose the Raiders over other teams!! I like that even more..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So its ALL doom and gloom now.. No matter were you go on the internet, its FIRE Reggie and DA!! It would be a BAD move to fire Reggie IMO.. He finds the talent, he don't coach them!! Everybody raves about the Rookies and the other young guys.. Well who drafted them?? Who gave us 60M this year and another 60M next year?? NOT the internet GMs!! IF Reggie HITS on CARR?? He should be GM of the year!! Franchise QB trumps ALL!! Heck, Gabe Jackson our rookie starter is a beast!! We have talent, but it is being coached up right?? Reece gets 1 ball thrown to him!! JUST 1!! And it goes for 11 yards, then back to the bench you go!! I mean the smart fan would blame the GM for that!! Well, Reggie hired DA!! Yup he did.. But look at the list he had to work with.. Winston Moss, and a few retreads!! He wanted Mike McCoy, but he left us at the alter!! Now the books are clean, new stadium on the way, promising young players!! Who do you thank for most of that??
What the RAIDERS NEED right now is a WIN!! That would take the pressure off everybody, and give the fans some new hope!! At least for a week.. This just what i think, it does not make it true.. Its just what this Raider fan thinks..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get how this D has played this poorly so far.. Tuck, Woodly, Smith, CWood, Sims, those guys are pro's and know how to play the game!! You add 2 young stars in the making in Sio, and Mack along with some ok DBs, with some depth behind them!! Whats the problem?? Is missing our starting MLB Roach the problem??
Coaching?? What?? Teams are pounding the gut on us, and eating clock!! So our rookie QB goes in the game already down 14, and facing a FRESH D all game long!! That means we can't RUN the ball, cuz we are in a HOLE already, and theres not enough time on the clock!! What a huge let down the D has been these last 2 games!! I expected ALOT more!! You going to let the Pats RUN all over you guys and make you guys their bitch?? What happened to pride?? FIX THE PROBLEMS AND JUST WIN!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idahoraiderfan33 I think what you are seeing with the defense is a lot of what Bronco fans are seeing this season with their defense as well...There are so many new moving parts that it takes a while for them all to get on the same page. The talent is there but the execution is just missing at this point. Every player has to know their role on a single play and if one person messes up it can lead to big plays that otherwise would never happen. Give it some time and by the end of the season they could be a pretty darn good unit. Sucks here at the beginning of the season though to watch so much talent just not quite produce like you want.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that cd, i really do man.. And i believe that teams with so many NEW moving parts need time to gel, of coarse they do.. But you see with the Donk D it shows flashes of what it can be!! And it has PM to cover them, and they know that.. Fox, my D NEEDS more time to gel. PM, no problem coach, i will just score more points!! We don't have that.. We got a rookie QB starting for us!! So he needs that D to help him out.. With our D i have seen NO flashes!! In fact they got worse the 2nd game.. When the classy HOF CWood comes out and tells the world?? Man we suck!! Thats a BIG shot at the coaching staff!! Im afraid the players already tuned this coaching staff out!! Hey players like Tuck, Woodly, Brown, etc, have been coached up by GREAT coaching staffs, so they know whats up!! But let's see what happens.. I want to see if these players and coaching staff have any pride!! So does Mark Davis!!

Last edited by a moderator:

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many questions on the decision to start Burris after Roach went down, well founded as the middle of the D is where we are getting beaten badly, the staff needs to sit Burris and start Kaluka after 2 very disheartening losses. Burris has been out of position and not making the reads to put him in the right gap.

When this is happening in your home opener with a sell-out crowd deserving a good effort, a lot of the blame falls on the staff, we need to see some fire in DA's eyes, some more animation, sit the players when they blow assignments, and just coach our boys up!

The Raiders have looked flat and lifeless, unable to sustain anything on offense, must get the ground game going, Murray and Reece need more touches, DMC needs to get the ball in space, and our receivers must start making some plays. 3rd down % has been atrocious, playcalling has been predictable and ineffective, once again the staff has to step up and start putting the right players in position to make something happen.

Like I said a month ago, this is getting ugly fast and no amount of postgame excuses are going to quell the discontent. We have heard it all from DA for the past 2 seasons and if he can't inspire the troops he needs to find someone who will, our halftime adjustments have been pretty non-existent, I realize there are a lot of new moving parts on this team but time is of the essence, and we are headed to Foxboro where we have not played well in, well, lets say a long time.

If we had at least put forth good efforts in our 2 losses I would feel much better about our chances, but at this point I have a hard time envisioning a scenario where we walk out of Gillette with a W. However, historically our team has had moments of brilliance when we least expect it, I can only hope this Sunday will be one of those days, though I am not putting money on it.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you just said flaraider.. And most of that falls to the hands of the coaching staff.. As well as the players.. Burris is no Mike!! Doesn't know how to call a D.. And that is were we are being hit at.. Hopefully Roach is ready to go.. In all this doom and gloom, There is a little light!! The OL is pass blocking real good!! Its only given up what?? 2 sacks.. The best D player in the game, in JJ Watt got NOTHING!! Penn, KB, Watson, owned him!! The RUN game was starting to get on track just a little, in that Texan game!! But Sadly we were down to many points to RUN!! So we had to let the rookie put the rock up 40 times!! Thats way to much passing.. But it could work, if the WRs could catch and hold on to the ball.. Hopefully Vincent Brown helps?? He is known for crisp route running and hands.. I have given up on Olson using Reece and Murray, He's just not going to.. IF im DA i would let Sparano call some plays as well.. Change it up a bit?? What do we have to lose at this point..

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just doing my football pool and noticed another telling stat:

Raiders defense has been on the field over 36 minutes per game while the top defenses are running about 25 per, and while we are 23rd ranked defense overall that is the most minutes of any team, and pretty much a result of giving up way too many yards on the ground, a stat we also lead by more than a few yards.

I'd bet that if the offense was able to gain some TOP and give our defense some support we could improve on that

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win the TOP, and most of the time you WIN the game.. That means we are running the ball.. If the Pats score the first time they get the ball, and we go three and out, then they score again?? Kiss the RUN game goodbye!!
We will have Carr put the ball up 40 plus times again, With WRs that drop balls!! And our TOP will become bottom.. The D needs to hold in the first half, to give our RUN game a chance to develop.. And SIO and Roach might NOT play!! DANG!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching some sporting show the other day, and they were talking about the AP saga.. Anyways.. One guy says?? Its time to put Teddy in.. And the other responds by saying?? Without AP, you would put TO MUCH pressure on the rookie, and could ruin him!! They both agreed.. Hmmmmmmmm

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon DA and Raider players!! LETS GET THIS!! RUN the ball right at the FREAKIN heart of the PAT D!! Get them Mack Attack!! Blow Brady up!! Play MAD!! HIT THEM HARD!! Don't back DOWN SILVER AND BLACK!! GO RAIDERS!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some random thoughts from MR 33.. So i go around to see what my fellow fans are saying?? Well, it looks like it was Mark and Gruden that drafted CARR!! If i remember right?? It was RM that was ALL over that CARR pick.. In fact, 90% of Raider fans were FEARING that RM would draft CARR!! It was ugly out there on draft night when RM took CARR!! Now that the rookie is showing such promise, it was someone else that took him.. But as SOON as CARR has some bad rookie type games?? They will turn on him in a heartbeat!! And it was RM after all that took him.. Once you hit enter, its out there forever!! Only in the mind of a Raider Fan in which im a proud member of.. Never a dull moment being a Raider Fan!! It has everything!! Drama, Doom And Gloom, High's and Low's!! Man, we NEED a WIN!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK THAT!! THE REFS STOLE THAT FROM US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAD PROPS RAIDERS!!! YOU BEAT THEM THEM DOWN!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really sucks for DA and his staff!! The Raiders were ready to play, and played HARD!! Karma is a bitch eh Goodell?? The NFL cheated the Raiders in the TUCK GAME and you CHEATED THEM TODAY!! But look at you now, AND THE NFL!!

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some random thoughts from MR 33.. So i go around to see what my fellow fans are saying?? Well, it looks like it was Mark and Gruden that drafted CARR!! If i remember right?? It was RM that was ALL over that CARR pick.. In fact, 90% of Raider fans were FEARING that RM would draft CARR!! It was ugly out there on draft night when RM took CARR!! Now that the rookie is showing such promise, it was someone else that took him.. But as SOON as CARR has some bad rookie type games?? They will turn on him in a heartbeat!! And it was RM after all that took him.. Once you hit enter, its out there forever!! Only in the mind of a Raider Fan in which im a proud member of.. Never a dull moment being a Raider Fan!! It has everything!! Drama, Doom And Gloom, High's and Low's!! Man, we NEED a WIN!!

Where did you hear this??? I was on board with us drafting Carr, he was a steal were we got him.