• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2024

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy from the game I never heard of that was impressive was Ben Williamson. 23 year old 3B. #16 Prospect. Last years 2nd Round Pick.

Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 40 | Run: 50 | Arm: 55 | Field: 60 | Overall: 45

In 2023, the Mariners were able to snag Williamson for well-under slot value ($600,000) despite being such a high pick (second round), a byproduct of their aggressive strategy to swing for the fences with their top three picks that year, all high school bats (Colt Emerson, Jonny Farmelo, Tai Peete). They did so on the heels of Williamson’s sold senior season at William & Mary, where he had a 1.175 OPS and 12 homers in 55 games, leading to him being named the Colonial Athletic Association Player of the Year.

Because he went to a smaller school and he doesn’t necessarily possess big-time power at a run-producing position, the third baseman has flown a bit under the radar. He’s hit-over-power, with good contact ability to all fields. He does so with a more flat, right-handed swing, which could be why he’s not gotten the ball in the air as consistently yet, but exit velocity readings have suggested that he could grow into power in the 12-15 homer range.

It’s his glove that could carry him, though. He’s a plus defender at the hot corner who will prevent runs for whatever pitching staff he plays behind, and he can even move to shortstop when needed. His success is rooted in his body being in sync, having the instincts to read tough hops to go along with above-average arm strength.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-10 Loss but really fun to watch. I hope they do this every year.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sodo mojo...you assumed wrong.
On raley...
He has. always been a backup and still will.be.
At 1b..and of ..
But that is what you wanted to hear..
So.you talked yourself into it...

Fooling yourself....sorry..you did that to.
Yourself..

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy from the game I never heard of that was impressive was Ben Williamson. 23 year old 3B. #16 Prospect. Last years 2nd Round Pick.

Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 40 | Run: 50 | Arm: 55 | Field: 60 | Overall: 45

In 2023, the Mariners were able to snag Williamson for well-under slot value ($600,000) despite being such a high pick (second round), a byproduct of their aggressive strategy to swing for the fences with their top three picks that year, all high school bats (Colt Emerson, Jonny Farmelo, Tai Peete). They did so on the heels of Williamson’s sold senior season at William & Mary, where he had a 1.175 OPS and 12 homers in 55 games, leading to him being named the Colonial Athletic Association Player of the Year.

Because he went to a smaller school and he doesn’t necessarily possess big-time power at a run-producing position, the third baseman has flown a bit under the radar. He’s hit-over-power, with good contact ability to all fields. He does so with a more flat, right-handed swing, which could be why he’s not gotten the ball in the air as consistently yet, but exit velocity readings have suggested that he could grow into power in the 12-15 homer range.

It’s his glove that could carry him, though. He’s a plus defender at the hot corner who will prevent runs for whatever pitching staff he plays behind, and he can even move to shortstop when needed. His success is rooted in his body being in sync, having the instincts to read tough hops to go along with above-average arm strength.
He seems like a good guy to have off the bench.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things on this:
1- What is the "Yankee Letter"
2- Houston needs to shut the fuck up!

View attachment 357928
I got no clue..
But sounds good ..

And get that Houston flag off.the space.
Needle..
Lololol.
Prob dropped..as they were flying over
Like a sea..gull

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things on this:

View attachment 357928
Justice.....???
.then convict yourself..for cheating..Houston..but you not giving.
Back..
The world series win...so its etched in stone..
Cheaters win.. .sounds like an ethics..
Problem .we may never get over..

Fictitious letter ..and scandal...???

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no clue..
But sounds good ..

And get that Houston flag off.the space.
Needle..
Lololol.
Prob dropped..as they were flying over
Like a sea..gull
Well..must have been..a crane....( Houston owner)

My bad .looks like a sea gull..( scavengers)
Lololol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No..can't throw..my cherrie wood..
On the fire..
We will find some wall nut to..throw.
On the fire...

Yeah. Wall nut wrapped in cotton wood..that.will..get bit burning hot..

And throw some pig .grease.in there

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why compatition...at least....and..most.

We well get to other reasons later..

Fire..Stokers .on sale ..at..MLB ..lolokoo

And flame fans.... Japanese stye..
Going hot..at MLB .

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special .on opening day..

Julio signed original.replica ..trident ..
On sale..now..
With julio.....Bobble head .
Lolololo

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Woo is a back end rotation guy, but even they get paid more than rookie deals.

Hancock will be a miracle pitcher for the Mariners. A miracle if he can stay healthy.

Big extensions are usually handed out way before eligible. I may not agree with it, but that is where baseball has gone. So I don't thin any of these guys wait to get their extensions when eligible. I think they demand a trade long before that if not extended sooner rather than later. It will be a mess than only the Mariners will make worse.
Problem with the extensions is only Kirby makes sense. It’s too late for Gilbert and it doesn’t make sense for Cal. They’ve ran him into the ground the past two seasons, and are set up to do it again. Unless they are extending him with the intention of him being a DH it doesn’t make sense. Their handling of Ford this spring IMO is telling

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things on this:

View attachment 357928
Manfred is truly the worst thing that has happened to the sport. I’m not sure if the dude has ever spoke without turning people off of the sport. I can’t think of a single time baseball has been at the center of, good or bad, that the guy didn’t make baseball seem like it has no idea of what is going on. Basically he has Jerry Dipoto disease. Let him do his thing but have a PR person talk.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Glaser

@KyleAGlaser
·
31m

Mariners GM Justin Hollander said Bryan Woo will open the year on the IL with elbow inflammation. Said Woo couldn’t get loose in his last bullpen and was shut down. MRI came back clean. Emerson Hancock will take Woo’s place in the rotation

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Glaser
@KyleAGlaser
·
31m

Mariners GM Justin Hollander said Bryan Woo will open the year on the IL with elbow inflammation. Said Woo couldn’t get loose in his last bullpen and was shut down. MRI came back clean. Emerson Hancock will take Woo’s place in the rotation
Man if only there was a former Cy Young pitcher available that wanted to actually come here...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoDo Mojo
@SodoMojoFS
·
22m

Lots of Mariners news. Bryan Woo to the IL. Sam Haggerty to the IL. Hancock in San Diego currently. Brash is throwing at about 85% off the mound. Santos having a check in MRI this week, and if clean, he’ll begin ramping up.

Ryan Divish
Gregory Santos will undergo a MRI on March 28 and if it comes back clean, he will resume his throwing program.

Matt Brash threw 25 pitches off the mound at 85 percent effort. He remains on a positive track to return to the bullpen.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if only there was a former Cy Young pitcher available that wanted to actually come here...
Beat me to it.

2 guarantees I made, Woo nor Haniger were going to play the full year.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat me to it.

2 guarantees I made, Woo nor Haniger were going to play the full year.
We have Hancock to fill in, but then who? It's not like Hancock is a lock to stay healthy. Do I hear Bullpen game coming our way soon?