• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Speculation.. Anaheim trading partner?

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just traded away their second leading scoring defenceman, Wisniewski... only have 6 D signed, one of which is Sheldon Brookbank.... landing spot for Bieksa???

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
One of which is Sheldon Brookbank, and three others of which combine for about 50 games of experience.

seems a natural destination, but I don't see a heck of a lot interesting in their prospects pool (other than Etem).
Syvret used to have a bit of hype, but he seems to have washed out into an AHL player.

take picks and hope they stink?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ducks have a few good prospects.

Sbisa isn't going anywhere.
W Nick Bonino played well after a late call up.
D Sammi Vattanen was Finland's best player in the World Junior tournament. Nobody else was even close
D Jake Gardiner could be a solid defenseman in a year or two. He's going to get more powerplay time this season.

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
how about... Aaron Voros....3-4 liner... from Vancouver... cap hit $1M... plus picks?

Or Dan Sexton... 3-4 liner...cap hit $.75M...plus picks?

Or both straight up for KB???

There is also Nick Bonino or Kyle Chipchura... cheap and 3-4 liners which is what we need.

It seems as though there is enough there to work with. Anyway MG will try to get something done before the puck is dropped I am sure. Interesting to see what happens.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
D Sammi Vattanen was Finland's best player in the World Junior tournament. Nobody else was even close .

oooh - forgot that name. yeah, he was a stud at the worlds for sure.
probably in the Sbisa untouchable zone (its why I didn't mention sbisa - he'll be getting 20 min a night in Anaheim). would be a good pick-up though!

Aaron Voros....3-4 liner... from Vancouver... cap hit $1M... plus picks?
Or Dan Sexton... 3-4 liner...cap hit $.75M...plus picks?

imho, $1m is overpaying for Voros. he was utterly invisible after the first month of last season (like Tanner Glass)
I don't know that Sexton is an upgrade over the mish-mash of 4th liners we already have under contract.

don't know much about Bonino.

Last edited by a moderator:

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hmm... might impact all the above, though Ducks still have $13+M to play with, even after Sutton's $2.125M