• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Speculation about Pirate Bullpen

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ETRIUS ALERT

:burt:

- Your change of one word helps your post MARGINALLY. But it doesn't help with the main point of my reply.....

- The main point was that I didn't "suggest" OR "speculate" that the Pirates would be OR should be a "seller." Trading a relief pitcher does NOT constitute being a seller. Since I made that post, there has been a TON of speculation by others (both sportswriters and fans) that the Pirates might include a pitcher in a deal for a bat.

- IN FACT, it has been reported that Huntington offered KC Jared Hughes for Billy Butler (rejected at the time by the Royals).

- It also has been reported that the Phillies have inquired more than once about Brad Lincoln in potential trades involving Shane Victorino or Hunter Pence (rejected at the time by the Pirates.) Some pundits have speculated that the Pirates seek to keep Lincoln due to the possibility of moving an increasingly expensive Joel Hanrahan, either now or during the off-season.

- So..... yes..... I was seriously speculating about the possibility that the Pirates might trade a relief pitcher.

- By the way, Kevin Correia is now a relief pitcher, and it has been reported widely that the Pirates are trying to trade him.

- And with Meek already optioned, and Cruz due back off the DL in the next week or two, at least one additional pitcher MUST go.

Finally.....

- You can deny the nature of your post all you want. Your denials don't change what's there for anyone to read, and others can be the judge of that.

- It is clear that you don't know the meaning of the word "sarcasm." In your post #15, you accused me of using "sarcasm" in my post #13. I suggest the following operative definition of "sarcasm" (again, from Merriam Webster's Learner's Dictionary): "the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny." My post #13 said EXACTLY what I intended to say. There is no sarcasm there, at all.

:stfu:

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we now know how THIS one turned out. The Pirates did indeed trade one of the four relievers I speculated about in the original post..... and they did so WITHOUT being a seller. They gave value to get value. Hopefully they got good value.