• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soooo Bevell gets cute again in 1st and goal

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week instead of just getting two unnecessary hits on Wilson, Wilson throws a pick that very well could of cost them the game.

I honestly dont understand why you don't give the ball to your battering ram running back.

So let's try and figure it out.

A: Bevell was going against Lynch in Fantasy football yesterday
B: He "doesn't like Lynch" ahem (Varsity Blues Coach Kilmer style)
C: He wants to pad Wilsons stats to help his own resume for next years coaching carousel
D: Has a secret feud with Coach Cable
E: Jim Harbaugh has kidnapped his wife and the playcalling is the ransom....

Seatown27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell needs to go. Haven't liked the guy since the day he arrived. Why any team would want him as a head coach is beyond me.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so during the Cards game Marshawn went over to get Skittles and Bevell said he didn't want his players eating during the game. Marshawn basically told Bevell to F off to which Bevell later complained to Carroll about. Carroll told Marshawn that they don't like that language and Marshawn started going off on how Bevell should have no say in whether he wants to eat Skittles. Carroll relayed that to Bevell and told him as the offensive coordinator to work with Lynch to figure it out. So Bevell went to Lynch's home and they had dinner and everything was going fine until Lynch invited Bevell to his living room where he had like a monster sized bowl (like a 20' by 20' bowl) of Skittles. Bevell was like, "UHH" but before he could say anything Lynch shoved his face into the bowl screaming, "SKITTLES BITCH, THESE ARE MY SKITTLES AND I EAT WHENEVER I WANT!" so Bevell after he ran out of Lynch's house went to Carroll and told him that Lynch was insane. Carroll agreed with Bevell that Lynch is insane so both agreed to not let him score TDs because that's when he eats Skittles and they wanted to avoid Lynch killing anyone on the team.

So that's why.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao.... Good one.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power football… It's fine to use finesse at times and mix it up but lately Bevell just goes pure finesse every time were in that situation… I think Pete needs to let Wilson decide and override with audibles in those situations.. If Wilson decides to let Lynch get the carry audible the dam play and take it out of Bevell's hands…

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe Wilson is savvy enough to do that. Whether the egos involved would even give this a test run is another question entirely.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week instead of just getting two unnecessary hits on Wilson, Wilson throws a pick that very well could of cost them the game.

I honestly dont understand why you don't give the ball to your battering ram running back.

C: He wants to pad Wilsons stats to help his own resume for next years coaching carousel

At this point, I wouldn't rule this out entirely and I was actually thinking this exact same thing during the game. How else to explain the complete lack of carries in the Rams game and the mind-boggling option not to use Lynch as much as possible inside the 10?

I'll say this for Lynch... after that interception in the 4th quarter in the redzone (one of many passed up opportunities to get him the ball inside the redzone), he didn't just go to the bench and pout or go over to Bevell and bite his head off (though at this point, I don't think anyone would blame him if he did); he started waving his arms to get the crowd pumped up for a defensive stop. Four plays later, we had the ball on offense again and scored the game tying touchdown on that drive. He's handled it a lot better than I think a lot of people would.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Bevell is gunshy since Marshawn has had inopportune fumbles around the goal line a few times????

Not enough, in my opinion, to stop calling his number, but I just can't understand the thought process, so this is the only thing I can think of.

PistolHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what's going on here, but I wouldn't be surprised either if Bevell has some grudge against marshawn for flipping him off the other week. I was literally screaming at my tv before that play to feed him the ball. Something is wrong here and needs to be fixed. You have to give him an opportunity down there! That's why he's here for god sakes. Luckily this didn't cost us the game

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what's going on here, but I wouldn't be surprised either if Bevell has some grudge against marshawn for flipping him off the other week. I was literally screaming at my tv before that play to feed him the ball. Something is wrong here and needs to be fixed. You have to give him an opportunity down there! That's why he's here for god sakes. Luckily this didn't cost us the game

You and the entire stadium, the chat of "Beast!!!" was pretty loud, everyone wanted Marshawn to get the ball.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Bevell is gunshy since Marshawn has had inopportune fumbles around the goal line a few times????

Not enough, in my opinion, to stop calling his number, but I just can't understand the thought process, so this is the only thing I can think of.

Certainly possible, but if that's the case, he's punishing the entire offense in the process. Also, if he's gonna do that to Lynch for a couple fumbles, logic dictates that he not give Wilson a chance to throw the ball inside the 25 for the next few weeks after getting picked from the 21 yard line and the 3 yard line yesterday. Turnovers deep in opponent territory are turnovers deep in opponent territory, aren't they? If he was gonna punish Lynch for fumblitis, it should have been a temporary thing.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this on kjr this morning and they were dissecting the play. It was actually pre planned during the week that if Tampa came out with a specific defense they were going to run that play.

From what I heard at the goal line Tampa likes to play a picket fence defense where everyone is literally at the line of scrimmage. The play action to Marshawn was supposed to draw the defense forward or keep them at a stand still and Baldwin was supposed to fake to block and then slant past the line of defense.

The play calling actually worked despite the interception. The pick was more on Russell then it was on Bevell. Had Russell thrown the ball a littler higher towards the back of the end zone, Baldwin would have been wide open for the TD. And at the very worst it would have been just incomplete.

So on the surface yes the play looks terrible and we all hate Bevell for it. And we're all going to second guess and would rather just run it 3 times with Marshawn (I'm all for that too). But in terms of the play calling it was the right play called to beat that specific defense. It was the execution that was bad.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if we run out 22 or 21 package, then you don't see that coverage right? I understand not being predictable, so putting 11 out there gives the most options, but defenses also know that is what we do, so they basically dare RW to throw over the middle into tight coverage, knowing our O-line can't sustain the blocks and they might get a mistake, which is what happened. RW faked the handoff, looked at his first read and saw Baldwin had the inside on his man and made a jump pass with pressure coming. Yes, he could have made a better throw, but he made a mistake and the defense forced it.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so during the Cards game Marshawn went over to get Skittles and Bevell said he didn't want his players eating during the game. Marshawn basically told Bevell to F off to which Bevell later complained to Carroll about. Carroll told Marshawn that they don't like that language and Marshawn started going off on how Bevell should have no say in whether he wants to eat Skittles. Carroll relayed that to Bevell and told him as the offensive coordinator to work with Lynch to figure it out. So Bevell went to Lynch's home and they had dinner and everything was going fine until Lynch invited Bevell to his living room where he had like a monster sized bowl (like a 20' by 20' bowl) of Skittles. Bevell was like, "UHH" but before he could say anything Lynch shoved his face into the bowl screaming, "SKITTLES BITCH, THESE ARE MY SKITTLES AND I EAT WHENEVER I WANT!" so Bevell after he ran out of Lynch's house went to Carroll and told him that Lynch was insane. Carroll agreed with Bevell that Lynch is insane so both agreed to not let him score TDs because that's when he eats Skittles and they wanted to avoid Lynch killing anyone on the team.

So that's why.

I thought this was legit until the point where he slams his face in the bowl. Good one Shark. I actually thought you might of had some insider info or something.

:laugh3:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed this after the Arizona game and didn't make much of it since I didn't think it was a big deal back then. But after seeing what had happened lately regarding the play-calling by Bevell there has to be some context to this.

Keep in mind, the play in question was when Lynched bulled his way into the endzone and knocked off a defender's helmet in process. The play was eventually reviewed and no TD was given. On the next play, they decided NOT to give Lynch the ball again but throw it into the endzone instead.

It looked to me Lynch was flipping the sideline off and I would be too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jWytyPthDI]ESPN: Did Marshawn Lynch Flip Off His Sideline After Not Getting the Ball? - YouTube[/ame]

Let it be clear that this is a run first offense and as I've said in the game thread yesterday, the only time the Seahawks should be 100% predictable is when they are inside the 5 yard line in the red zone, that means you pound the ball with Lynch. Yesterday's INT by Wilson inside the 5 was preventable if we had just run it and it should be run!

It was very understable why it looked like Lynch ran mad near the end of the 4th and into OT yesterday.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power football… It's fine to use finesse at times and mix it up but lately Bevell just goes pure finesse every time were in that situation… I think Pete needs to let Wilson decide and override with audibles in those situations.. If Wilson decides to let Lynch get the carry audible the dam play and take it out of Bevell's hands…

That's probably the thing about being a second year QB is that sometimes you don't want to question the play-calling by the OC. Wilson is no doubt a leader on the field and sometimes he takes matter into his own hands, but I feel like majority of those times is when the play broke down. That play yesterday looked like it was designed as Lynch was actually looking to block. Eventually, what I would love to see is that even in a designed play by the OC Wilson can just take charge and hand the ball off to Lynch in that situation. With a power running game, I just hate hate hate that we have to throw inside the 5.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

F: Bevell is a freakin' moron.
G: Bevell is addicted to Sunday morning bong hits.
H: Lynch banged Bevell's wife in the off-season and she enjoyed a post coitus bag of skittles.
I: Bevell has never heard of a basic strategic S.W.O.T analysis.

All of the above.

Enough already but, seriously, we could easily do an A-Z on Bevell.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting that you brought up the SWOT analysis. I love that. :)

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's the reason Zona lost the SB to the Stealers. Throwing inside the 5 is difficult because of having so many D bodies packed in a small area. A corner fade is one thing but we're built as a power running team and then we throw.

:wtf2:

Buffalo committed the same mistake yesterday with a rookie QB vs the Chiefs. Up 10-3 and looking to go up 17-3, Buffalo decides to pass at the 1 and it's an 100 yd pick six and a 10-10 tie. Not good.

There are quite a few lousy O-Co's and Bevell has to be in the top 3 morons in the NFL.

I think it's about time we cross out the Vikings as a NFL squad. We don't call them and we don't accept calls from them.

:gaah:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting that you brought up the SWOT analysis. I love that. :)

Since you understand the concept, Cloud, and it's a basic business principle and is the #1
concept Bevell should execute during the week. I can't believe this clown works on a game plan for 50-65 hours a week and comes up with the trash we see on Sunday. SWOT has to be performed by every organization. Apple vs Samsung or Boeing vs Airbus and the list is endless. Simplified Offensive version.

INTERNAL:

S trengths -

A dynamic, playmaking franchise QB in RWill that is effective outside the pocket, running the read option. Can execute play action. A beast at RB that only gets tougher as the game goes on. Has incredible vision for a power back and is still elusive in the open field for his toughness.

W eakness -

Currently, the Offensive line with 2 Offensive tackles that are either out of position or are too inexperienced to contain edge rushers. A bit light on a tall receiver.

EXTERNAL

O pportunities -

From a football perspective, Bevell should keep this blank until he fills in the threat portion and he can re-visit.

T hreats -

From jumpstreet, against the powerhouse front 7's like Carolina, Texans, 9ers, Zona, Rams. Those teams have a pass rush that our young OT's can NOT contain. I listed specific game plans for those type of teams prior to game #1.

O pportunites are re-visited.

From a simplified version, Bevell should now construct the game plan opportunities. The opportunities CHANGE week to week as the opponent changes. (threats)

For example, in the Rams game with Quinn and Long, who love to go edge, you run plays to send them edge and you 1. Run through that vacated c-d gap with a Sweezy moving out to take out the LB. You run screens to either side of the formation.

The Screen to Turbin worked extremely well so why was it only executed once? Rb's should be catching 5-6 screens every week with these Tackles. Typically, the DL can sniff out a screen because the OL will allow the DL to get past them and they yell, screen. With power DE's, they won't even think they're being let into the backfield because they're doing it so easily. lol

If you want RWill to roll out, allow the edge to come up the field and RWill moves into that spot to look down the seams or go 9 route. Is there a QB that can move left or right on the move and throw a better ball? Aaron Rodgers in the only guy that compares.

Do not call for long developing plays in the pocket, especially, deep in our territory where only bad things can happen. Fumbles and easy opponent TD's.

Bevell should probably know that his empty backfield sets make RWill a sitting duck. The play does not work! Burn the lamination and start over.

Pound Lynch, Pound Lynch and Pound Lynch, especially inside the red zone. There should be a certain variety of plays that you call at differing locations on the field. Enough to not make it obvious from the same formations.

Now without Rice, I think we need to get Willson split out to take advantage of his height and speed. I don't care about his inexperience. We will need Luke to be a contributing factor down the road and needs reps in games that aren't blow outs.

This is a simplified version and it's obvious Bevell doesn't execute this process, obvious. Does he track plays and their success? No way he does during the week.

None of us are O-Co's and we don't act like we are but the #1 objective to implement a game plan is to start from a simple SWOT analysis and then break down the details. We all see it when we watch the game, so how does an experienced O-Co that has all week to do 1 thing and that's to prepare an Offensive game plan look so clueless?

:gaah: