• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sometimes the media can be so stupid

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on Philly.com I see this article about how Chip may still be going for Mariota and the press conference could be a smokescreen.

Maybe Chip Kelly is still chasing Mariota after all

I know now that CK gave a press conference and told them all the STFU they still need to speculate. If Mariota is an Eagle on draft day I will be stunned. The package to move up 15-18 picks is more than what the Eagles have to offer right now.

1. Unless Bradford signs a multi year deal who is going to trade for him and his cap hit in a package to move up into the top 5.

2. Who on this team could we package as players to move up that high without crippling the team?

3. What draft picks do we have to give? We would probably have to give 2016 and 2017 first round picks and a few other early round picks to make that move up and that still may not be enough. To move up just 4 spots the Skins gave up 2 first round picks and a 2nd round pick. Can you imagine the price to move up 15 spots?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the story in spot on personally. Chip also said he and Howie are buds. Did you believe that too?

Fact is, Chip would trade his left nut for MM if he could. Let's wait and see what goes down but why do you think Chip said he had a first round pick offer for Bradford? He's working every angle.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the Eagles acquired Bradford to keep him.

But for arguments sake, suppose Kelly really still does want MM? There was an article recently that several of the top teams preferred Bradford to either of the rookies, and perhaps Kelly got good value in the trade aned someone really is willing to give up a #1 for him? Its not a horrible trade for a top team to take Kendricks, Bradford and Pick #20 for the #2 or 3 overall pick. That is arguably the equivalent of 3 #1s.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the Eagles acquired Bradford to keep him.

But for arguments sake, suppose Kelly really still does want MM? There was an article recently that several of the top teams preferred Bradford to either of the rookies, and perhaps Kelly got good value in the trade aned someone really is willing to give up a #1 for him? Its not a horrible trade for a top team to take Kendricks, Bradford and Pick #20 for the #2 or 3 overall pick. That is arguably the equivalent of 3 #1s.

How much of a dick move would it be to use Bradford to lure DeMarco in .... then turn around and trade Bradford to move up in the draft to get MM?

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more of a dick move than Gore backing out. It's a biz.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the story in spot on personally. Chip also said he and Howie are buds. Did you believe that too?

Fact is, Chip would trade his left nut for MM if he could. Let's wait and see what goes down but why do you think Chip said he had a first round pick offer for Bradford? He's working every angle.

That is your opinion Igg but I don't think you are remotely close.

What scenario does this trade become possible. How do we even make it work?

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could end up not getting either back. Matthews hasn't signed and there saying Murray still is giving cowboys every opportunity too match.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could end up not getting either back. Matthews hasn't signed and there saying Murray still is giving cowboys every opportunity too match.

Cowboys are going to have cap space issues and can't compete with bidding teams. You front load a deal and they can't match.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also said the raiders r now making a push for Matthews

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG you are looking at it rationally, that is your problem.

What rational scenario would have led you, a week ago, to assume that the Eagles would trade Nick Foles for Sam Bradford?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG you are looking at it rationally, that is your problem.

What rational scenario would have led you, a week ago, to assume that the Eagles would trade Nick Foles for Sam Bradford?

Touche' :agree:

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only issue I have with Bradford is his health. He play on a really bad team and was beat up a lot. How many years have the Rams been picking in the top 10 if not the top 5? If we get him back to 100% and protect him he can be a really good QB.

I won't buy a number 8 jersey but I will use some white tape to turn my #9 to #8. :D

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my new thinking on Chip: whatever seems rational and logical and "NFL consensus", Chip will do the opposite.

Most teams done paying big bucks to veteran running backs with wear on their tires? Chip pursues 31-year-old Frank Gore and flies in NFL rushing leader Demarco Murray after he has a 400-carry season.

Chip zigs, where everyone else zags. That's how he rolls.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody? The Colts did. They sure look a whole lot better then we do

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sam's the guy, but nothing will surprise me. I'm excited to see if Chip can help Sam fulfill all that promise he showed at Oklahoma, and flashed at STL. Dude had some sick arm talent coming out - his ball placement was absolutely ridiculous. Sam's a good kid too, smart, high football IQ, team-first guy -- hard not to root for someone like that.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always viewed Bradford as kind of a David Carr type. By all accounts a great guy and talent, but at the end of the day you rarely saw Carr make many plays. Carr never threw for more than 16 TDs in a season. I felt that he never learned how and when to take a shot. Kind of the anti-Favre. When Favre had inexperienced receivers, he would throw the ball to them over and over when he felt they were in a position to make a play, even when they didn't. Eventually, he trained his receivers to make plays in tough situations. Its the reason why Favre is an all time leader in TDs AND interceptions. He took risks.

Perhaps in Carr's case (and Bradford's) it was all situational and being in the right system will change things. We will see.