• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So how is this for a starting 5?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas competed with Cooks for targets in '16, Excellent comparison. As a middle of the road rookie, competing for targets on the same team as this "vastly underrated stud WR, Cooks".. Thomas smoked him..doesn't get to be a better comparison than that. Thomas, eben as a rookie...great WR Cooks..just another pretty good one..same team, same offense, same QB..perfect comparison

But Thomas didn't hit your threshold either that yr. He needed the saints to change their entire offensive philosophy in order to hit those marks. I was saying that Cooks would also hit those marks if he played on this version of the saints.

And don't even try to say Brees of the last couple yrs is the same as Brees in '16, there's over 25% decline in pass attempts since then.

Look how spread out his targets were compared to now - Thomas and Kamara were targeted on 52% of his throws last yr, no one else had over 50 looks.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, I'd never say Brees then and Brees now, is the same.
And also, I throw out 100 and ten, as benchmarks, its not the end all be all. Cooks has gotten nine scores, that's great, but is he ever realistically in the discussion to have ten? The guys in the next tier up usually are. Is he ever realistically in the discussion to have 100 catches? The guys in the next tier are. Is he ever realistically in the discussion to lead the league in yardage? The guys in the tier above him are. Its not gee he had 90 and 9, close but not good enough...being a guy that gets close to that in basically any random season..that's what I'm talking about. Guys that are a yearly threat to meet or exceed that threshold, not that they always do, every year

So,, once again..if he's "underated" like so many say, go out and prove you are in those discussions, prove you belong in those discussions,bevuase that's the next step up in levels of respect, from really good to greatness. Until then, this myth that he is a great WR, equates to, him being overated, yet oddly, getting the exact amount of respect he truly deserve, as a top 20-25 WR, right where he belongs, just as he truly is. Ranked where he belongs, drafted where he belongs...more or less

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again. Let’s look at his finishes.

Cooks finishes have been amongst wr have been:
2018-13th(most consistent year on a per game basis
2017-7
2016-8
2015-12
2014-53(rookie year)

Is there reason to expect regression? Yeah sure. Is he likely gonna fall
Lower, absolutely since I’m arguing it.

But how can we honestly pretend he hasn’t proved to be at worst a top 20 wr when he has produced 4 straight top 13 finishes, two top ten finishes, on 3 different teams? Those numbers don’t lie. He put up the points, and finishes the season top 15 4 straight years.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again. Let’s look at his finishes.

Cooks finishes have been amongst wr have been:
2018-13th(most consistent year on a per game basis
2017-7
2016-8
2015-12
2014-53(rookie year)

Is there reason to expect regression? Yeah sure. Is he likely gonna fall
Lower, absolutely since I’m arguing it.

But how can we honestly pretend he hasn’t proved to be at worst a top 20 wr when he has produced 4 straight top 13 finishes, two top ten finishes, on 3 different teams? Those numbers don’t lie. He put up the points, and finishes the season top 15 4 straight years.
I don't get why you keep trying to prove to me he's a really good receiver??? I've said as much multiple times..he's ranked as a really good receiver, he's drafted as a really good receiver, he's talked about as a really good receiver, just as DJAX was, as Woods is, as Kupp is, as a couple dozen others in that really good class are...yet you, and many others, say he's underated, meaning you think he should be regarded as a next level..I.e. a Great receiver, cuz that's the next level up, that's where youre telling me he should be regarded...prove to me he is a great receiver, your offering up more really good numbers, numbers that are all in the exact same ballpark as all the other really good receivers, not in the ballpark if great ones. Youre proving my entire point by continuing to argue for more respect then he's proven to be worth, thus... Overated

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, I'd never say Brees then and Brees now, is the same.
And also, I throw out 100 and ten, as benchmarks, its not the end all be all. Cooks has gotten nine scores, that's great, but is he ever realistically in the discussion to have ten? The guys in the next tier up usually are. Is he ever realistically in the discussion to have 100 catches? The guys in the next tier are. Is he ever realistically in the discussion to lead the league in yardage? The guys in the tier above him are. Its not gee he had 90 and 9, close but not good enough...being a guy that gets close to that in basically any random season..that's what I'm talking about. Guys that are a yearly threat to meet or exceed that threshold, not that they always do, every year

So,, once again..if he's "underated" like so many say, go out and prove you are in those discussions, prove you belong in those discussions,bevuase that's the next step up in levels of respect, from really good to greatness. Until then, this myth that he is a great WR, equates to, him being overated, yet oddly, getting the exact amount of respect he truly deserve, as a top 20-25 WR, right where he belongs, just as he truly is. Ranked where he belongs, drafted where he belongs...more or less

I don't get why you keep trying to prove to me he's a really good receiver??? I've said as much multiple times..he's ranked as a really good receiver, he's drafted as a really good receiver, he's talked about as a really good receiver, just as DJAX was, as Woods is, as Kupp is, as a couple dozen others in that really good class are...yet you, and many others, say he's underated, meaning you think he should be regarded as a next level..I.e. a Great receiver, cuz that's the next level up, that's where youre telling me he should be regarded...prove to me he is a great receiver, your offering up more really good numbers, numbers that are all in the exact same ballpark as all the other really good receivers, not in the ballpark if great ones. Youre proving my entire point by continuing to argue for more respect then he's proven to be worth, thus... Overated

the argument slightly changes with each comment. But my point is hes proven for 4 years straight hes better than 20-25. But im going to be done here, there's been enough snide remarks, can't have a conversation, or point counterpoint.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the argument slightly changes with each comment. But my point is hes proven for 4 years straight hes better than 20-25. But im going to be done here, there's been enough snide remarks, can't have a conversation, or point counterpoint.
Dude, I flat out told you, when you asked..theres zero changing my mind, and I've flat out told you EXACTLY what it would take to change my mind, in an effort to avoid the whole thing, so you could say, great different strokes for different folks, we agree to disagree...yet you continued...and continued..I have yet to see a snide remark from anyone other than Milk, and honestly, who gives two shits what he has to say..I tried to keep it light, multiple times..yet you continued, and continued..you bring it on yourself.
Have a good weekend

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consistently finishes as a WR1, but can be drafted in the WR2 range....I think that could be the exact definition of an undervalued fantasy asset. I'll always take a guy that finishes higher than where you draft him.

WR16 according to fantasy calculator, I'd bet a shiny nickel he outperforms that.

No one gets lucky 4 straight yrs in the NFL.

Poor @Sam Sportboy, he needs to start a new thread for his team now, lol

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're on the Cooks Train and it's a proven one too, no need to share with everyone

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're on the Cooks Train and it's a proven one too, no need to share with everyone
Shit I own that motherfucker in every league (I think). Paired him with Thielen in 2 (I think). Like the RB's I was able to get by going with those 2 and like I've said before, I feel week to week one of those guise will score like a WR1 and some weeks both (I hope). I can see the non-love fer Cooks but he did well fer me in the 2 leagues I had him in last year.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Jones’ odd lack of TDs. But that is on the team not on him.

So, Cooks' "odd lack of TDs" is dismissed...however, Julio is excused. It is on the team. Down by the schoolyard.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Cooks' "odd lack of TDs" is dismissed...however, Julio is excused. It is on the team. Down by the schoolyard.
Meh, Julio, year after year is a league leader in catches and yards..yes the lack of TD's is a bitch, but, theres nothing in his game that isnt elite level. And I think anyone would agree that if Matt Ryan and the OC decided to make a small effort to get him more scores, it wouldn't be hard to do..but, since he doesn't bitch about it, and the offense scores, why bother?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, Julio, year after year is a league leader in catches and yards..yes the lack of TD's is a bitch, but, theres nothing in his game that isnt elite level. And I think anyone would agree that if Matt Ryan and the OC decided to make a small effort to get him more scores, it wouldn't be hard to do..but, since he doesn't bitch about it, and the offense scores, why bother?

Then again, unless and until Calvin Ridley comes around, Julio has been all by himself in the schoolyard. Period.

Damn, I'd love to continue this conversation, but there's this Luck thing that's happening.

Where the hell did this come from?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio is the best real life WR in the league, only Hopkins is close, but I'd rather have Hop in fantasy.

Cooks ain't at that level

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, unless and until Calvin Ridley comes around, Julio has been all by himself in the schoolyard. Period.

Damn, I'd love to continue this conversation, but there's this Luck thing that's happening.

Where the hell did this come from?
To be fair, Roddy White was THE guy for Julio's first handful of years. Julio wasn't more or less by himself until '16, his 5th year (also his biggest year, and Roddy was around, but a has been by then)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Roddy White was THE guy for Julio's first handful of years. Julio wasn't more or less by himself until '16, his 5th year (also his biggest year, and Roddy was around, but a has been by then)

Mmm...I was a big Roddy fan for a handful of years.

He killed me on my fantasy teams for a handful of years. ;)