• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So does anyone else..........

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the sinking feeling going on in the back of your head that they could read all this hype and well shit the bed this season?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the sinking feeling going on in the back of your head that they could read all this hype and well shit the bed this season?
I doubt they shit the bed because of the hype, but they should could come up well short of that hype anyway. There are a lot of assumptions made to reach that hype level. Given all the questions at WR specifically and the assumption that Browning will take a big step forward instead of having a sophomore slump it isn't a given that they will reach anything close to those levels.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR position does worry me, KJR boys were talkin the other day about moving secondary players over (that played WR in High school) but that would defeat the purpose if guys leave early for the draft next spring!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys on KJR say a lot of stupid shit. It's how they fill their air time.

There are two RS freshmen WR expected to see substantial game time and contribute right away. Add that transfer student they just picked up a couple of weeks back, Ross' return, McClature's development, and hopefully some maturing of Pettis and Lenuis and there is a chance they have enough quality to get it done.

I'm more concerned about the pass protection for Jake and what kind of backup to Gaskin they have. Those are things I'll be looking out for game 1 more than the WR corp.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports Cheetah has UW 13th in the nation and says the only game he has them underdogs in is at Oregon and are 49% chance of winning that game. He's one of the nations top handicappers.

Introducing the Sports Cheetah, and his Top 25 - SportsLine.com

Really really really hope none of the kids are even having any type of access to all of this stuff, but in this day and age of the internet there is nearly no chance that's happening.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe just maybe after all the years of struggles we can enjoy a great season!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe just maybe after all the years of struggles we can enjoy a great season!
With THIS much hype, how satisfied would you be with a 10-2 season and second place in the north? How bad would 9-3 be?

The problem with this over the top hype is it can't do anything but set you up for disappointment. Even if you aren't fully buying into it. Anything short of living up to that hype is a let down.

If there hadn't been any high expectation in the media and polls then even a 9-3 regular season would feel like a substantial step forward. And the media would probably portray it as such. No way they can get any positive press after anything less than a 1 loss season with this preseason attention.

Obviously I hope they are as good as advertised. We are about a month or so away from finding out. At least we aren't going to have to wait until the end of the season to see exactly where they are.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With THIS much hype, how satisfied would you be with a 10-2 season and second place in the north? How bad would 9-3 be?

The problem with this over the top hype is it can't do anything but set you up for disappointment. Even if you aren't fully buying into it. Anything short of living up to that hype is a let down.

If there hadn't been any high expectation in the media and polls then even a 9-3 regular season would feel like a substantial step forward. And the media would probably portray it as such. No way they can get any positive press after anything less than a 1 loss season with this preseason attention.

Obviously I hope they are as good as advertised. We are about a month or so away from finding out. At least we aren't going to have to wait until the end of the season to see exactly where they are.

10-2 or 9-3? I would be fine with it, if they split Stanford or Oregon, or knock off both but lose couple to other Pac12 teams.

To me it's different now, for years I was concerned about the offense, this year I feel confident in them defense though I'm worried about front four. Can they pressure the QB to give this very good secondary a chance for a pick. Can the LB's spots keep producing quality players....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about LB. They have some quality there that has game time under their belts. Coach K has already proven he can turn unknowns into fucking studs and either cover up his weak points or eradicate them.

I'm more concerned with the LT improving so Jake isn't running for his life as much as last season and he has more time and attention to whats going on downfield instead of whats coming from behind him. And of course WR depth. They have a few quality smaller receivers that will make big plays, but which TE or larger WR is going to end up being that possession receiver you need on 3rd and 7+? Is Lenius going to step up? Then of course there is depth behind Gaskin.

We look like we have a lot more depth and development on the defense than the offense. I'll be nervous and concerned about that unit all year long. It's going to feel like they are one bad injury away from more disappointments.

Either way I'll be in Husky stadium next Saturday and I can't wait!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about LB. They have some quality there that has game time under their belts. Coach K has already proven he can turn unknowns into fucking studs and either cover up his weak points or eradicate them.

I'm more concerned with the LT improving so Jake isn't running for his life as much as last season and he has more time and attention to whats going on downfield instead of whats coming from behind him. And of course WR depth. They have a few quality smaller receivers that will make big plays, but which TE or larger WR is going to end up being that possession receiver you need on 3rd and 7+? Is Lenius going to step up? Then of course there is depth behind Gaskin.

We look like we have a lot more depth and development on the defense than the offense. I'll be nervous and concerned about that unit all year long. It's going to feel like they are one bad injury away from more disappointments.

Either way I'll be in Husky stadium next Saturday and I can't wait!

I believe the OL will be a positive this season. My experiences with OL's is that new players take time working with vets. There is that comfort level of knowing what the guy next too you can and will do.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In further proof that Adam Jude is still really a duck at heart, he went game by game with his predictions for the season and has UW finishing 8-4 losing every tough game on their schedule: Stanford, Oregon, USC, and even Utah.

Jude really doesn't contribute nearly as much as Condotta did when he was covering the Huskies and he's a former duck trying to pretend he has no bias in his coverage of the team.

Get-Out-GIF.gif