• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smitty is toast

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I expected a win yesterday...I picked BAL by 7 bc/ I don't believe in the OL.gave up 29 on the road...not good, we knew the DEF was suspect...but they took it from BAL 3 times yesterday....Only scoring 7 points for what was supposed to be a GOOD OFC?

I hate to say it, because I genuinely like the Falcons, they really look no better than the 4 win team LY...and this more injuries of course, but the OL was supposed to be deeper, Matthews 1st round pick, Asamoah was highly coveted. Blalock was back, Konz was a 2nd rd pick, and Carimi was low budget, but handpicked FA. It's hard for me to get my head around losing Holmes and Baker has cause this much demise.

They go to London (already there I think) vs DET.

Then @ TB, @ CAR, @ GB, @ NO...with home games CLE, AZ, PIT, CAR.

The way the team is looking right now...MAYBE they beat the Bucs on the road, but I don't see it with GB or NO...probably not CAR either. Unless we see a huge turnaround...6-10, top side 7-9 might be it.

Repeat...Smitty is toast and I think Dimitroff too.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Smith is a dead man walking. As for Dimitroff, I think he'll get one more year. The amount of injuries we've had at O-line is freakish (just lost a fifth lineman today with Peter Konz going on the IR), and I think losing the defensive captain in 'Spoon has had a worse impact on the defense than I expected it too.

This offseason, TD needs to puts guys on the field that can stay healthy. It's time to give up on 'Spoon and Baker; they can't stay healthy.

Right now, I think we're going to get no lower than the eighth pick and no higher than the fourth. I think we should go after pass rush in the first round because, unfortunately, we're stuck with Baker due to that stupid contract we gave him, and Blalock and Hawley will be back next season. Meanwhile, our pass rushers are healthy and they're still awful. You know, I hear Washington has this one linebacker named Hau'oli Kikaha that's really good. Maybe he could be a replacement for Sean?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Smith is a dead man walking. As for Dimitroff, I think he'll get one more year. The amount of injuries we've had at O-line is freakish (just lost a fifth lineman today with Peter Konz going on the IR), and I think losing the defensive captain in 'Spoon has had a worse impact on the defense than I expected it too.

This offseason, TD needs to puts guys on the field that can stay healthy. It's time to give up on 'Spoon and Baker; they can't stay healthy.

Right now, I think we're going to get no lower than the eighth pick and no higher than the fourth. I think we should go after pass rush in the first round because, unfortunately, we're stuck with Baker due to that stupid contract we gave him, and Blalock and Hawley will be back next season. Meanwhile, our pass rushers are healthy and they're still awful. You know, I hear Washington has this one linebacker named Hau'oli Kikaha that's really good. Maybe he could be a replacement for Sean?

Konz? on IR...Wow, I hadn't heard that!...Stone moves to C I guess...that is freakishly bad luck...but Steelers had something similar happen 3 or 4 years straight they could keep a 5 man unit intact would lose at least 2 for the season, but never like this.

Spoon...UFA year...they might make a below market offer, b/c he's really an inside LB and he's better than Worrilow...either way they will be drafting a playmaking LB or DL for certain...not familiar with the WAS kid, but Gregory (NEB) is one of the higher ranked DEs.

At the time I said Spoon wouldn't be a big loss, but I was wrong...pretty good playmaker, but he was the vocal leader...sorely missed...right now Massaquoi is the only DL guy to be counted on to make a play...he balled yesterday, but need more than 1.

TD...man you might be right that he survives this, but these are his players...idk if I would keep him to be honest...should Smith be let go, I'm thinking McKay will heavily involved in the HC hire either way.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith just coached himself out of a job with the clock management at the end of the Cleveland game, pitiful that he puts so much faith in that defense

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Mike Smith. Fuck him in his ass. Fuck him in his ear. Fuck him in every hole he has. How many games have we lost over the years due to his incompetence? Just think, if we had a decent head coach, this team very well could have won a Super Bowl by this time.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he single handedly lost 2 games. I'm glad he got atl started in 08 but his time is done. If he's fired now I honestly think an interim coach could get us to the playoffs

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty has lost it...he really has. At his press conference he said that they wanted to get the right play to make the 1st down and if he didn't call TO...CLE was going to.

That was paraphrasing, but I'm thinking...did he REALLY just say that? He'll never get another HC job in the NFL.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, he's something else. No wonder Buffalo fired him all those years ago.

Hey, don't forget the Giants game too. We could have very well won that game if he hadn't passed on forth down like that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never realize just how arrogant you are until you're surprised a thread isn't about you.......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I was wrong. For some reason, I thought he was with Buffalo. No idea why I thought that.

JAX...by way of BAL I think, but it don't matter.

The OC's kid goes to the same HS as my boss' son...both on the football team and the coach decided not to start Kotter's kid because he knew they weren't going to be around next year as seniors.