• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skip Bayless is the dumbest media personality around

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Chris Carter talking on the air about how most retired NFL players are divorced and bankrupt. It was a HIGH percentage.

If I was an owner I could handle a HC candidate being divorced but if he can't manage his own bank account, he is most definitely not going to be the leader of my team. So that alone eliminates most former players regardless of their race.

Besides that, how many NFL players even want to be a head coach someday? How many current NFL players are taking steps toward a future job in coaching?

Then you have the money you can make by being a sports analyst. Most sports shows are stacked with former players making good money.
Dan Marino still calling a lot of the shots in Miami - go figure.....

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day I finished reading the copy of “God’s Coach” that I purchased when it was released in 1990 was the day I stopped giving a single shit about Bayless. Anyone who read that book realized then Skip is all about Skip and nothing he’s done in the 30+ years since has changed this fact one iota. He simply went from a Dallas stage to a national stage with his narcissistic bullshit and bullhorn. He’s a clown.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Bayles. He is stupid mofo ever since he attacked Aikman decades ago. He is a fake Cowboys fan... Would like to hit him in the jaw

That was how he tried to launch his career (he eventually succeeded). Trying to out Aikman to the point of hiring a PI to follow him just proves that Skip should be working for TMZ. But I don't think even TMZ is as low class as he is.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize by posting this useless persons rant, you are contributing to the fane and fortune of this moron, right?

All sports journalists are worthless to society. All we really need is Woj and Schefter, and people like that can always be replaced.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day I finished reading the copy of “God’s Coach” that I purchased when it was released in 1990 was the day I stopped giving a single shit about Bayless. Anyone who read that book realized then Skip is all about Skip and nothing he’s done in the 30+ years since has changed this fact one iota. He simply went from a Dallas stage to a national stage with his narcissistic bullshit and bullhorn. He’s a clown.
A rich, successful clown.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to listen to his rambling on KTCK the ticket way back in he early 90’s on the drive home. I have met a lot of stuck up think they know everything people with an opinion on any topic but bayless is in a very small group of I know better than you thinking. He has not changed just taken his act national. Granted he has made a lot of money but at the cost of selling his reputation for $$$$ . For some folks that’s fine but I think he is trash.
JMHO

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbest media personality is Michael Irvin......hands down.

Lol......I get a facepalm for this post......

Gotta love that Dallas fandom.....

Michael Irvin is absolutley horrible......theres nothing to like about him.
Not even sure why ESPN would think he would be a great tv analyst.....other than naybe to attract the Cowboy followers.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip and Steven A are jackasses. BUT:

Why are there so few black head coaches in the NFL? You gotta admit that it's at least a little weird. Or perhaps there's a logical reason that some of us aren't seeing. The fact that the Rooney rule even exists is just weird.

I have a really hard time believing everybody's a fucking racist but WTF is up with that?

Cause they makeup less than 15% of the total population? Also, maybe they just aren't GOOD at it? We seem to have no problem with every RB, CB, and WR being black... let alone basically every NBA player.... and we shouldn't... because they're just BETTER at it... but somehow there's a problem because "Not enough black coaches." ????

America and Western civilization is truly special at the moment. Literally trying to invent shit to be upset about.

Last edited:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol......I get a facepalm for this post......

Gotta love that Dallas fandom.....

Michael Irvin is absolutley horrible......theres nothing to like about him.
Not even sure why ESPN would think he would be a great tv analyst.....other than naybe to attract the Cowboy followers.
Michael is an acquired taste and you did not have the pleasure of listening to his Dallas radio show after his playing days or watching the craziness of the Cowboys back in the 90’s daily living in Dallas.
And your correct Cowboys or former Cowboys draw views and clicks love them or hate them they are in the news because of the genius of Tex Schramm way back and the marketing of Jerry Jones In todays NFL.

I will take Michael and all his over the top antics and views anytime. Even with his “Blue” glasses on he knows football and you are perfectly welcome to changing the channel or throwing a brick at your TV.

Go Cowboys

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael is an acquired taste and you did not have the pleasure of listening to his Dallas radio show after his playing days or watching the craziness of the Cowboys back in the 90’s daily living in Dallas.
And your correct Cowboys or former Cowboys draw views and clicks love them or hate them they are in the news because of the genius of Tex Schramm way back and the marketing of Jerry Jones In todays NFL.

I will take Michael and all his over the top antics and views anytime. Even with his “Blue” glasses on he knows football and you are perfectly welcome to changing the channel or throwing a brick at your TV.

Go Cowboys

I would hope he knows something about footbal,cause he did play the game.....but that doesnt mean anything........

I loved Mike Ditka,but as him being a tv analyst,no thanks........

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to listen to his rambling on KTCK the ticket way back in he early 90’s on the drive home. I have met a lot of stuck up think they know everything people with an opinion on any topic but bayless is in a very small group of I know better than you thinking. He has not changed just taken his act national. Granted he has made a lot of money but at the cost of selling his reputation for $$$$ . For some folks that’s fine but I think he is trash.
JMHO
Damn near 30 years later and the little Ticket is still going strong without Bayless which is a testament to knowing what a bad fit he was in what they do and the people in charge back then doing something about it. His audience isn’t their audience and I’m sure even though he’s where he’s at his ego still has a little bruise from getting canned. To paraphrase - they can do what he can do but he can’t do what they can do.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope he knows something about footbal,cause he did play the game.....but that doesnt mean anything........

I loved Mike Ditka,but as him being a tv analyst,no thanks........
Mike was a Ok analyst in the studio but that was not his forte as he was a little gruff and while that was ok for awhile it wore thin.
like I said Michael is a acquired taste and I understand your disagreement and I will leave it at that :suds:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn near 30 years later and the little Ticket is still going strong without Bayless which is a testament to knowing what a bad fit he was in what they do and the people in charge back then doing something about it. His audience isn’t their audience and I’m sure even though he’s where he’s at his ego still has a little bruise from getting canned. To paraphrase - they can do what he can do but he can’t do what they can do.
100% agree on that and after the Mouth left the station soared
The ole gray wolf Ryner has started another station I have tried to listen a little but I prefer the Fan except the 10-2 show I don’t like those guys at all but that’s when I have to do most of my work so it all evens out in the end.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Skip and Steven A are jackasses. BUT:

Why are there so few black head coaches in the NFL? You gotta admit that it's at least a little weird. Or perhaps there's a logical reason that some of us aren't seeing. The fact that the Rooney rule even exists is just weird.

I have a really hard time believing everybody's a fucking racist but WTF is up with that?

Nepotism is king in the NFL and you'll find a lot of connections between coaches and front office people that go back decades.

In a job that's hyper competitive and one where second chances are tough to come by so it's hard to not fill your ranks with people you know or that know someone that you know.

A secondary problem is in a QB driven league most offensive minded coaches are looked on and taken risks on compared to defensive minded head coaches. You have a severe lack of black offensive minded coaches in the pipeline which is going to limit the overall pool of potential black head coaches.

Now why there is a lack of black offensive minded coaches would be an interesting thing to dig into because it's not like there is a lack of talented black coaches on the defensive side so you can't really consider racism a cause for that.

I do feel the coaching thing will naturally correct itself over time much like the lack of black QBs has become basically a non issue and that's something else that occurred naturally.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As far as Skip goes he's basically the equivalent of a wrestling heel.

He knows debate shows are more about entertainment for the masses than deep analytical sports discussion. So he completely understands that everyone sitting around a table saying how great LeBron is boring and isn't going to get people interested or talking.

He knowingly takes the unpopular opinion and pairs himself with someone that can perfectly play off that opinion to make the show entertaining to watch and get people talking about it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nepotism is king in the NFL and you'll find a lot of connections between coaches and front office people that go back decades.

In a job that's hyper competitive and one where second chances are tough to come by so it's hard to not fill your ranks with people you know or that know someone that you know.

A secondary problem is in a QB driven league most offensive minded coaches are looked on and taken risks on compared to defensive minded head coaches. You have a severe lack of black offensive minded coaches in the pipeline which is going to limit the overall pool of potential black head coaches.

Now why there is a lack of black offensive minded coaches would be an interesting thing to dig into because it's not like there is a lack of talented black coaches on the defensive side so you can't really consider racism a cause for that.

I do feel the coaching thing will naturally correct itself over time much like the lack of black QBs has become basically a non issue and that's something else that occurred naturally.
Heard Dabol of the Giants just hired his son on staff.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip isn’t the problem… it’s the millions of viewers that keep him employed