• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skinsdad I was right

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched NFL rewind. The two bombs to Jackson RG3 had plenty of time to throw and had a clean pocket. Should of hit both passes. 14 points right there. What jumped out at me is how BAD Tom Compton played. Getting penalized and getting destroyed at pass blocking. This guy was awful Sunday. Plus he should of recovered Helu fumble. He played awful. RG3 and Compton were the worst performers Sunday. I thought Moses held his own. I cant see how Compton is playing over Moses. Now Trent is hurt so we will see both guys.

Rg3 first pick, Paul was on his knees trying to catch the ball. Yes it hit him in his hands but you cant expect any TE to make that catch. The mechanics on that throw were down right laughable. Yes this game was on RG3 and Kai. If Kai hit those FG's it could have made it a one score game.

To blame this game on the defense is just down right awful. They allowed only 3 points at the half. 14 points in the 2nd half. The way our offense was playing I think 17 points is not bad at all. The two busted coverage's for TD's was the only gripe I had from the defense. The offense is the problem of this team, it has been all year. We cant get good QB play. Heck we only need average Qb play and this is a totally different team.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to Cooley's breakdown and you will find out you were right and you were wrong.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched NFL rewind. The two bombs to Jackson RG3 had plenty of time to throw and had a clean pocket. Should of hit both passes. 14 points right there. What jumped out at me is how BAD Tom Compton played. Getting penalized and getting destroyed at pass blocking. This guy was awful Sunday. Plus he should of recovered Helu fumble. He played awful. RG3 and Compton were the worst performers Sunday. I thought Moses held his own. I cant see how Compton is playing over Moses. Now Trent is hurt so we will see both guys.

Rg3 first pick, Paul was on his knees trying to catch the ball. Yes it hit him in his hands but you cant expect any TE to make that catch. The mechanics on that throw were down right laughable. Yes this game was on RG3 and Kai. If Kai hit those FG's it could have made it a one score game.

To blame this game on the defense is just down right awful. They allowed only 3 points at the half. 14 points in the 2nd half. The way our offense was playing I think 17 points is not bad at all. The two busted coverage's for TD's was the only gripe I had from the defense. The offense is the problem of this team, it has been all year. We cant get good QB play. Heck we only need average Qb play and this is a totally different team.

you are unbelievable. I followed the thread between you and Dad. Never did Dad blame the loss on the defense. What he said is that all phases of the game sucked (including RG3) and all contributed to the loss. Which is accurate. You basically read what you want to read into every post.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

paul is an ex wr and it hit him in the hands as he put one knee to the ground . he should have caught that ball period , however if you were really "looking" at the game you would have seen that he had reed wide open as the play was designed for and he didnt throw it

other throws i dont care about because you cant tell me they wouldnt have simply been dropped . no one KNOWS for sure

also qbs overthrow and under throw all the time

the facts are just as i said Rg3 played bad the o/line played bad , the defense played bad and the special teams played bad. you just want to put the blame on one guy because you hate him or you arent mature enough to watch a game and know who screwed the pooch . the truth is all did

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sposter, where can I find it?

j_y they should post it to the ESPN 980 archives if they haven't already. It's a good listen. He really breaks down a lot of plays.

It is easy to say Compton sucks because you saw his man sack Griffin but everything is not always that simple. Cooley breaks it down so everyone can understand.

I think it should be said too that teams across the NFL have wrong reads or poor execution during games. Maybe the QB botches the pre-snap read, someone runs a wrong route, etc. etc. But the level Cooley talks about last Sunday is excessive.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad I know you blamed the whole team for this loss but you did mention the defense had a lot to do with it and I disagreed. I just proved to you that RG3 had a clean pocket on the bomb throws and you disagreed. Rg3 was responsible for 24 points in this game and yet you guys don't see it. Wow!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good pt by Cooley about RG3's comments about how nobody on the team is playing well nor a pro bowler. First of all I cannot believe that any current NFL player would make such a statement about their own team.

Secondly - as Cooley pointed out - D. Jackson very well could be Pro Bowler, but his chances were hurt somewhat due to RG3's poor throws. Trent Williams depending on injury could be pro bowler. Depending on his remaining games Kerrigan could also be a pro bowler.

He also made a good point about Lich - he has played better than most people realize. That is why you have to believe that it may not be as impossible as some think to rebuild this line over the next year or two. You don't need to bring in 4 more pro bowlers - just a few top notch additions. This might uncover the fact that perhaps some of the current players could thrive with some help. Also - obviously improved QB play will help considerably in this area. Time to get moving on the improvement process overall starting now. First prerequisite - tell RG3 to keep his mouth shut.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cooley breakdown was brutal and required listening. I will defend my position on Griff right on through the Vikes game. Defense did not give up the lead twice and Griffin is the guy who came back from injury, hung 26 on a good defense on the road as he led the team back twice late.

But all that changed on Sunday and the following days as more and more evidence surfaces. The pics of wide open receivers, Cooley's observation, Gruden's comments, all spell disaster.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a known fact that RG3 makes our line worst. Just pop in the Houston tape. He creates sacks. If we had an average Qb there are at least 3 pro bowlers on this offense. You guys get on me that I think we are a better team than our record indicates. But we are our Qb makes us a 3-7 team. I will say Compton was complete garbage on Sunday. But I have proved that RG3 was responsible for 24 points in that game. So yes the game is on him. Not the defense.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a known fact that RG3 makes our line worst. Just pop in the Houston tape. He creates sacks. If we had an average Qb there are at least 3 pro bowlers on this offense. You guys get on me that I think we are a better team than our record indicates. But we are our Qb makes us a 3-7 team. I will say Compton was complete garbage on Sunday. But I have proved that RG3 was responsible for 24 points in that game. So yes the game is on him. Not the defense.

news flash , all mobile qbs hold the ball longer then the non-mobile kind does

russell wilson is number 2 at holding the ball 1 tenth of a second behind guess who ?

and again the FG kicker blew 2 fgs , and the defense gave up 14 easy ones

and we will never know if djax doesnt drop one or both of those balls if any

the whole team is responsible

that doesnt mean that i believe Rg3 should start carving his HOF bust

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is the best running QB in the league. He is a better decision maker. I never see him take sacks or run into sacks. Skinsdad you cant expect our defense to pitch a shutout. They gave up 17 points, you think that is a lot?

You cant have a Qb responsible for 24 points and expect to win a game. We just need avg qb play and we cant even get that. This offense should be a hell of a lot better than what it is.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is the best running QB in the league. He is a better decision maker. I never see him take sacks or run into sacks. Skinsdad you cant expect our defense to pitch a shutout. They gave up 17 points, you think that is a lot?

You cant have a Qb responsible for 24 points and expect to win a game. We just need avg qb play and we cant even get that. This offense should be a hell of a lot better than what it is.

what dont you get dean ? what part of team loss cant you get ?

what part of running qbs hold the ball longer dont you get ? whether wilson was a better decisionmaker wasnt even part of the debate

i dont expect the defense to pitch a shut out . however some turnovers would have been nice . not letting a rookie wr scorch us for 2 tds (bombs) and 200 plus yards would be nice

you tell me Rg3 should dominate a 1-8 team but the defense cant be expected to do the same ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get that you don't think Rg3 is to blame for this loss. Its so simple. I pointed out how he put this team in a hole and missed open TD passes. But you want to blame the defense. Don't get me wrong I want Rg3 to succeed but he is just not getting it. He makes stupid plays at this point of his career. You cant sugarcoat it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get that you don't think Rg3 is to blame for this loss. Its so simple. I pointed out how he put this team in a hole and missed open TD passes. But you want to blame the defense. Don't get me wrong I want Rg3 to succeed but he is just not getting it. He makes stupid plays at this point of his career. You cant sugarcoat it.

i said he was part of the loss many times . he hasnt been absolved but you cant seem to understand that . it is all or nothing with you

Last edited by a moderator:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, its just common sense. How can you put a loss on the defense if that defense only gave up 17 points.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, its just common sense. How can you put a loss on the defense if that defense only gave up 17 points.

Perhaps you cannot put the loss primarily on the defense. However - the defense did not play well in the latter stages of the game & has obvious issues to correct both in scheme & with personnel. There is no way that you have a LB covering a WR who has been torching your team all day long. Completely unforgivable. If I were in charge I might have fired Haslett on the spot after that - either for his scheme or the fact that he continued to keep useless players in the game.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys guys guys. Come on now. The reasons we lost are:

Ribeye was not in the game steam rolling Gerald McCoy and company.
Aldrick Robinson was not in the game blowing the top off of that defense.
Alfred Morris is not a franchise running back.

Why can't you all see this.

I'm sure there are one or two things I'm forgetting.