• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SIAP: Jay Johnson to be Colorado's OC

OldDevilDawg

Idiot Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said to be a great hire by new HC, Mel Tucker.

1. Minnesota fans, what can you tell us about him?

2. Georgia fans, how much is this gonna hurt our Dawgs?

3. PAC fans, can a solid staff get Colorado over the hump in the conference hierachy?

Five things to know about new Buffaloes offensive coordinator Jay Johnson

Johnson has called plays for a total of six seasons - five for the Louisiana-Lafayette and one for the Minnesota Golden Gophers. The Gophers moved up 43 spots in total offense under his guidance, while ULL enjoyed their best offensive season in program history his final year in Lafayette. He also coached under mastermind Kirby Smart at Georgia, which is where he built a relationship with Tucker. Johnson is a guy who’s been there, done that, and seen it all, which should help in preparing a younger Buffs offense.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Kirby's defense, I'd be more concerned if we had to replace Chaney or Sam Pittman. But Mel did a fine job for us and I wish him the best.

OldDevilDawg

Idiot Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Kirby's defense, I'd be more concerned if we had to replace Chaney or Sam Pittman. But Mel did a fine jib for us and I wish him the best.

Not talking about Kirby. Jay Johnson spent the last 2 years as UGAs offensive quality control analyst. I'm not sure what that position even does. Was just curious how it will affect the Dawgs.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not talking about Kirby. Jay Johnson spent the last 2 years as UGAs offensive quality control analyst. I'm not sure what that position even does. Was just curious how it will affect the Dawgs.

He was good at his job, but I have faith in Kirby to find a good replacement, and Chaney has been in the game long enough to have my trust too. Never like losing good assistants, but it's part of being a successful program.

A

Autzen_Rocks

3. PAC fans, can a solid staff get Colorado over the hump in the conference hierachy?

Johnson has called plays for a total of six seasons - five for the Louisiana-Lafayette and one for the Minnesota Golden Gophers. The Gophers moved up 43 spots in total offense under his guidance, while ULL enjoyed their best offensive season in program history his final year in Lafayette. He also coached under mastermind Kirby Smart at Georgia, which is where he built a relationship with Tucker. Johnson is a guy who’s been there, done that, and seen it all, which should help in preparing a younger Buffs offense.

The Buffs should have gotten a younger guy with more energy.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really hated when kirby took Tucker away. Heard nothing but good things when he was in t town