• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Detroit re-sign Goff this offseason or wait till after next season?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of first rounders on that side of the ball, but most of those guys are pretty average.
I suppose we will find out. Most of them have been missed used and played away from their strengths.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Almost every QB contract you overpay for the performance you get but that's the market of supply and demand and the Lions have no choice but to roll with it.

At least the Lions were smart about it and constructed the team to minimize Goff's weakness against pressure by giving him a monstrous offensive line to play behind.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not sold.
He has a half of a year of good football.
& now they all have film on him.

Not saying he wont end up the way you are thinking. Just. I am not sold on that yet.

Need to see more of him and I can see why he's hyped since the 2nd half was really good for him but I thought against the 9ers in the 2nd half he was pretty mediocre as he did very little, especially down the stretch of that game.

So I need him to prove that he's not going to be another guy who'll put up MVP numbers during the season but disappear against great teams in the playoffs.

With that said if you're the Packers you have little choice but to pay him. You have no one behind him and it's far easier to forgive and fix signing a guy and being wrong than letting him walk out the door and watching him have a HOF career somewhere else for 10+ years. A Brock Purdy situation where you draft a guy that makes everyone forget how badly you messed up with your other moves are extremely rare.