• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Detroit re-sign Goff this offseason or wait till after next season?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I do, because it’s easy to pick apart your lame critique with Lamar. :noidea:

Admit it, you didn’t watch Goff much at all this year.

Lamar not having playoff success doesn’t make Goff a good QB. Lol. Goff cannot escape the pocket when it breaks down either.

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. Flacco too. But y’all don’t have those defenses yet. Goff could win a Super Bowl with a great defense. I already saw what he can do in the Super Bowl. We all did

:drool:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are adorable. I’ve watched Goff much much more than you and for many years.

Hey I’ll be here when he lays another stinker. Good news is our secondary wasn’t good and then you get Philly/Bucs winner. San Fran will bury Goff
How much have you watched him this season, just curious?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar not having playoff success doesn’t make Goff a good QB. Lol. Goff cannot escape the pocket when it breaks down either.

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. Flacco too. But y’all don’t have those defenses yet. Goff could win a Super Bowl with a great defense. I already saw what he can do in the Super Bowl. We all did

:drool:

Goff not having great playoff stats doesn’t make him a bad or even average QB either. Lamar proves that true.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Please resign Goff and reload at Oline. Let those solid Olineman go and see what happens

That’s not a bad deal for a top 10 QB. It’s actually quite cap friendly. $42 million per year will give them a lot of cap flexibility.

That would make him the #9 highest paid QB, and certainly out of the top 10 paid QB’s within a year or two.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much have you watched him this season, just curious?

Last night. Ravens game. Lol
Vikings last game. Bears and a few others

Same ole Jared. You been watching his whole career?

No

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not a bad deal for a top 10 QB. It’s actually quite cap friendly. $42 million per year will give them a lot of cap flexibility.
do it jewish GIF

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff not having great playoff stats doesn’t make him a bad or even average QB either. Lamar proves that true.

He threw 1 TD in 3 playoff games. Lol

He didn’t do anything but manage the game and that’s not all bad. Just not gonna win you a superbowl

Stafford did and we know the rest

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night. Ravens game. Lol
Vikings last game. Bears and a few others

Same ole Jared. You been watching his whole career?

No

Well, I guess we’ll just have to disagree. I haven’t heard anyone as negative as you on Goff. Although maybe I just view him too highly.

Thanks for the discussion. It’s nice when an argument doesn’t turn to cheap shots. I’m enjoying it!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you resign Goff now for something like 3 years $150 million dollar range with the 3rd year being back loaded with an out. In the meantime, they need to draft a developmental QB (I don’t know the depth chart well, maybe the Lions already in the process of developing that guy). You can even give the agent a win and pump the totals up with a 4th year. The important thing is the structure that allows them to revisit this in 2 years with an out.

Doubtful Goff takes that deal. They drafted a lefty out of Tennessee in the 3rd last year. Sitting and watching which is perfect for any incoming QB.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw 1 TD in 3 playoff games. Lol

He didn’t do anything but manage the game and that’s not all bad. Just not gonna win you a superbowl

Stafford did and we know the rest

I love Stafford! I think Goff is probably on his level right now without all the injuries and high paycheck. Goff’s numbers are amazing, so that’s why I think he is far better than the year #2 stats (a 3 game playoff stretch) you’re using against him

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess we’ll just have to disagree. I haven’t heard anyone as negative as you on Goff. Although maybe I just view him too highly.

Thanks for the discussion. It’s nice when an argument doesn’t turn to cheap shots. I’m enjoying it!

My neighbor is a Lions fan. Cousin in Michigan a Lions fan and was there last night. Another friend/vendor of my business Lions fan.

They all know Goff can Goff. But it’s ok you drank all the koolaid you want

I’ll be here when it happens again. But you should win the next game and that’s fun for Detroit

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won’t get him for that.
I’m doing 3 years at 150 or 4 years at 200. The out going into year 3 is non negotiable for me.

What do you think he’ll get? I see him slotted at like a 40-44 million ATV.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his offensive line keeps him from getting pressured. Goff cannot extend plays or create on the fly.
I disagree. He has done it on more than a few occasions this season. I’ve watched him play every game since moving to Detroit. He’s not that bad. He can extend plays, although he isn’t going to have many rushing yards. :nono:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My neighbor is a Lions fan. Cousin in Michigan a Lions fan and was there last night. Another friend/vendor of my business Lions fan.

They all know Goff can Goff. But it’s ok you drank all the koolaid you want

I’ll be here when it happens again. But you should win the next game and that’s fun for Detroit
Can we stop with “my neighbor is a Lion’s fan” analogies? :pound:

Just look at stats, maybe? Everything you state is either 5 year old stats or your friends opinions.

You really are bitter about a guy you don’t even watch anymore.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, if that is your measurement for great QB’s than Lamar is out. I think it’s a poor measurement myself, as I think Lamar is great.

Lamar and Goff are polar opposites athletically. Lamar excels at extending plays and pressuring the defense with his elusiveness and running ability. They could not be more different as QBs.

Context seems to be lost on you for some reason.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful Goff takes that deal. They drafted a lefty out of Tennessee in the 3rd last year. Sitting and watching which is perfect for any incoming QB.
That’s right. They drafted Hendon Hooker. I think that kid has promise. All the more reason for me to build myself a decision to be made before the third year of the deal.

Let’s see how the Lions season finishes here as well. Does it end because some limitation gets exposed? Is it Goff? Is it another piece of the team that is expensive to address? I think they owe it to themselves to continue to work on developing Hooker. The rookie QB deal is a cheat code for roster maximization. I don’t know that Goff is a QB worthy of a level of commitment where you make that more difficult to employ.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar and Goff are polar opposites athletically. Lamar excels at extending plays and pressuring the defense with his elusiveness and running ability. They could not be more different as QBs.

Context seems to be lost on you for some reason.

Please look back at that discussion if you really want to join this discussion. I’m not comparing them as QB’s. I’m talking about his argument that short term playoff results determine the greatness of a QB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. He has done it on more than a few occasions this season. I’ve watched him play every game since moving to Detroit. He’s not that bad. He can extend plays, although he isn’t going to have many rushing yards. :nono:

Rams managed 5 pressures yesterday. Goff gained zero yards on those plays. Without that line, Goff is toast.

Rams fans have seen just as much of Goff, and in higher pressure games. He was awful as a rookie, McVay then corrected his course but he can't handle pressure whatsoever.