• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Sharks / Ducks 12.22.14

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks vs. Ducks

Side note: Anyone else notice that Jamie Baker is kinda terrible at Drew's old job?

It's like they went out of their way to find a replacement commentator who's most marketable talent is finding creative ways to not hold the Sharks accountable for their bad plays.

Last game was the first time I'd heard the phrase "puck luck" in reference to explaining how a puck got past Niemi. Drew would at least call out the guy who wasn't doing his job but with Jamie he's always blaming the cosmic forces of luck.

2013_bsl_SciFiQuotes_01.jpg

Jamie, you've been playing hockey long enough to know that you make your own luck by putting yourself in a good position to capitalize on a good bounce and when the Sharks get scored on because someone missed their assignment, it's not bad luck. It's consequence.

As I write this it's 0-1 Anaheim @ 12:07 in the 2nd on a goal Jamie also called bad luck.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks vs. Ducks

Side note: Anyone else notice that Jamie Baker is kinda terrible at Drew's old job?

It's like they went out of their way to find a replacement commentator who's most marketable talent is finding creative ways to not hold the Sharks accountable for their bad plays.

Last game was the first time I'd heard the phrase "puck luck" in reference to explaining how a puck got past Niemi. Drew would at least call out the guy who wasn't doing his job but with Jamie he's always blaming the cosmic forces of luck.

2013_bsl_SciFiQuotes_01.jpg

Jamie, you've been playing hockey long enough to know that you make your own luck by putting yourself in a good position to capitalize on a good bounce and when the Sharks get scored on because someone missed their assignment, it's not bad luck. It's consequence.

As I write this it's 0-1 Anaheim @ 12:07 in the 2nd on a goal Jamie also called bad luck.

He is terrible and bland. Not for tv, ok for radio. So was it bad luck too on the Fowler goal when Marleau left his man? My son stumbled into Drew last week at the Oilers game. Took a nice pic with him. I miss Drew on the broadcast. Randy just isn't quite the same without the other hobbit anymore.

P.S. 3rd line looks pretty good now. Can we just ditch Kennedy when he gets healthy. Give him a ham sandwich and road map like Adam Burrish.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, Baker just talks too much too.
I agree about dumping Burish and Kennedy if they can. The young guys have come up and played well, very nice to see.
Any news on when Raffi could be back? Shit, they could end up w 3 solid lines!
Read an article on how Wilson now may be able to make a move or 2 at the deadline. A top 4 D-Man would be great.