• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Senior Bowl Game Thread....

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well just isn't good enough. The fact is, with OBJ, Maclin, and maybe still adding Matthews, we would be awesome @ WR. Before you comment on how unlikely it would have been to still get Mathews - you never know. All I do know is that OBJ would have meant much more success for us than Marcus smith did.

Duke, I'm with you pal - Beckham was my favorite guy in the draft last year - I cringed when he went off the board. Howie thought that at least one of his 6 or 7 targets would fall into his lap at 22 and when that didn't work, he panicked. That's on Howie - he was calling the shots and he blew an opportunity to secure someone they were targeting. They had an opportunity w/ Tennesee, but didn't want to pull the trigger. I think what we would have had to give up to get Beckham, we wouldn't have had the ammo to get Matthews, unless we were willing to part with this year 1st rounder to re-acquire the 2nd we would have likely had to give up to get into a spot to get Matthews.

The irony is we traded with Tennessee anyway to move up to get Matthews - I wonder if they're were any discussions the night before about moving up to get that 11th pick.