• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seguin sent packing

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Seguin trade is understandable?and risky for Bruins - NHL - Sporting News

Looks like the B's got sick of Seguin being a party whore non stop. I can understand the B's brass thinking that way but fuck...He is 21 yrs old

If he is indeed just a party whore he will crash and the Bruins will look like prophets but if he gets his head on right and lights it up in Dallas the Bruins will look like idiots.

Not really sure how I feel on this one. I loved the prospect of him becoming a huge player. His playoffs was a let down although I still dont think he played all that bad.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruins fleeced the Stars imo

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I understand he had a tough playoff run and some off ice activity might not be to his liking, but I don't think the Bruins should've dealt him like that. I would've given him another season to prove himself, and take it from there. But who knows, maybe this will work out for the B's in the long term, I still would've given him another shot. Imagine if the Blackhawks traded Patrick Kane for his off ice activity last year.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruins fleeced the Stars imo

It's possible, I think it depends on whether or not Seguin could bounce back or not. Maybe it favors the Bruins in the long run, who knows? I personally would've given him another chance to prove himself tho.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good trade for both teams
all depends on the young dman the Bruins got Morrow

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible, I think it depends on whether or not Seguin could bounce back or not. Maybe it favors the Bruins in the long run, who knows? I personally would've given him another chance to prove himself tho.

I hear that.

I hated it when I heard it. Now though it is done so we have to move on.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seguin was always going to have Bergeron and Krejci above him on the depth chart. He wasn't going to get a big role in his natural position. It's a big win for Boston because they get a top 6 winger and two prospects with high potential. On the flip side, you could make an argument that it helps both Boston and Dallas. Boston needed a winger and Dallas needed a #1 center for Benn. I just think Boston got more value in the prospects coming back.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ I hope your are right and I am just too attached to my team.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobee

Get some more of the Bruins fans from ESPN to come join. You must know most of them. Be really cool to get this forum active.

I can count on one hand all of the Bruins fans at the Hoop. We never use this forum. I would love too.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobee

Get some more of the Bruins fans from ESPN to come join. You must know most of them. Be really cool to get this forum active.

I can count on one hand all of the Bruins fans at the Hoop. We never use this forum. I would love too.

I'll do my best man.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offhand I'd say we should have gotten multiple draft choices for Seguin,
but the guy we got for him is only 27, and his career numbers look better than his
last season numbers.

Trading for someone who had an uncharacteristically bad season can work
out rather well. Cross your fingers on this deal.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offhand I'd say we should have gotten multiple draft choices for Seguin,
but the guy we got for him is only 27, and his career numbers look better than his
last season numbers.

Trading for someone who had an uncharacteristically bad season can work
out rather well. Cross your fingers on this deal.

Word.

I am torn big time on this one. I saw greatness at times in Seguin. Then I would see him take a game off.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We basically got an all star winger for a 3rd shift or 3rd tier center and a defense-men with a lot of upside. I think it's a solid deal for the Bs

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello fellow B's fan,

Long time user of the cesspool, troll-ridden site called ESPN. I came over here to check it out since they will be shutting down over there on July 17. Been a B's fan since I was an infant ... which equates to decades of loyal fanhood. :)

I, too, had high hopes for Seguin, but his lackluster performance(s) since his rookie season in 2011 has left me wondering WTF is wrong with this kid. I feel he had instant, early success (winning the Cup in 2011) and let it go to his head ... especially after getting that fat 6 year contract. Needless to say, he certainly has NOT lived up to paying him 5.75 million a year. One playoff goal in 22 games (w/9 helpers)??? Really? The kid just didnt seem to play with a whole lot of "heart". He seemed more concerned with partying and looking pretty, instead of playing tough, hard-nosed B's hockey. Yes, he's only 21 ... still a youngin, but 5.75 mil per year??? He just didnt seem to fit into the B's system and not he'll get a shot at playing his natural center position in the much wider-open Western Conf where he will probably flourish if he gets serious.

This Sequin/Peverly move was simply done to create cap space. 9 mil tied up in 2 players that have not delivered is probably a smart move since the B's are already cap-strapped, big time, with players like Rask and Bergy still to re-sign. Couple that with the loss of Horty and we have some holes to fill. I'm liking PC's early aggression at attacking the FA market and making some moves.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello fellow B's fan,

Long time user of the cesspool, troll-ridden site called ESPN. I came over here to check it out since they will be shutting down over there on July 17. Been a B's fan since I was an infant ... which equates to decades of loyal fanhood. :)

I, too, had high hopes for Seguin, but his lackluster performance(s) since his rookie season in 2011 has left me wondering WTF is wrong with this kid. I feel he had instant, early success (winning the Cup in 2011) and let it go to his head ... especially after getting that fat 6 year contract. Needless to say, he certainly has NOT lived up to paying him 5.75 million a year. One playoff goal in 22 games (w/9 helpers)??? Really? The kid just didnt seem to play with a whole lot of "heart". He seemed more concerned with partying and looking pretty, instead of playing tough, hard-nosed B's hockey. Yes, he's only 21 ... still a youngin, but 5.75 mil per year??? He just didnt seem to fit into the B's system and not he'll get a shot at playing his natural center position in the much wider-open Western Conf where he will probably flourish if he gets serious.

This Sequin/Peverly move was simply done to create cap space. 9 mil tied up in 2 players that have not delivered is probably a smart move since the B's are already cap-strapped, big time, with players like Rask and Bergy still to re-sign. Couple that with the loss of Horty and we have some holes to fill. I'm liking PC's early aggression at attacking the FA market and making some moves.

The Peverly deal IMO is not a big loss Seguin could come back to bite us. I have to question and wonder if the Bs hurried him. Seguin might have benefited from a year or two in the minors. He is good now and has yet to peak I just wonder if the Bs may have screwed the pooch in him.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a surprise we ship away another one of our stars. first thorton, then kessel, now seguin. watch him score 40 goals a season for a decade. whose next? my money is on krug being a penguin next year.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than cap space,I can not see why the Bruins would let a 21 year old 1st round pick go.
IMO giving him another year to redeem himself,wouldn't have been a bad move.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was and still is ALL about cap space. We got a decent return in the deal. Our main focus is freeing up $$$ to sign the REAL stars on this team ... Bergy and Rask ... not a wannabe with upside that doesn't fit the system and has been overpaid. Sure, it would have been nice to keep Sequin, but he was just too expensive and we needed the $$$ elsewhere to re-sign proven performers.