• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"SEC WEST, greatest division in cfb history"

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ... two things have changed as a result of the playoffs.

The polls will go back to being an opinion rather an undisputed fact.

And going forward, the NC will be won on the field.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even remotely close to invalidated. The popularity contest is over. The new format has taken away the bowl by poll scenerio. Whether Oklahoma state lost to LSU is moot. They deserved to be there they had a questionable loss on a field goal that could have gone either way and a conference championship. You can speculate, deflect or run a loop to try to disprove the theory. I would be willing to bet you're not going to see a dominant conference again just dominant teams.But the validation is in the results. Actions speak far more volume than words.

I don't have a problem with saying Oklahoma St deserved a chance. You guys act like the SEC had to be forced into the playoffs or something when it's actually the exact opposite as the SEC had to pull the rest of college football by the hair to make it happen.

But you act like a few games somehow makes it certain that Oklahoma St would have won. It's dumb.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be going off conference logic

Well look at who was played and won etc.

Utah beat a MWC Colorado St team that lost their head coach.

Arizona St beat Duke.

USC squeaked by a Nebraska team that also lost their head coach.

Stanford beat Maryland.

Oregon beat FSU and UCLA beat Kansas St are pretty good wins.

It's better than losing them all, but it's hardly some kind of statement.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with saying Oklahoma St deserved a chance. You guys act like the SEC had to be forced into the playoffs or something when it's actually the exact opposite as the SEC had to pull the rest of college football by the hair to make it happen.

But you act like a few games somehow makes it certain that Oklahoma St would have won. It's dumb.

Never said they were forced into the playoffs. I said the playoffs have shown a lot. SC has also been playing through scholarship sanctions leaving them very short manned. But they still made a statement vs Nebraska. After this season the sanctions end and they have a very young core with experience and returning starters at key positions. Usc's biggest issue this season was depth because if the sanctions which wore on them. You will see a much stronger SC team in 2015.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said they were forced into the playoffs. I said the playoffs have shown a lot. SC has also been playing through scholarship sanctions leaving them very short manned. But they still made a statement vs Nebraska. After this season the sanctions end and they have a very young core with experience and returning starters at key positions. Usc's biggest issue this season was depth because if the sanctions which wore on them. You will see a much stronger SC team in 2015.

The only thing the playoffs are showing is what you want to see. It's 1 years results.

If next year the top2 teams win and meet each other in the final does that suddenly mean the BCS was right all along?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing the playoffs are showing is what you want to see. It's 1 years results.

If next year the top2 teams win and meet each other in the final does that suddenly mean the BCS was right all along?

It's showing parody that's not something to take lightly

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
parity

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's not new, it's the reason why we have a playoff now.

The parody is a result of the bowl system which is new. It prevents the poll bowls which gave us rematches rather than the two best teams :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The parody is a result of the bowl system which is new. It prevents the poll bowls which gave us rematches rather than the two best teams :L

So, who should Arizona have played in the Pac12 conference championship instead of Oregon?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who should Arizona have played in the Pac12 conference championship instead of Oregon?

CCG and NCG are two different animals. You know this you're grasping at straws.If zonal won the PAC championship Oregon is out of the CFP and NCG

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CCG and NCG are two different animals. You know this you're grasping at straws.If zonal won the PAC championship Oregon is out of the CFP and NCG

Actually, I'm pointing out that circumstances and context are more important than rematch or not. Something many of you want to ignore when it suits you.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I'm pointing out that circumstances and context are more important than rematch or not. Something many of you want to ignore when it suits you.

And the circumstances are different on a very definitive level. You're deflecting by utilizing a comparison of two situations with a minor underlying similarity while omitting key factors and variables such as scale, necessity and outside influences. There was no bias in the PAC CCG it was systematically correct. It was directly based on logic and devoid of human influence. Furthermore it does not hold direct bearing on deciding a national championship. Your comparison contains massive flaws and lacks logical reasoning. Guess we shall agree to disagree

Last edited by a moderator:

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how many SEC West teams ranked to start 2015?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably all but Anm n arkansas

Lmao if you think Arkansas isn't going to start ranked. You forget the power of team sec and ESecPN