• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks trade Christine Michael to Cowboys for conditional pick

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Mirer
Kelly Stouffer
Dan McGwire
Koren Robinson
Jeremy Stevens (local hero/UW Husky)
Brian Bosworth 1/28 chance in Supplemental Draft
The Nordstroms selling the team to Ken 'Bowling Ball' Behring
Aaron Curry
Steve Hutchison getting away to the Vikings
Percy Harvin

The Hawks have made their fair share of dumb moves over the years.

We'll the same org ended up trading Rick Mirer to the Bears for a 1st rounder, which the Hawks used to move up and draft Shawn Springs so that worked out ok... Koren, wasn't a bad pick at the time... Who knew he would become an alcoholic during his rookie season... Not really going to hang that onto the org but their QB selections were head scratchers...

One thing I like about our current regime is that when they make a mistake, they move on and try something else instead of hanging onto their mistake for dear life hoping he get's on track (Percy Harvin, Christine Michaels are a few examples)

And it turns out the 2009 draft gave the NFL a bunch of lousy talent in the 1st round... Aaron Curry was one of many... 2009 NFL draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Too be honest, if that's all we messed up, that's not a bad track record...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's day and age, you never know when you're window is going to close... Look how fast the 49ers window closed when it looked like they were poised for a few more runs going into the '14 season... Our window is now, so Fred Jackson helps us a lot more now that C. Michaels would have...

With the Hawks OL being less than impressive this preseason, a blocking back was necessary... Our weakness, with Turbin out was pass blocking and receiving from our current RB's, this is why Jackson was brought in... He excells at both of those things, where as, C.Michaels was not as good... Out of 84 block attempts last year for F.Jackson, he allowed 0 sacks, 6 QB pressures and 5 QB knockdowns... I'd take that any day from a RB... So from that standpoint, he has still proven than he can be excellent at pass blocking, which is a big need for the Hawks atm... He also hauled in 66 receptions...

We were in need of a 3rd down back that can block and catch and we got one...Our window is now, so it made too much sense to replace CM with FJ...
I hear you. Another thing I have noticed about Russell Wilson is he is much better passing out of the pocket than in it. Do you think Fred Jackson will be able to keep up with Wilson. On paper it looks great, but there are still quite a few question marks for me.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turned out to be in the Seahawks favor because we got him back for free... :dhd: