• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scheduling for the CFP.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana plays FIU, Western Illinois and Charlotte.
Ohio State plays Akron, Western Michigan and Marshall.
Im not sure why we are using Indiana as a comparison. Sure they are in the B1G but thats like comparing a lower tier team than Ole Miss is supposed to be. These teams also both play 9 conference games. Ole Miss isnt the only SEC team playing weak non conference schedule. Missouri? Tennessee?

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1) Why is playing Western Illinois, by itself, embarrassing? I'm not saying Indiana's schedule isn't easy but a schedule is not made up of ONE game.
#2) How about ND schedule which includes ZERO top 10 teams but does include #95 UVa, #101 Navy, #102 Northern Illinois, and #106 Stanford? Is that embarrassing?
ND played 5 ranked opponents last year. I am sure nobody had that on the prediction card. They likely open the season vs a ranked Texas A&M team. How do i know this? Texas A&M is gifted a ranking every year. In 2022 coming off of a 7 loss season they would in 2023 yes be ranked again. They lost to every ranked team they played in 2023 but yes again SEC BIAS will have them yet again undeservedly ranked again.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure why we are using Indiana as a comparison. Sure they are in the B1G but thats like comparing a lower tier team than Ole Miss is supposed to be. These teams also both play 9 conference games.
I included Indiana because someone pointed to them as playing an "easy" OOC schedule.

You are doing it again. Why look at 4 games instead of 12 games? That's why I posted the 12 schedules of all of the teams mentioned so far. If you look at the entire schedules of the first 4 teams and Indiana, you will see:
Top 10 opponents: OSU 2, Ole Miss 2, Oregon 1, Indiana 1, ND 0.
Top 25 opponents: OSU 3, Oregon 3, Ole Miss 3, ND 3, Indiana 3.
Top 50 opponents: Oregon 8, Ole Miss 5, Indiana 5, OSU 4, ND 4.
Top 1/2 of FBS: Oregon 8, Ole Miss 8, OSU 5, ND 5, Indiana 5.

How is Ole Miss's schedule "easier" than the others?

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss isnt the only SEC team playing weak non conference schedule. Missouri? Tennessee?
If we look at Missouri's and Tennessee's ENTIRE schedule we see
1715865326616.png

Top 10 opponents: OSU 2, Ole Miss 2, Tenn 2, Oregon 1, Mizzou 1, Indiana 1, ND 0.
Top 25 opponents: OSU 3, Oregon 3, Ole Miss 3, Tenn 3, Mizzou 3, ND 3, Indiana 3.
Top 50 opponents: Oregon 8, Tenn 6, Ole Miss 5, Indiana 5, OSU 4, Mizzou 4, ND 4.
Top 1/2 of FBS: Oregon 8, Ole Miss 8, Tenn 8, Mizzou 7, OSU 5, ND 5, Indiana 5.

The top part of Mizzou's and Tenn's schedule look at least as good as the others' schedules but the bottom 4 and 5 games are dreadful.
Mizzou plays: #84 BC, #116 Buffalo, #119 Vandy, #132 UMass, and FCS Murrray State.
Tennessee Plays: #119 Vandy, #121 UTEP, #127 Kent State, and FCS Tenn- Chat.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the FCS opponent that Oregon is playing is likely better than Akron. What's the point? Playing the worst G5 teams in the country is no better than playing FCS. Particularly the better teams in FCS.

What's my point? Ohio State doesn't play a cupcake FCS team. You couldn't figure that out on your own?

I wish all FBS teams would stop playing FCS teams. So don't think I'm just singling your team out.

What I found funny and made me respond in the first place was you mentioned Ohio State's OOC schedule. That's the only reason I mentioned Oregon.

You can't be calling out other teams OCC schedules, think you mentioned IU's also, when neither team plays an FCS team and your team does.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's my point? Ohio State doesn't play a cupcake FCS team. You couldn't figure that out on your own?

I wish all FBS teams would stop playing FCS teams. So don't think I'm just singling your team out.

What I found funny and made me respond in the first place was you mentioned Ohio State's OOC schedule. That's the only reason I mentioned Oregon.

You can't be calling out other teams OCC schedules, think you mentioned IU's also, when neither team plays an FCS team and your team does.

For the 2nd time, IU plays an FCS team

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we look at Missouri's and Tennessee's ENTIRE schedule we see
View attachment 362276

Top 10 opponents: OSU 2, Ole Miss 2, Tenn 2, Oregon 1, Mizzou 1, Indiana 1, ND 0.
Top 25 opponents: OSU 3, Oregon 3, Ole Miss 3, Tenn 3, Mizzou 3, ND 3, Indiana 3.
Top 50 opponents: Oregon 8, Tenn 6, Ole Miss 5, Indiana 5, OSU 4, Mizzou 4, ND 4.
Top 1/2 of FBS: Oregon 8, Ole Miss 8, Tenn 8, Mizzou 7, OSU 5, ND 5, Indiana 5.

The top part of Mizzou's and Tenn's schedule look at least as good as the others' schedules but the bottom 4 and 5 games are dreadful.
Mizzou plays: #84 BC, #116 Buffalo, #119 Vandy, #132 UMass, and FCS Murrray State.
Tennessee Plays: #119 Vandy, #121 UTEP, #127 Kent State, and FCS Tenn- Chat.
It seems to be cherry picking at its finest. is there a reason you chose Indiana to compare and not Michigan? Them playing Texas doesnt fit the narrative so avoid bringing them into discussion? They play both Oregon and Ohio st likely 2 top 5 teams. and USC top 15.

Playing A&M, arkansas, south carolina, auburn, miss st, boston college, vanderbilt, Umass, Murray st. Thats 9 games that any top 15 team would be licking their chops to play.

When we get closer to the season someone is going to make a easiest schedule ranking.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to be cherry picking at its finest. is there a reason you chose Indiana to compare and not Michigan? Them playing Texas doesnt fit the narrative so avoid bringing them into discussion? They play both Oregon and Ohio st likely 2 top 5 teams. and USC top 15.

Playing A&M, arkansas, south carolina, auburn, miss st, boston college, vanderbilt, Umass, Murray st. Thats 9 games that any top 15 team would be licking their chops to play.

When we get closer to the season someone is going to make a easiest schedule ranking.
No, you're not paying attention (as usual). It all started with YOU (a fan of USC) posting Ole Miss's OOC schedule (post #21). When no one replied, you then add the comment "weakest non conference schedule?" (post #22).
Then Duckboy33 replied with other "weak" OOC schedules (post #23)
"Indiana plays FIU, Western Illinois and Charlotte.
Ohio State plays Akron, Western Michigan and Marshall." SEE Indiana and OSU mentioned.
Then WAMU brought in Oregon. (Post #27)
Duckboy33 brought up Florida (post#29)
ericd7633 commented on Indiana's scheduling FCS team Western Illinois (post#30)
I responded by bringing up Notre Dame's schedule. (post #34)
See there is no cherry picking or leaving anyone out! It's just that no one mentioned Michigan (until now).

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for trojanfight!

1715905719809.png

Top 10 opponents: Florida 4, USC 3, UM 3, OSU 2, Ole Miss 2, Tenn 2, Oregon 1, Mizzou 1, Indiana 1, ND 0.
Top 25 opponents: Florida 8, USC 5, UM 4, OSU 3, Oregon 3, Ole Miss 3, Tenn 3, Mizzou 3, ND 3, Indiana 3.
Top 50 opponents: Florida 10, USC 8, Oregon 8, Tenn 6, UM 6, Ole Miss 5, Indiana 5, OSU 4, Mizzou 4, ND 4.
Top 1/2 of FBS: Florida 11, USC 9, Oregon 8, Ole Miss 8, Tenn 8, UM 7, Mizzou 7, OSU 5, ND 5, Indiana 5.

Are you happy now?

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're not paying attention (as usual). It all started with YOU (a fan of USC) posting Ole Miss's OOC schedule (post #21). When no one replied, you then add the comment "weakest non conference schedule?" (post #22).
Then Duckboy33 replied with other "weak" OOC schedules (post #23)
"Indiana plays FIU, Western Illinois and Charlotte.
Ohio State plays Akron, Western Michigan and Marshall." SEE Indiana and OSU mentioned.
Then WAMU brought in Oregon. (Post #27)
Duckboy33 brought up Florida (post#29)
ericd7633 commented on Indiana's scheduling FCS team Western Illinois (post#30)
I responded by bringing up Notre Dame's schedule. (post #34)
See there is no cherry picking or leaving anyone out! It's just that no one mentioned Michigan (until now).
When no one replied? i posted that comment back to back directly after the picture. nice try though. all these big ten teams you are referencing play 9 conference games something the sec refuses to do. missouri plays 4 teams that are by your own rankings 100th or worse. thats why theres so many fans of other teams that want to see SEC go to 9 is majority of the SEC uses it to schedule 4 cupcakes. The good news is the SEC likely isnt going 7-9 again vs other conferences because of weaker scheduling.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When no one replied? i posted that comment back to back directly after the picture. nice try though. all these big ten teams you are referencing play 9 conference games something the sec refuses to do. missouri plays 4 teams that are by your own rankings 100th or worse. thats why theres so many fans of other teams that want to see SEC go to 9 is majority of the SEC uses it to schedule 4 cupcakes. The good news is the SEC likely isnt going 7-9 again vs other conferences because of weaker scheduling.
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!! Same old crap!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 2nd time, IU plays an FCS team

My bad. Must have missed your comment on that. Thanks for the correction.

The only reason I said something is he mentioned Ohio State who doesn't play an FCS team. But Oregon does. Should have left that IU thing outta my comment and just mentioned the Buckeyes.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see what your hangup is about FCS teams. You say that OSU doesn't play a "cupcake" FCS team, but they play NINE teams that Massey Computer says OSU has a GREATER than 95% change of beating!
Here are the odds of winning for OSU schedule: W Michigan 100 %, Akron 100 %, Marshall 99 %, Nebraska 98 %, Indiana 97 %, Michigan St 95 %, Iowa 95 %, Purdue 95 %, Penn St 55 %, Michigan 52 %, Oregon 50 %. How can replacing W Michigan, Akron, or Marshall with an FCS opponent SIGNIFICANTLY alter OSU chances of winning?

I keep saying STOP looking at the bottom of any schedule - the STRENGTH of schedule is at the top!

BTW both Indiana and Illinois play FCS teams (but who cares?).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see what your hangup is about FCS teams. You say that OSU doesn't play a "cupcake" FCS team, but they play NINE teams that Massey Computer says OSU has a GREATER than 95% change of beating!
Here are the odds of winning for OSU schedule: W Michigan 100 %, Akron 100 %, Marshall 99 %, Nebraska 98 %, Indiana 97 %, Michigan St 95 %, Iowa 95 %, Purdue 95 %, Penn St 55 %, Michigan 52 %, Oregon 50 %. How can replacing W Michigan, Akron, or Marshall with an FCS opponent SIGNIFICANTLY alter OSU chances of winning?

I keep saying STOP looking at the bottom of any schedule - the STRENGTH of schedule is at the top!

BTW both Indiana and Illinois play FCS teams (but who cares?). <--

Not sure how many times I have to say I don't like it when any FBS teams play FCS teams. No reason for it. Plenty of cupcakes in the FBS, like my Akron Zips.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your hangup with playing an FCS team is weird. A lot of FCS teams are better than G5 cupcakes. Bragging about not scheduling FCS cupcakes while having an OOC of Akron, Western Michigan and Marshall is laughable. I get that the UW series got cancelled and that's why Ohio State has this OOC schedule.

FWIW Idaho beat Nevada (MWC) 33-6 last year and played a competitive game at Cal. Are they a cupcake for Oregon? Sure but no more than Western Michigan or Akron. The midwest has a lot of G5 options with the MAC in their backyard (although the MAC is closer to FCS level of play) and the PNW doesn't have many G5 options. Boise State is really the only one.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your hangup with playing an FCS team is weird. A lot of FCS teams are better than G5 cupcakes. Bragging about not scheduling FCS cupcakes while having an OOC of Akron, Western Michigan and Marshall is laughable. I get that the UW series got cancelled and that's why Ohio State has this OOC schedule.

FWIW Idaho beat Nevada (MWC) 33-6 last year and played a competitive game at Cal. Are they a cupcake for Oregon? Sure but no more than Western Michigan or Akron. The midwest has a lot of G5 options with the MAC in their backyard (although the MAC is closer to FCS level of play) and the PNW doesn't have many G5 options. Boise State is really the only one.

Who's bragging? Mentioned a fact isn't bragging.

I already said this but I'll repeat it for you. Maybe this time you'll pay attention.

The only reason I mentioned Oregon is you mentioned Ohio State's OOC.

I don't like that any FBS teams play FSC teams. My comment here isn't just about the team you root for. It's about all FBS teams that choose to play cupcakes from a smaller division.

It seems you really don't understand since I've had to tell you this more than once you shouldn't be calling out any teams OCC schedule with the schedule your team has.

One more thing. It's gonna be weird as hell having former 12 Pac teams in the BigTen (conference needs a name change) this season. That's gonna take a while to get use to.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's bragging? Mentioned a fact isn't bragging.

I already said this but I'll repeat it for you. Maybe this time you'll pay attention.

The only reason I mentioned Oregon is you mentioned Ohio State's OOC.

I don't like that any FBS teams play FSC teams. My comment here isn't just about the team you root for. It's about all FBS teams that choose to play cupcakes from a smaller division.

It seems you really don't understand since I've had to tell you this more than once you shouldn't be calling out any teams OCC schedule with the schedule your team has.

One more thing. It's gonna be weird as hell having former 12 Pac teams in the BigTen (conference needs a name change) this season. That's gonna take a while to get use to.

I understand your point, it's just not a very good one. I agree on Big Ten expansion. I wish it never happened TBH.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your point, it's just not a very good one. I agree on Big Ten expansion. I wish it never happened TBH.

Not sure if you truly understand as I had to tell you the exact same thing more than once. Very odd once wasn't enough.

And of course you'd say I don't have a good point because your team plays an FCS team this season.

Oh yeah and it's funny you mentioned Akron more than once. Doesn't matter how lousy that program is. At least they aren't an FCS team.

Like I said before plenty of bad FBS teams the ranked FBS teams can play at the start of the season instead of playing an opponent outside the FBS.

Don't remember which season it was, it was recently, but Ohio State played played one of those cupcake FCS teams. And I was disgusted by it. Hope they never do that again.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Duckboy33

Forgot to mention this. The stupid conference changes.

A few months ago Bob Ryan was on PTI and had a great idea. It won't happen though.

Keep all this dumbass conference changing to football only. Leave the other sports alone.

To me it doesn't make any sense to spend the money to fly Rutgers across the country to play USC in soccer (as an example).

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Duckboy33

Forgot to mention this. The stupid conference changes.

A few months ago Bob Ryan was on PTI and had a great idea. It won't happen though.

Keep all this dumbass conference changing to football only. Leave the other sports alone.

To me it doesn't make any sense to spend the money to fly Rutgers across the country to play USC in soccer (as an example).
I bet you watched the unc/Clemson game when woody hit the Clemson player that lead to his firing,did,nt you?me,my dad and brother watched it.