• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Santana

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana has now been inactive every game. If this is going to be the case, I have to question why we kept him. Don't get me wrong, I love Santana and he has done much for this franchise during very troubling times. But we could have kept a younger player that could have helped on STs while they develop. I get that Santana is a good influence in the locker room, but it is on the field where we are losing. As poor as we are in STs, we need young, aggressive players on the roster looking to make a name for themselves any way that they can. Santana is past his prime and if not going to be used, should have been released.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of us felt the same way all offseason. I guess with a few injuries he would certainly be more valuable than something called Nick Williams. But it seems like a waste of a roster spot as well as cap space, cap space that could have been used on Mike Mitchell at safety.*

*I remain bitter they didn't make this move.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go back to earlier threads, you'll find that I suggested that he not make the team for this very reason! In fact when others argued against cutting him because he was a good locker room guy, I suggested cutting him and hiring him as a consultant to the staff. Then there were the posters who didn't want to see him cut because he's been such a good contributor in the past, but these same posters could not justify keeping the guy after noting his productivity slide in the past two years. Finally, there were the naysayer who said that, if no one beats him out then the roster spot should be his. Puzzling isn't it? Especially if you consider the job of the GM, which in part is to either acquire, or draft players who are in fact, because of prior performance or scouting........ better coming in.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no issue with keeping santana moss around in his role . we arent winning the division based on what the 6th wr can do on special teams

they may have kept him till hank is ready for all we know

we aint 1-3 because we kept moss

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana has now been inactive every game. If this is going to be the case, I have to question why we kept him. Don't get me wrong, I love Santana and he has done much for this franchise during very troubling times. But we could have kept a younger player that could have helped on STs while they develop. I get that Santana is a good influence in the locker room, but it is on the field where we are losing. As poor as we are in STs, we need young, aggressive players on the roster looking to make a name for themselves any way that they can. Santana is past his prime and if not going to be used, should have been released.

It's interesting that this is a topic because I've been thinking that exact same thing. Every game that I saw Santana, he was on the sideline in Redskins gear. I honestly don't know why we kept him, if he'd be inactive in every game. I just don't get that at all. Some of Jay Gruden's decisions have been very questionable and this is one of them. Santana is old and not really much of a play-maker anymore. With that being said, his roster spot could've been given to a younger player.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that this is a topic because I've been thinking that exact same thing. Every game that I saw Santana, he was on the sideline in Redskins gear. I honestly don't know why we kept him, if he'd be inactive in every game. I just don't get that at all. Some of Jay Gruden's decisions have been very questionable and this is one of them. Santana is old and not really much of a play-maker anymore. With that being said, his roster spot could've been given to a younger player.

This is the point. We suck at STs. STs are usually comprised of younger guys looking to make a roster and a name for themselves. These are the hungry guys that are willing to fly down the field a full speed and take on a wedge. Because we keep santana, that's one less hungry guy to make our STs better. Now if Santana is playing and contributing, I got no problem. But to keep him and make him inactive just makes no sense to me. We don't need a veteran cheerleader, we need guys that can tackle on STs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the point. We suck at STs. STs are usually comprised of younger guys looking to make a roster and a name for themselves. These are the hungry guys that are willing to fly down the field a full speed and take on a wedge. Because we keep santana, that's one less hungry guy to make our STs better. Now if Santana is playing and contributing, I got no problem. But to keep him and make him inactive just makes no sense to me. We don't need a veteran cheerleader, we need guys that can tackle on STs.

yeah sure you could have another young guy running down the field on special teams , wont argue that

wont argue too hard that santana should be gone

i have a feeling they like his leadership and they trust him in the passing game over some others