• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives

Marshawn Lynch - There is all the usual talk about Frank Gore that comes about when the Seahawks play the 9ers, but despite the success that Gore has had against Seattle, nearly all of it has happened in San Francisco. On the other hand, Lynch has had great success against the 9ers defense in CLink, averaging 105 yards rushing per game over the last 3. Beast Mode showed up last week, and had a great game despite constantly facing 8 man fronts. Witht he weather being much better this week, the 9ers aren't gonna be able to just stack the box to stop him, cause even slumping, Wilson will make them pay if they give him deep routes to throw to.

Turnovers - Seattle lead the league with a +20 turnover margin, and the last 2 games in Seattle have been decided by turnovers. Neither team can afford to turn the ball over in this game, or their chances of winning will be reduced significantly.

Colin Kaepernick - He has been playing really well of late, and I'm sure any 9ers fan who sees this will think that Kaep is being disrespected, but the simple truth of the matter is that he was concidered to be playing great going into both of his games in Seattle and he laid eggs on both occasions. There is nothing to say that he can't change his fortunes and play a good game, but until he's done it there will always be questions as to whether he can do it.

LOB - There isn't a better defensive backfield than the one patroling the passing lanes in Seattle. From top to bottom they are exceptional. Byron Maxwell has filled in very nicely for Brandon Browner, in fact, he may be playing even better than Browner was before his injury. Walter Thurmond is a top notch slot corner and everyone knows about what Richard Sherman can do. SF may have all their offensive weapons, but Seattle has their defensive weapons as well.

CenturyLink - I find it amusing to see the analysts try to downplay the home field advantage of Seattle. Yet, it has been the best HFA since CLink opened. Players still have to play, but that place can rock, and the fans take great pride in the affect they can have on a game. It will be loud, and the fans are gonna be extra hyped for the NFCCG all the more with SF coming.

Negatives

Russell Wilson - As much as it cannot be denied that Kaep has struggled in Seattle, it cannot be denied that Wilson has been struggling in general over the last 5 games. He hasn't been as sharp, and seems to have been leaving some plays in the field. He also has not had a lights out game against the 9ers defense, so coming into this game struggling will not help. Again, there is nothing to say that the trend can't be broken, but until it is, the questions remain.

KJ Wright - Wright should play, and he is an exceptional LB who has the size and speed to play TEs one on one in the passing game and the skills to be a solid run stopper. The problem with him is that he hasn't played in a while, and though that means he's rested, it also means he could be rusty. I expect him to perform, but if he performs like Bobby Wagner did when he first returned from his injury earlier this season, it may affect how the Seahawks play defense.

Offensive Line - Though they played better last week, the OLine still wasn't responsible for much of Lynch's success. I liked that Wilson seemed to be getting more time (though the Saints seemed content to play coverage against Wilson last week and send only 4 on most pass plays), but it's gonna be Lynch who gets things started this week. If the Seahawks cannot establish the run, I'm not sure the line can hold up against the 9er pass rush if they go one dimensional with the pass.

SF LB - This unit is just play scary good. Willis, Bowman, Brooks and Smith give the 9ers the most complete set of LBs in the NFL. In fact, as good as the LOB is, that's how good the SF LBs are. Lynch is gonna need the line to give him big holes, cause they will gang tackle much better than the Saints did.

Overview

With both teams winning their home games this season, this year is literally coming down to what amounts to a best of 3 with everything on the line on this one game. It should be an exceptional matchup, with both teams knowing that there is no tomorrow should they lose this game. These two teams are pretty evenly matched, they know each other very well and the Super Bowl is on the line. It's gonna be physical and it's gonna be chippy. Throughout the game, fans will be intensely rooting on their teams, as 49er fans will cry about how Seattle is cheating and getting away with it and Seahawk fans crying that the 9ers are hypocrits and whiners. It should be intense, and the team with the fewest mistakes wins. Let's play some football!!!!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting in the alley next to a fire with a coffee stout poured! Tailgating has begun. Go Hawks!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BVW38lmCYAEdYZ6.jpg

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't stay asleep for more than a couple of hours last night without waking up and I finally decided to stay awake when I woke up an hour ago. I'm ready for this game to start!

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a long week. Going to be a long day until gametime.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is me right now. I'm ready for the game to start already too. 3 pm seems so far away

tumblr_m3flxetmgE1qiz3j8o1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m3flxetmgE1qiz3j8o4_r1_250.gif

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
manpacing.gif

waitgifpagespeedceItkrQ84Tfg.gif

I go back and forth from pacing to sitting impatiently!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you guys can come and help me clean the garage if youre feeling antsy.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to sit back and enjoy the first game cause our game is going to force me to have a bowl of tums sitting right next to my beer.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you guys can come and help me clean the garage if youre feeling antsy.

haha, I'm doing the same thing. Mostly because I'm antsy.

The dreaded Seattle sports fan in me is coming out and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it if the Hawks just don't play well. With that being said, days like today are the reason I'm a sports fan.

my Father-In-Law (Bandwagon sports fan) has invited himself over, including the Mother In Law, who doesn't know the difference between baseball and football. My father in law thought the Seahawks were going to the SuperBowl regardless if they won or not last week... this is what I'll be dealing with today.

They are going to probably see a side of me they didn't know existed today.

go Hawks.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The dreaded Seattle sports fan in me is coming out and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it if the Hawks just don't play well. With that being said, days like today are the reason I'm a sports fan.

my Father-In-Law (Bandwagon sports fan) has invited himself over, including the Mother In Law, who doesn't know the difference between baseball and football. My father in law thought the Seahawks were going to the SuperBowl regardless if they won or not last week... this is what I'll be dealing with today.

go Hawks.

Damn in laws ruining everything!

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn in laws ruining everything!

I know, right.

I told my wife nobody over this weekend, I want to yell at my TV in peace. Her mom called last night and asked what they could bring over :bawling:

They thought the game was at 6:30 tonight, do you realize how close I was to not saying anything

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, right.

I told my wife nobody over this weekend, I want to yell at my TV in peace. Her mom called last night and asked what they could bring over :bawling:

They thought the game was at 6:30 tonight, do you realize how close I was to not saying anything

Hahaha that would have been classic

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

go Hawks.

Gadzooks, that is the worst. I loathe watching Seahawk's games with people who aren't into it like me. They sit there talking through plays, talking about the weather or some fuckin' retarded reality show that I could care less about, and because I try to be polite I end up missing lots of the game. It sucks.

I should have no one but devoted Hawks fans in my man cave today. I'm so bloody tense right now I've already cracked my first brewski.

Go Hawks!!!

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gadzooks, that is the worst. I loathe watching Seahawk's games with people who aren't into it like me. They sit there talking through plays, talking about the weather or some fuckin' retarded reality show that I could care less about, and because I try to be polite I end up missing lots of the game. It sucks.

I should have no one but devoted Hawks fans in my man cave today. I'm so bloody tense right now I've already cracked my first brewski.

Go Hawks!!!

Here is what I expect today

Questions from father in law

1. Are the Seachickens at home? - he still calls them the Seachickens
2. How many more games after today?
3. If they lose do they still play next week?
4. What's the name of that guy with the ball
4a He will eventually after halftime ask if the Seahawks are at home again
5. Where is the other team from?
6. Eventually, probably around the end of the 3rd quarter will pull out is Sudoku tablet and play Sudoku, every once in a while asking how a team scored.
7. this is the worse. He will ask me why the team is playing so bad or why do we keep letting them run the ball.

All of these will probably be asked during crucial times of the game

the mother in law will sit in the back of the room and talk about cooking or sewing with my wife.

Let the drinking commence.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I expect today

Questions from father in law

1. Are the Seachickens at home? - he still calls them the Seachickens
2. How many more games after today?
3. If they lose do they still play next week?
4. What's the name of that guy with the ball
4a He will eventually after halftime ask if the Seahawks are at home again
5. Where is the other team from?
6. Eventually, probably around the end of the 3rd quarter will pull out is Sudoku tablet and play Sudoku, every once in a while asking how a team scored.
7. this is the worse. He will ask me why the team is playing so bad or why do we keep letting them run the ball.

All of these will probably be asked during crucial times of the game

the mother in law will sit in the back of the room and talk about cooking or sewing with my wife.

Questions of this caliber are what I get at work from female co-workers. Keep in mind these type of questions are coming from people with MBAs and JDs.

My favorite one is "When do we know that they are playing in the Superbowl?"

I've heard that one numerous times since about week 8 from co-workers, relatives and friends.:gaah: