• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Salary Cap Increase 5-8 M Next Year

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now watch us throw a huge contract at a 32 year old "star" free agent.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know what to say to you guys . we get extra space and it should be a blessing but most dont realize that you are lucky to hit on half the FA's you sign

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know what to say to you guys . we get extra space and it should be a blessing but most dont realize that you are lucky to hit on half the FA's you sign

Dude... IM not hoping for it. But considering the state of the team... its what I expect. Danny is likely in full crisis mode and will nned quite a few off season Kudos to take away the sting of back to back double digit losing seasons yet again. With cap space and no real filter in place, I just have no faith in Danny not going name brand shopping once gain.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... IM not hoping for it. But considering the state of the team... its what I expect. Danny is likely in full crisis mode and will nned quite a few off season Kudos to take away the sting of back to back double digit losing seasons yet again. With cap space and no real filter in place, I just have no faith in Danny not going name brand shopping once gain.

so a guy in full crisis mode is not capable of changing at all . ? he will continue on the same path he has gone on with for almost 2 decades? even though we have ended up at this point

there is no possibility he wont get the next aging big name signing , draft pick etc . he will fire his new coach for yet another yes man

so what is the mantra if gruden stays ? if we pretty much do free agency like last season(exlc. DJAX)

if we hire some more scouts and more :football people ? you do understand we have a football guy behind the seens dont you ?

i see lots of speculation being treated as fact (in the end it could be all true , not true , or a mixture ) but the only thing i have seen is the owner says he is baffled by the decline of Rg3 , he has let his coach keep playing "his guy " (colt) so doesnt that count for anything ?

the biggest issue on this team is the drama . RG3 is the question every reporter is asking . it seems like before every game the team is sabotaged by some damn story . in the off season we get the name change thing , we get shanny and haslett and LBF and before that DMAC , and FAT AL

the first order of business is to get rid of the drama . get rid of the back stabbers , the dry snitchers everything . then you simply limit the media's access as much as possible . most of the media are the problem then you beef up the scouting dept. get your football guy either out of the closet or hire one and then let them do their job

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so a guy in full crisis mode is not capable of changing at all . ? he will continue on the same path he has gone on with for almost 2 decades? even though we have ended up at this point

there is no possibility he wont get the next aging big name signing , draft pick etc . he will fire his new coach for yet another yes man

so what is the mantra if gruden stays ? if we pretty much do free agency like last season(exlc. DJAX)

if we hire some more scouts and more :football people ? you do understand we have a football guy behind the seens dont you ?

i see lots of speculation being treated as fact (in the end it could be all true , not true , or a mixture ) but the only thing i have seen is the owner says he is baffled by the decline of Rg3 , he has let his coach keep playing "his guy " (colt) so doesnt that count for anything ?

the biggest issue on this team is the drama . RG3 is the question every reporter is asking . it seems like before every game the team is sabotaged by some damn story . in the off season we get the name change thing , we get shanny and haslett and LBF and before that DMAC , and FAT AL

the first order of business is to get rid of the drama . get rid of the back stabbers , the dry snitchers everything . then you simply limit the media's access as much as possible . most of the media are the problem then you beef up the scouting dept. get your football guy either out of the closet or hire one and then let them do their job

The problem with limiting media access is they will start making crap up. The solution is winning. You do need to figure out where the leaks are coming from. Unfortunately, these leaks may very well be coming from the top. I don't know how you can limit them if they are.

As far ss the mantra if Gruden stays, it is simple. He is the HC. On the field, his word is gospel. The off season belongs to the GM. The HC gives him his needs and the GM fills those needs. Our breakdown has been in both areas. The HC has been undermined continually by the FO and owner directing him what to do and who to play and the GM has been non existent in providing talent. But as we all have stated, the real problem starts at the top. It is the owners job to hire good people, set expectations for those people and infuse the overall ethic and culture of the team. Then he needs to get out of the way. Snyder has done none of these things. He hires yes men, he constantly undermines his employees, and the only culture of this team is one of watch out for yourself. Unfortunately that is a losing culture on any team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad.... IM not saying Snyder Will for sure go on a buying spree. But it wouldnt shock me. I am saying that we have more holes than we can fill in just the draft, so I expect us to be active and front runners in Free agency next off season. We tried with the second tier Diamond in the ruff approach and we are staring 3-10 in the face again. We cant trust our own scouting department, so we are likely going to have to trust the scouting department of others.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing wrong with participating in free agency. But you don't build your team via FA. You build your team via the draft and augment it with FA. If we have the money, then go ahead and pick up some talent. But have some rules. No one over 30. No one that is expecting to be paid in the top 5 of their position. No one that has a long history of injuries.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing wrong with participating in free agency. But you don't build your team via FA. You build your team via the draft and augment it with FA. If we have the money, then go ahead and pick up some talent. But have some rules. No one over 30. No one that is expecting to be paid in the top 5 of their position. No one that has a long history of injuries.

The problem is, you only ever find select types of players available in free agency.

1. Players expecting to get top flight pay at their position

2. Players over 30 STILL expecting to get paid

3. Young players with talent but injury or character concerns

4. Backups hoping to become starters else where and get paid.

Now sadly I dont think the owner or the majority of the fan base is going to settle for another 2-3 years of BAD football while we attempt to build through the draft. Especially since we have sucked at drafting players for the last 15 years. So odds are we will have to dip into the prime free agent market because simply put, our scouting department sucks, has sucked, and likely will suck again. So unless Ozi Newsome decides to bolt and bring his entire staff with him, we will either dip into free agency or fall into another year of what we have this year. Unless you really think Bruce Allen has developed an eye for talent he isnt telling any one about.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Thats why its important to have a scouting dept that can weed through all of those players and come up with an abbreviated list that you really want. For the most part, we've been taking the cast offs from other teams or the older players that are looking to get paid. We need to focus on those 26-28 year old players that are coming off of their rookie contracts and have a proven history of production in the league.

IF Allen doesn't address the scouting dept in short order after the season, I will be very disappointed. He will only succeed as a GM if he has talented scouts working for him. Right now he doesn't.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Thats why its important to have a scouting dept that can weed through all of those players and come up with an abbreviated list that you really want. For the most part, we've been taking the cast offs from other teams or the older players that are looking to get paid. We need to focus on those 26-28 year old players that are coming off of their rookie contracts and have a proven history of production in the league.

IF Allen doesn't address the scouting dept in short order after the season, I will be very disappointed. He will only succeed as a GM if he has talented scouts working for him. Right now he doesn't.

I keep reading how all we need to do is hire talented scouts... like they grow on tree's. the talented scouts have jobs. And the ones who leave those jobs do it to become GMs. Talented GMs hire talented scouts. I have almost no faith in Allen being more than a puppet and mouth piece for Snyder.

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damned if you do...damned if you don't. Honestly, any way the Skins play this upcoming offseason people will show constant hate toward the team. They go out and sign top flight but older players people will criticize the team for going after older dudes. They sign the mid tier guys and people will complain that they are scrubs. Finally, god forbid the skins hold pat and don't sign anyone in the offseason, people will flip their script and complain that the Skins did nothing in the offseason.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading how all we need to do is hire talented scouts... like they grow on tree's. the talented scouts have jobs. And the ones who leave those jobs do it to become GMs. Talented GMs hire talented scouts. I have almost no faith in Allen being more than a puppet and mouth piece for Snyder.

Yes, but can those talented gm's run a harvest feast like we do??
huh? huh? huh?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, one of the first things he can do is hire more of them. We have the smallest scouting dept in the league. Second, hire a GM or asst GM focused just on running the scouting dept. This is where a Morocco Brown should have been (who we let walk). Find the best scout out there that has no upward mobility in his current position and offer him a deal. As you point out, Dan is good at that.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The luck of having talent is not enough; one must also have a talent for luck.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, you only ever find select types of players available in free agency.

1. Players expecting to get top flight pay at their position

2. Players over 30 STILL expecting to get paid

3. Young players with talent but injury or character concerns

4. Backups hoping to become starters else where and get paid.

Now sadly I dont think the owner or the majority of the fan base is going to settle for another 2-3 years of BAD football while we attempt to build through the draft. Especially since we have sucked at drafting players for the last 15 years. So odds are we will have to dip into the prime free agent market because simply put, our scouting department sucks, has sucked, and likely will suck again. So unless Ozi Newsome decides to bolt and bring his entire staff with him, we will either dip into free agency or fall into another year of what we have this year. Unless you really think Bruce Allen has developed an eye for talent he isnt telling any one about.

i think we have some talented scouts but we need more of them . our scouting dept is among st the smallest in the NFL

as for the fan base , screw them , if you need time you make the time. i see no other choice here , none

in my mock off season thread i named guys who may come here for the right title

one thing you might want to factor in is that we will have to overpay people do to our turmoil on the team