• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sabres - Major Presser @ 10:30..

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if people understand what this means to Sabres fans. We do live and die with this team and trust me this season has been a living hell !!!!!

It's been a long time coming and I just don't know what to say but Thank You Mr Pegula, it took a while but you finally did it.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one person missing from the holy trinity ... your next Sabres GM???

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice now Pat LaFontaine had a role in Neil Smith being hired as GM by Isles (and left when Wang axed Smith after 40 days). Just throwing it out there

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice now And the head coach hired by Isles when Smith and LaFontaine joined team? Ted Nolan.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChrisBottaNHL: Ted Nolan will coach that team right out of a top-3 pick.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

on that note ... they prob shoulda just promoted Joe Sacco (yes he kept his job esls)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good, right?

No wAy they make the playoffs and if I'm a fan I'd rather just tank the whole season and get that great pick I'm not sure how people like to crawl out of the gutter just to get a mediocre pick (flames last 10 years type thing)

I know you don't want to choke as a fan but I hate middle of pack stuff

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The personnel situation with this team is so terrible that I don't think Scotty Bowman with Pat Burns as assistant could coach this team out of a top-3 pick right now.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No wAy they make the playoffs and if I'm a fan I'd rather just tank the whole season and get that great pick I'm not sure how people like to crawl out of the gutter just to get a mediocre pick (flames last 10 years type thing)

I know you don't want to choke as a fan but I hate middle of pack stuff

I'm thinking you're going to see a lot of moves designed to ensure they aren't middle of the pack.

If I'm Ryan Miller, I'm turning up the volume on my phone because I expect it's going to be ringing soon.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking you're going to see a lot of moves designed to ensure they aren't middle of the pack.

If I'm Ryan Miller, I'm turning up the volume on my phone because I expect it's going to be ringing soon.

why not keep regier to make that deal ... he has shown the ability to be a great teardown gm and has aquired some solid draft picks

who exactly is making that deal now? Lafontaine??? lot of experience making deals??? :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you're saying Matty, but the flip side is the danger of breeding a losing culture (see Edmonton) and no accountability for the young guys on your team. As Herm Edwards said in a post-game presser "You play to win the game".

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not keep regier to make that deal ... he has shown the ability to be a great teardown gm and has aquired some solid draft picks

who exactly is making that deal now? Lafontaine??? lot of experience making deals??? :noidea:

That's why I think there is going to be some delay in anything being done and rightfully so a lot of bad on that team

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Regier had the stones to move all three of Pominville, Vanek, and Miller - the entire leadership core of the team. Despite his outward dickishness, I think he feared the lynch mob of fans that were soon to be showing up outside his door.

Lafontaine (or whoever he brings in) doesn't have to worry about the negative reactions as much. Fans would be disappointed, but for a couple of years I think the fans will give them a pretty long leash while they work to mop up Regier's mess.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for Ted Nolan that he's gotten the opportunity to coach again - real good one

Sabres have a bad group of players though so I don't think you're going to see them improve very much

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you're saying Matty, but the flip side is the danger of breeding a losing culture (see Edmonton) and no accountability for the young guys on your team. As Herm Edwards said in a post-game presser "You play to win the game".

Yep but Edmonton is an anomaly of ego, arrogance and stupidity I'm not saying do it every year but man 4 wins at 20 games almost this season is done but stranger things have happened buffalo might be a good wager team for a bit

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Regier had the stones to move all three of Pominville, Vanek, and Miller - the entire leadership core of the team. Despite his outward dickishness, I think he feared the lynch mob of fans that were soon to be showing up outside his door.

Lafontaine (or whoever he brings in) doesn't have to worry about the negative reactions as much. Fans would be disappointed, but for a couple of years I think the fans will give them a pretty long leash while they work to mop up Regier's mess.

It always depends on the return I suppose

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im just looking at it from a perspective of MAXIMUM RETURN ... I dont think a rookie gm will get that since the suitors will be trying to low ball

Regier obviously didnt fear the lynch mob that much if he could trade 2/3'rds of the leadership group already

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways we have this great kid Kassian I'm sure we could work something out you've never heard of him trust me

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we'll see any moves right away. I expect they will take a step back and evaluate what they have. Someone just asked Patty about Miller and he said it's to early to make any calls right now and he hasn't had a chance to talk to Ryan yet.

One thing I like about Nolan is his teams always play hard, this half assed bullshit lack of effort game in and game out should end quick.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to agree with this.

How happy would you be as a season ticket holder if you knew that there was really no point in going to the rest of the games because your team wasn't going to be trying to win? - Hell; even the fans of the visiting team who show up, as much as they want to see their team win, are hoping for an exciting game out of it for their time & money spent.