• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban draws comparisons to smoking heaters and the HUNH

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the other game I was thinking about. You have that side of the coin and than you have LSU having to play Florida. Mizzu and A&M play. South Carolina gets Ark. Hardly fair to LSU and Florida that they have to go at it, while their division foes get traditional scrubs. Like I said it is a problem that arises in big leagues, that I do not think there is a fair solution for.

It works in Alabama's favor now but there was a time when Tenn owed that rivalry and won like 10 straight. I don't think anyone is going to call Georgia a scrub so LSU can just buck up as far as I am concerned.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It works in Alabama's favor now but there was a time when Tenn owed that rivalry and won like 10 straight. I don't think anyone is going to call Georgia a scrub so LSU can just buck up as far as I am concerned.

True. But what if Ole Miss rises? They get a scrub. Is that fair? Just not a balanced schedule. I think that is pretty apparent

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still would be a problem as Bama and Auburn would have to go to the EAST and Mizzou to the WEST, but who else do you send with Mizzou. And then LSU is a cross divisional for Bama and Auburn and would only be played every so often. As has been said, there is no easy solution to the problem at this time.

Auburn historically only played LSU on a rotating basis so we have no issue giving up that game. In the move we were forced to give up the Tennessee and Florida games and that really wasn't fair. In my mind it's Alabama's turn to sacrifice you guys have had it way too easy in expansion.

You kept all your games and for years Vandy was your cross divisional rival as well as Tennessee and don't give me any historical BS on that one.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn historically only played LSU on a rotating basis so we have no issue giving up that game. In the move we were forced to give up the Tennessee and Florida games and that really wasn't fair. In my mind it's Alabama's turn to sacrifice you guys have had it way too easy in expansion.

You kept all your games and for years Vandy was your cross divisional rival as well as Tennessee and don't give me any historical BS on that one.

Frankly i dont care if they give us Georgia or Florida or SC as a yearly rival along with Tennessee, its not like Bama cant beat them. Everyone makes a big deal out of this, but if you recruit, can coach and have depth, you should be able to play anyone in your division. For the teams whining about it I say buck the fuck up or vote yes to the nine game conference schedule so they can work our some better arrangements. No one wants the nine game because Saban likes the idea, if he was opposed to it they would all run to the table to vote yes. It should pass this year if they have had enough of this back and forth, the SEC will probably ask them to vote yes so they can solidify a better schedule and work out some new TV deal stuff.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly i dont care if they give us Georgia or Florida or SC as a yearly rival along with Tennessee, its not like Bama cant beat them. Everyone makes a big deal out of this, but if you recruit, can coach and have depth, you should be able to play anyone in your division. For the teams whining about it I say buck the fuck up or vote yes to the nine game conference schedule so they can work our some better arrangements. No one wants the nine game because Saban likes the idea, if he was opposed to it they would all run to the table to vote yes. It should pass this year if they have had enough of this back and forth, the SEC will probably ask them to vote yes so they can solidify a better schedule and work out some new TV deal stuff.

Reads like Saban is living rent free in your head now.

One of two things is going to happen:

1. The SEC is going to a 9 conference game schedule
or
2. We do a deal with the ACC and assign yearly partner that play every year with some potential for rotation.

I actually like option two except my first three choices in order would be GT, FSU and Clemson but they are all locked up. If this happens we will end up with UNC or NCS more than likely.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no proof to back up this statement, so its purely your opinion.

And my statement was not about the player safety issue, my comment was on his point about more plays equals more chances to get injured. Even he has come out and said he doesnt have facts or figures that show it leads to more injuries, just that it stands to reason that more plays can equal more chances to become an injured player. Please try to do some reading on this subject on your own and quit mis-quoting everyone.

And just because he hasnt spoken out about any other type of player safety does not mean he disagrees with the rules that have already been put in place to limit player contact in the off season and during practice sessions. If he was not in agreement, dont you feel he would speak out, seeing as he is apparently not afraid to do so even if its not a popular opinion. I am laughing at you and your repeated attempts to keep this going, even when you are dead wrong.

Now for the last part of this. When I post something in here and i am commenting on a subject, its usually my opinion on that subject, not me following blindly and if i feel that he has made some good points that should be worthy of a study on this issue, that is my right to have that opinion and not me following blindly. If so, then arent you just following blindly with the HUHN crowd since many of them feel this possible rule change is not about players safety. Sounds like you have drank the kool-aid and cannot be resurrected from the brain washed lemmings in that camp.

So you agree that you have done more than just defend his right to speak on the subject.

And with that said you haven't come up with any other examples that show where you haven't defended him on something.

Show me where he has been as out spoken on other player safety issues as he has with the 10 second rule.

If you can't produce anything then my statement holds true.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reads like Saban is living rent free in your head now.

One of two things is going to happen:

1. The SEC is going to a 9 conference game schedule
or
2. We do a deal with the ACC and assign yearly partner that play every year with some potential for rotation.

I actually like option two except my first three choices in order would be GT, FSU and Clemson but they are all locked up. If this happens we will end up with UNC or NCS more than likely.

Nope, just call'em like i see'em. He has spoken out on the subject of the nine game in conference schedule more than once and each time they voted it was 99% no with one yes vote. What else can one think but they dont want it due to his liking the idea.

Plenty of reasons to like the idea and only one i can think of for not and thats you might get the luck of a draw where you have to play two tough SEC opponents cross division in the same year, only one coach is not afraid of this thought.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now for the last part of this. When I post something in here and i am commenting on a subject, its usually my opinion on that subject, not me following blindly and if i feel that he has made some good points that should be worthy of a study on this issue, that is my right to have that opinion and not me following blindly. If so, then arent you just following blindly with the HUHN crowd since many of them feel this possible rule change is not about players safety. Sounds like you have drank the kool-aid and cannot be resurrected from the brain washed lemmings in that camp.

Not agreeing with the 10 second rule is not following anybody. Its about going with the status qua and playing within the confines of the rules and not trying to change things that you don't run.

Huge difference and the only reason you don't agree is because you worship and blindly follow your coach like he is a saint.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not agreeing with the 10 second rule is not following anybody. Its about going with the status qua and playing within the confines of the rules and not trying to change things that you don't run.

Huge difference and the only reason you don't agree is because you worship and blindly follow your coach like he is a saint.

Right, while you sit in your Urban Meyer PJ's typing furiously. Hate to break the news to you, but you know nothing about me and never will. All you know is the narrow minded view you have of things. Apparently you can have an opinion on something and not be blindly following, but others cannot have one because thay are blindly following.

A blind follower would not be able to quote to you things said in an article, they would not read the article because what is in it is not important, its that it was about Saban that makes it special. Because I can quote to you things said in that and many other articles on the subject, I am not blindly following, but trying to stay up to date on what is being said, unlike you who doesnt know simple details about it.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Huge difference and the only reason you don't agree is because you worship and blindly follow your coach like he is a saint.

It's quite possible that he doesn't agree is because that he expects others to agree with him and not the other way around.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's quite possible that he doesn't agree is because that he expects others to agree with him and not the other way around.

Actually, I dont really care if others agree with me, but thanks for different view on it. Also, their are people who agree with some of the things I have stated on here about this issue. Its just my opinion though, so its not really something I will push on people. We each are entitled to our own opinion.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, just call'em like i see'em. He has spoken out on the subject of the nine game in conference schedule more than once and each time they voted it was 99% no with one yes vote. What else can one think but they dont want it due to his liking the idea.

Plenty of reasons to like the idea and only one i can think of for not and thats you might get the luck of a draw where you have to play two tough SEC opponents cross division in the same year, only one coach is not afraid of this thought.

The world does not turn according to Nick if the other schools voted against I that is hardly a conspiracy. Many of the schools have a permanent OOC opponent and don't want 10 games locked up every year. I imagine 4 or 5 don't want another loss of their schedule it's not all about Nick.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The world does not turn according to Nick if the other schools voted against I that is hardly a conspiracy. Many of the schools have a permanent OOC opponent and don't want 10 games locked up every year. I imagine 4 or 5 don't want another loss of their schedule it's not all about Nick.

You watch your dirty mouth!!:lol:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, while you sit in your Urban Meyer PJ's typing furiously. Hate to break the news to you, but you know nothing about me and never will. All you know is the narrow minded view you have of things. Apparently you can have an opinion on something and not be blindly following, but others cannot have one because thay are blindly following.

A blind follower would not be able to quote to you things said in an article, they would not read the article because what is in it is not important, its that it was about Saban that makes it special. Because I can quote to you things said in that and many other articles on the subject, I am not blindly following, but trying to stay up to date on what is being said, unlike you who doesnt know simple details about it.

So like I said, you defend his every word.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why not, sounds like a good way to know your opponents well. and it saves time on scheduling because you only have to worry about two games a year, that free's up all kinds of time for the AD to play golf. If they would go to that schedule, Spurrier might retire and take over the AD job at SC so he could play golf all the time.

Lastly, if you noticed the last few weeks, the board has been abuzz with many threads all about Saban and his comments. For a few days it was almost a new thread a day. Apparently its not the world, but the world of college football that might just do so. That ought to give Authority fuel for his already small blind followers fire. Too bad i mentioned him and am mocking him be doing so.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches become a buzz when they do something stupid which is the case with nick.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So like I said, you defend his every word.

Good luck proving it. I can have an opinion about something without blindly following. I have been a Fan of the Crimson Tide for 40 years, long before Nick, and long before him was the greatest coach to grace the sidelines of B-D stadium. Didnt blindly follow him either. Been a leader all my life, why would I follow anyone.

Funny thing is my ideals on this and Nicks are two different sides of the coin. That shows i am not blindly following. You follow goose stepping on the party lines of the HUHN crowd, so its apparent to me that its you blindly following. Atleast i have an opinion on it that is my own and not one that was force fed to me by all the other followers of the HUHN god.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck proving it. I can have an opinion about something without blindly following. I have been a Fan of the Crimson Tide for 40 years, long before Nick, and long before him was the greatest coach to grace the sidelines of B-D stadium. Didnt blindly follow him either. Been a leader all my life, why would I follow anyone.

Funny thing is my ideals on this and Nicks are two different sides of the coin. That shows i am not blindly following. You follow goose stepping on the party lines of the HUHN crowd, so its apparent to me that its you blindly following. Atleast i have an opinion on it that is my own and not one that was force fed to me by all the other followers of the HUHN god.

I said you defend his every word which you have done a good job illustrating considering you can't even come up with an example of when you haven't defended him.

Your logic is stating that no matter what is going on you are blindly following something. Thats idiotic.

I am fine with the rules as they exist and I think anyone should run any offense they want so in turn I am not following any way in particular. You are the one defending someone that is trying to limit others.