• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

S LaRon Landry ?

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Released by Indy. Probably about $4 mil a year.

I'd prefer more of a cover safety but still an option.

I'd pick up the veteran CB first. There are quality S throughout this draft.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Released by Indy. Probably about $4 mil a year.

I'd prefer more of a cover safety but still an option.

I'd pick up the veteran CB first. There are quality S throughout this draft.

I agree. I feel pretty confident now than I did before about the situation the Eagles are in. It's all on Chip's shoulders now. I try not to read any of the speculation BS that the media writes. In particular, MM is probably not even on Chip's radar because he knows that he will go at the top 5. He's not going to cripple the franchise over a player who may or may not pan out. Like I said in another thread, the spot that the Eagles draft, I'd trade that pick and move back rather than up to get additional picks. I'd like to fill the cupboard. Andy Reid was good at doing that, his only downfall was reaching and his scouting wasn't great for 1st round talent. Exception of Cox. Just my opinion.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry can hit, but can't cover. No thanks. McCourty is the one, if he hits F.A.
Get Maxwell and McCourty, and I will be pleased with FA, even if that's all we get.
Anything beyond that is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.
Even after the draft, there are usually bargains to be had out there that can help.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry can hit, but can't cover. No thanks. McCourty is the one, if he hits F.A.
Get Maxwell and McCourty, and I will be pleased with FA, even if that's all we get.
Even after the draft, there are usually bargains to be had out there that can help.

:agree:

I don't think McCourty hits FA. If we could get the 2 top Secondary people in FA this year it would be a great FA.

We have plenty of $ to make it happen. I see we carried over something like $15 million from last year and stand around $19 million to spend as of now with NO cuts.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, as of right now how much cap do we have to work with? We still have to resign Maclin, who may be tagged possibly, Graham should be resigned or at least I hope so. I have to think a possible trade is coming? I go back and forth on McCoy. Replacing him is not an easy thing to do although some of you think otherwise. I stick with Foles and either draft a QB in the later rounds or I sign a backup journeyman QB via FA and draft in next years draft. Much focus should be on the defense and the OL.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rahim Moore is the guy we should be looking at.....New Englands not gonna let McCourty go but Denver will have no choice as they have to many huge contracts of star players expiring.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rahim Moore is the guy we should be looking at.....New Englands not gonna let McCourty go but Denver will have no choice as they have to many huge contracts of star players expiring.

You can expect a bidding war for his services which also means he's going to be overpaid for what he's worth. I don't think the Eagles will do that. They may experiment with someone already on the roster. Just my opinion.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, as of right now how much cap do we have to work with? We still have to resign Maclin, who may be tagged possibly, Graham should be resigned or at least I hope so. I have to think a possible trade is coming? I go back and forth on McCoy. Replacing him is not an easy thing to do although some of you think otherwise. I stick with Foles and either draft a QB in the later rounds or I sign a backup journeyman QB via FA and draft in next years draft. Much focus should be on the defense and the OL.

I just posted before yours that said we are 19 million under the cap right now. That's without any cuts or restructuring (Cole, Shady, etc.)

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can expect a bidding war for his services which also means he's going to be overpaid for what he's worth. I don't think the Eagles will do that. They may experiment with someone already on the roster. Just my opinion.

We can't afford to "experiment" we need to get some players in here. If that means bidding high then you do it.

I agree with Wings that Moore is more likely to be gettable then McCourty. Can't see how Denver can get both Thomas's and still get Moore. Although I heard they could restructure Mannings contract also.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Landry is done. Some of you want every Eric Swann that gets cut.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want either Rahim Moore or Da'Norris Searcy. Both those guys will reach FA and I expect/hope one of them to be an Eagle.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK> Maxwell and Moore or Searcy. That will be a very good haul. I'm satisfied.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK> Maxwell and Moore or Searcy. That will be a very good haul. I'm satisfied.

Agreed. If we cut Cole and let Graham walk, we're going to need an OLB as well. I still have high hopes for Marcus Smith but we'll still need to target a good OLB in FA. Jason Worilds would be awesome. Another option is Jerry Hughes. Loved him during draft time out of TCU. After stinking it up with the Colts, he's had 10 sacks in 2013 as a 3-4 OLB and 10 sacks in 2014 as a 4-3 DE with the Bills. Both are very young and won't come cheap, but we'll have money to spend. Throw in Stefen Wisniewski and a stopgap #2 CB and I'll be ready to chase after MM :suds:

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bidding war yes but we may have an advantage we just hired his d backs coach from last year. I would be all over Rahim Moore.

Landry doesn't fit the Eagles scheme.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really want to blow a ton of money on a safety in free agency. I would rather see the team move up and draft Landon Collins in the 1st round. Time to right the wrong of Earl Thomas :).

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really want to blow a ton of money on a safety in free agency. I would rather see the team move up and draft Landon Collins in the 1st round. Time to right the wrong of Earl Thomas :).

I'd like to right the wrong too, but not sure that Collins is in the Dawk/Thomas mold. There are decent safeties we can get to groom later in the draft, but I still want a good safety in free agency + a good CB. then after we get MM, we can draft a development CB. As Seattle has proven, you can get good players mid to late in the draft. It is called good scouting.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would be an enormous step in the right direction. :agree:

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly!

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the guy I think we can get. Very realistic.:nod:

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rahim Moore has said that Brian Dawkins is one of his "favorite DBs ever". Newly signed defensive backs coach Cory Undlin was with the Broncos last year so he's familiar with Moore. This would be a great signing.