• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

S.A. Los Raiders?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in San Antonio, this town is absolutely a Cowboys town, surprisingly there are a lot of 49ers fans here too, bandwagoners from the 80's obviously. I think it would take almost a full generation of the Raiders being here before they would have a real solid fan base. Wearing Silver and Black would obviously help and you'd have some fair weather Cowboys fans become fans of the Raiders but again it would take quit a while before the Raiders were as loved as the Cowboys here. As a Raiders fan for most of my life thanks to Lester Hayes i'd love to see them move here...

When I said Fuck Texas earlier....I meant the rest of the state except SA and Austin, which are 2 of my fave places down there. I was stationed in SA in the AF and lived there and in New Braunfels. Good Times. I love Austin... been there numerous times over the years.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok then show me the proof that the Broncos are going to be worse next year? Because right now they are the best team in the AFC so prove to me they will be worse? You say they are switching QB's well Manning has played as the worst QB in the NFL this year. Pretty much only one way to go and that is up at the most important position on the team. You say well the defense has a bunch of FA's and I say well they have a ton of Cap Space to resign all the players on the defensive side of the ball. You say well the OL still needs fixed and I can say well they can look to FA and the draft or even beyond that the fact that the 2 starting OT's for the season will actually be off of IR and the fact the 3 of the starters this year are rookies so they should be better next season.

Yeah I can't point to just one thing and say "this is exactly why your team will not be good" because we have no clue what any team in the NFL will do this off season. We have no clue what rookies or FA's will step up. I mean for the Broncos they have been pretty fortunate that they have had at least 1 FA every year go to the Pro Bowl the year they brought them in. They have had All-Pro guys like Manning and Vasquez that they brought in but I didn't know they would be that good when we brought them in. At the same time there are plenty of FA's that fall flat on their face or can't stay healthy as you guys saw with Nate Allen this year.
I can't prove to you cd that the Broncos will be bad next year.. In fact like i have said all along, you ARE the team to beat in the AFC West, till we take that from you.. Im arguing that we are going to take that from you.. That Denver D will still be great next year, even if you lose players, then you have Osweiler making the team his own.. By no means am i saying you guys will be weak next year.. Im just saying that Division is up for grabs next year, for ALL 4 teams.. Im argument is that we will win it.. No that you are weak!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't prove to you cd that the Broncos will be bad next year.. In fact like i have said all along, you ARE the team to beat in the AFC West, till we take that from you.. Im arguing that we are going to take that from you.. That Denver D will still be great next year, even if you lose players, then you have Osweiler making the team his own.. By no means am i saying you guys will be weak next year.. Im just saying that Division is up for grabs next year, for ALL 4 teams.. Im argument is that we will win it.. No that you are weak!!

Didn't say that you said our team was weak. I was just pointing to I can come up with reasons for and against why either of our teams could find success or failure this next year. We honestly have no clue how either of our teams will do. There is plenty of promise that both teams will be competing until the final week of the season but there is also reason to be nervous for this next year.

Now I do wonder a little of how much not knowing where your team will be next year will affect FA, signing your own players, and how much that will get into the heads of the players. Chargers players, coaches, and FO people all talked about it this year that it was a huge distraction. To me that gets amped up with the Raiders this year having no clue what happens after this season.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I said Fuck Texas earlier....I meant the rest of the state except SA and Austin, which are 2 of my fave places down there. I was stationed in SA in the AF and lived there and in New Braunfels. Good Times. I love Austin... been there numerous times over the years.
Mark bought land right in the middle of the two City's!! Hmmm i wonder why?? The RAIDERS would blow it up in SA man.. BIGTIME!! Oh and i have people in around that area.. Sweet place for sure..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say that you said our team was weak. I was just pointing to I can come up with reasons for and against why either of our teams could find success or failure this next year. We honestly have no clue how either of our teams will do. There is plenty of promise that both teams will be competing until the final week of the season but there is also reason to be nervous for this next year.

Now I do wonder a little of how much not knowing where your team will be next year will affect FA, signing your own players, and how much that will get into the heads of the players. Chargers players, coaches, and FO people all talked about it this year that it was a huge distraction. To me that gets amped up with the Raiders this year having no clue what happens after this season.
Of course im sort of nervous about next season cd.. But the hope for all 4 teams is REAL!! I mean, you and KC could play for that right to play in the SB for crying out loud!! The Bolts still have Rivers, and and i can argue that injuries DOOMED their season, but i won't argue for them.. Then you have the RAIDERS that didn't back down from nobody!! My argument is we WIN the AFC West next year...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course im sort of nervous about next season cd.. But the hope for all 4 teams is REAL!! I mean, you and KC could play for that right to play in the SB for crying out loud!! The Bolts still have Rivers, and and i can argue that injuries DOOMED their season, but i won't argue for them.. Then you have the RAIDERS that didn't back down from nobody!! My argument is we WIN the AFC West next year...

Well before I make my argument I want to see what happens during the off season. I need to see who the Broncos resign and what the plan is for the OL. Rumors are they are going to go hard after Joe Thomas the best LT in the game. IF they get him my expectations for this upcoming season for the Broncos skyrockets.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well before I make my argument I want to see what happens during the off season. I need to see who the Broncos resign and what the plan is for the OL. Rumors are they are going to go hard after Joe Thomas the best LT in the game. IF they get him my expectations for this upcoming season for the Broncos skyrockets.
Yeah i heard you guys are going hard after him, but don't count us out either.. That is if we don't resign Penn, which i hope we do btw.. Damn Chris Mortensen has throat cancer!! Shitty!! Hope you get well soon!!
Gotta run man.. I shall return!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i heard you guys are going hard after him, but don't count us out either.. That is if we don't resign Penn, which i hope we do btw.. Damn Chris Mortensen has throat cancer!! Shitty!! Hope you get well soon!!
Gotta run man.. I shall return!!

Have fun. Yeah sucks about Mort. Hope for the best. My guess is you guys resign Penn. He has played well within your system and it won't cost you a draft pick. Most likely if we get Thomas it is through a trade and using our 1st round pick. Sucks to do that but getting the best player at such a premium position with his actually very team friendly contract makes a lot of sense. Solves a lot of our offensive issues with being able to shuffle the rest of the OL.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the RAIDERS would blow it up there.. SA is starving for an NFL team.. And this RAIDER team is loaded with some of the best young talent in football.. Carr to Amari Cooper DEEP!! And Mack with yet another sack!! In a soldout SA stadium!! Yeah man, cuz sports is about winning..

No, it's actually not... Dallas is only a 5 hour drive north on 35...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've lived here about 12 years, great town, good people and good food and it hardly ever snows...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've lived here about 12 years, great town, good people and good food and it hardly ever snows...

Been to SA quite a few times and Austin a handful...had family stationed at Lackland or some AF base down there...hot as hell in summer, but hills and trees similiar to GA, cost of living is reasonable...one of the few areas I would move to at this stage of life.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been to SA quite a few times and Austin a handful...had family stationed at Lackland or some AF base down there...hot as hell in summer, but hills and trees similiar to GA, cost of living is reasonable...one of the few areas I would move to at this stage of life.

I live about 10 miles from Lackland,. It is hot as satan's ass crack in the summer but ya kind of get used to it.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i know is that SA wants the RAIDERS Big Time!! There's some DEEP pockets and Power people that have the way paved!! Mark Davis just has to say yes!! The RAIDERS are a FA as of now, and have a young promising, explosive team, that is DRESSED in SILVER AND BLACK!! Your move Oakland!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i know is that SA wants the RAIDERS Big Time!! There's some DEEP pockets and Power people that have the way paved!! Mark Davis just has to say yes!! The RAIDERS are a FA as of now, and have a young promising, explosive team, that is DRESSED in SILVER AND BLACK!! Your move Oakland!!
Oh, and may i add?? A very good coaching staff, with a top notch GM!! The RAIDERS have a SB in their future, the thing is?? What City gets that SB.. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying "tune into talk radio in SA to hear them say they want the Raiders" is the worst kind of confirmation bias. Of course the people paid to bring up these things will bring up these things.

I am from South Texas. South Texas Mexicans are THE most loyal, crazy Cowboys fans BAR NONE. They have Tom Landry's bust air-brushed next to the Virgin Mary on their tailgates. That's not a metaphor. I've seen it.

I just don't know who would be this tesm's fan base except for some very young people just in SA.

Last edited:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying "tune into talk radio in SA to hear them say they want the Raiders" is the worst kind of confirmation bias. Of course the people paid to bring up these things will bring up these things.

I am from South Texas. South Texas Mexicans are THE most loyal, crazy Cowboys fans BAR NONE. They have Tom Landry's bust air-brushed next to the Virgin Mary on their tailgates. That's not a metaphor. I've seen it.

I just don't know who would be this tesm's fan base except for some very young people just in SA.
Funny you say that man.. I blog with RAIDER fans from all over the State of Texas, that are in lock step with ALL RAIDER news, and they are all singing a different tune than you are man..
None of this matters though, and you know why??
Cuz the RAIDERS belong to the City of Oakland of the great State of California!!

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has fans in other states. That's a far cry from have a sustainable fan base, especially carving one out from a population base rabidly loyal to a team for the good part of s century.