• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Fitzpatrick May Be Done For The Season

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys could always try to see if the Bears would give up Foles for a reasonable price.
Not gonna happen, Rivera has made it clear that this season is about finding out if this team is a QB away. :doh: (Can't make this shit up)

BTW; Answers from this guy (Rivera) depends on which Rivera you're speaking to at the moment.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually excited to see Heinicke on the big stage Thursday in a code red game. I just have more confidence in this team when he's out there.

I wish the Texans weren't asking for the sun moon and stars when it comes to Watson. We probably beat the Chargers by 15 with Watson yesterday.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,841.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks.

Cam is available.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is clearly the OC.....you could put Montana back there...the guy sucks and doesn't prepare or adapt

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the kid does well but as I have said all along once teams start planning for him .... BMitch and I agree. We both hope we are wrong.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington signed QB Kyle Shurmur, formerly of the Chiefs.​

The Football Team is preparing for life without Ryan Fitzpatrick after the veteran suffered a potentially serious hip injury in Week 1 against the Chargers. Taylor Heinicke will start for Washington for at least the next few weeks. Kyle Allen is the presumed backup, making Shurmur -- the son of longtime NFL coach Pat Shurmur -- the team's third stringer. He last played for Kansas City before being waived in April 2020.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Sam Fortier on Twitter
Sep 13, 2021, 10:48 AM ET

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem; He's a career backup at best when he's not injured or outright released. See

View attachment 279887

In his one career start (2018 against Atlanta) he was 33 for 53 for 274 yards, a touchdown and three interceptions then again injured. (elbow) Keep in mind that he again was injured last year in the playoff game against Tampa Bay. So if the best ability is availability, he's not the guy. I do agree that he offers this offense more dynamism at QB, but if the game or any game requires him to throw regularly he's also not the one for that.

Washington doesn't have an starting NFL caliber QB on its roster. To ask any of these guys to step up into that role is just coaching malpractice.

I dont know what the future holds for TH or the WFT in starting TH for the next few games (probably). I do know, however, that this transaction list is bullshit.

Plenty of qbs are overlooked, misused, passed over in the NFL for this to be a legitimate list.

Brady's draft status is just the legendary one.
Foles won a super bowl
Rich Gannon too
Kurt Warner
Doug Williams
Goff made it to the super bowl after being thought of as trash by Geoff Fisher
Trent Dilfer won a super bowl.

There are 30+ undrafted free agents who made NFL teams this year.

All I know is that TH played well in the game before the tampa game, played the best qb of any of the teams the bucs played in the playoffs last year, and had the WFT winning their game before the oline, gibby, and the secondary blew it yesterday.

I see a qb who was passed over because of his size, who has more moxie than any qb the skins have had since...... when?......... who put his team in position to win yesterday.

Now he'll get an extended audition. All he has to do is not cause the team to lose. I say he can do it.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzmagic is 38. It wouldn't surprise me if he retires after giving it one more try when he's back from IR. At best he can be a backup. He can't take the punishment being a starter requires.

And Cam is a waste. Wasn't it Rivera who cut him from Carolina? The Dark Lord cut Cam and went with an untested rookie.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzmagic is 38. It wouldn't surprise me if he retires after giving it one more try when he's back from IR. At best he can be a backup. He can't take the punishment being a starter requires.

And Cam is a waste. Wasn't it Rivera who cut him from Carolina? The Dark Lord cut Cam and went with an untested rookie.
anything i post about Cam is a joke . i dont think he has it anymore

i know i am in the minority but kyle allen can run this team as well . i am interested to see falco start next week and hopefully get the win

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what the future holds for TH or the WFT in starting TH for the next few games (probably). I do know, however, that this transaction list is bullshit.

Plenty of qbs are overlooked, misused, passed over in the NFL for this to be a legitimate list.

Brady's draft status is just the legendary one.
Foles won a super bowl
Rich Gannon too
Kurt Warner
Doug Williams
Goff made it to the super bowl after being thought of as trash by Geoff Fisher
Trent Dilfer won a super bowl.

There are 30+ undrafted free agents who made NFL teams this year.

All I know is that TH played well in the game before the tampa game, played the best qb of any of the teams the bucs played in the playoffs last year, and had the WFT winning their game before the oline, gibby, and the secondary blew it yesterday.

I see a qb who was passed over because of his size, who has more moxie than any qb the skins have had since...... when?......... who put his team in position to win yesterday.

Now he'll get an extended audition. All he has to do is not cause the team to lose. I say he can do it.
I can't and won't debate your perspective.

The transaction is Heinicke's and it's an accurate retelling of his travels in the NFL. Now it's possible that he's among the one-in-a-million that you speak of, and that would make a great story, but that is for the hopeful, not clear eyed realists.

He did play well as you've noted in that playoff game but prior to that each time it has been in a relief role not as the starter in a regular season game. I've posted his numbers from the only start that he's had in his career in the regular season and now he's going to get another crack at it. The difference is NFL teams now get the opportunity to "book" him, test, adjust, then retest him as needed. No surprise starts as he did against Tampa Bay but potentially 16 games or less of full game video/film on this guy as he goes from a relative unknown to well known.

There are two things that will come from this second seasonal start:

1. He shines and confounds everyone who had passed on him previously (myself included).

2. He proves that there has been good reason why this is his second regular season start in a pro career that began in 2015. (my position exactly)

Hopefully we can agree that whatever constitutes a middle ground translates into meh!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is Heinicke and Allen from here on out I think. Shurmer was signed because with Fitz out the two QBs left tend to have injury issues.

Again if what we heard on TV Sunday is true, the WTF coaching staff was trying to put Fitz in an offense that doesn't suit him then the team is better off going with the two guys who have experience in the offense. Next man up.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bummer to hear Fitz is being placed on the injured reserve. Despite his inconsistencies, I would often root for him to turn things around. He's had quit the journey.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1631597591005.png
Ok let’s really stir this pot