• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russ Wilson claims head was healed by Miracle Water

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the Seattle O line has looked so far this year he better stock up on the stuff
Pretty sure the team gets a substantial discount on the price.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the Seattle O line has looked so far this year he better stock up on the stuff
They are improving. Nothing new about the OL being a work in progress, it's the norm for the Seahawks. Mmmm wonder how the Packers will do without Nelson? No way is Adams his equal. Looking forward to week 2.:D

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are improving. Nothing new about the OL being a work in progress, it's the norm for the Seahawks. Mmmm wonder how the Packers will do without Nelson? No way is Adams his equal. Looking forward to week 2.:D

I really havent seen anyone say that Adams was equal to Jordy. My guess is that this team will look more like the 2012 team. We cant compare it to 2013 as Rodgers missed half the season. If we look at the difference between 2012 and last year 2014 here is what we see.

Year 2012 Record = 11 - 5 ------- Year 2014 Record = 12 - 4

Rodgers 4295 yards 39tds 8 picks -- Rodgers 4381 yards 38tds 5 picks

Receiving yards 2012 -------------- Receiving yards 2014

R Cobb 954 --------------------- R Cobb 1287
J Nelson 745 ------------------------- J Nelson 1519
J Jones 784 ----------------------- D Adams 446
G Jennings 366 ---------------------- E Lacy 427
J Finley 667 ------------------------ Quarless 323
Kuhn 148 ----------- ----------- R Rodgers 225
Misc. 631 ------------------------ J Starks 140

When comparing these 2 years we can see that back in 2012 Rodgers spread the ball around much more than he did in 2014 where it mostly went to Cobb and Nelson. Rodgers will get his 4000 yards this year as well but will do it by spreading the ball around a bit more.

The tight ends with Rodgers not being a rookie anymore and Quarless will equal the yardage Finley got in 2012. It also may be a bit more challenging for a defense with Rodgers spreading it around more as last year they mostly had to worry about Nelson and Cobb. There will be more passes to Lacy, the tight ends, the rookie Montgomery and the 2cnd year guy Janis who is faster than Jordy and will be able to beat coverage. Teams can work on taking out and Adams but they will find Rodgers will still be able to get the ball to Lacy, Janis, Montgomery, R Rodgers and Quarless.

The other thing is the offense wont have to be as good this year because the defense will be much better over the full season instead of like last year when they were only good in the second half of the season. The Packer D sucked and were ranked like 26th or 27th to start out early in the season they were horrible against the run. With the big change in the middle of the season bringing Matthews into the middle and sitting Hawk on his ass on the bench they improved significantly and with the stats they had in the last 8 games the total yards against in the last 8 games would match the #3 defense in the league. The points against defense in the last 8 games would have ranked them at #8 and would have been much better than that if they didnt have the aberration of the game against the Falcons that was a high scoring affair allowing them to score over 35 points.

With Matthews working in the middle during OTAs and in camp he will be much more experienced in what is needed in the middle. Raji will also be back in the middle to help with run defense. The loss of T Williams is taken care of by Hayward and the 2 rookies and free agent Gunter have been amazing in the De backfield.

So with Rodgers spreading the ball around more and a better defense I dont expect the Packers to be a team that is much different than past seasons. They will just look different than last year as like you said there is not one person who can make up for Nelson but a few of them will. With a much improved defense for the full season the yardage that will be needed to be made up by those replacing Nelson may not have to be quite what Nelson was doing if they are able to hold down their opponents scores.

I am guessing you would like to see you first team O score some points in the preseason?

I have been happy so far as the Packer O seems to be clicking. game one in the first quarter the O moved the ball well with 160 yards in the 1st quarter and game 2 when the starters were in the first drive they marched right down the field in the first series against the Steelers and scored then the starters sat down.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has been in the league what, 3 or 4 yrs ?...Has 2 SB appearances , a SB ring and makes more than 20 mil a yr.....And you all question his intelligence ?????....Child Please , he could buy that car wash where you work at with his dry cleaners bill money and turn it into a holy water fountain of youth if he wants to....
Leave the man's faith alone, he's obviously smarter than the average guy, so you know, everybody just shaddup already !! :D
That should be the end of the subject. Should be......

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really havent seen anyone say that Adams was equal to Jordy. My guess is that this team will look more like the 2012 team. We cant compare it to 2013 as Rodgers missed half the season. If we look at the difference between 2012 and last year 2014 here is what we see.

Year 2012 Record = 11 - 5 Year 2014 Record = 12 - 4

Receiving yards -------------- Receiving yards

R Cobb 954 ----------- R Cobb 1287
J Nelson 745 -------------- J Nelson 1519
J Jones 784 ------------ D Adams 446
G Jennings 366 ------------ E Lacy 427
J Finley 667 -------------- Quarless 323
Kuhn 148 ----------- R Rodgers 225
Misc. 631 -------------- J Starks 140

When comparing these 2 years we can see that back in 2012 Rodgers spread the ball around much more than he did in 2014 where it mostly went to Cobb and Nelson. Rodgers will get his 4000 yards this year as well but will do it by spreading the ball around a bit more.

The tight ends with Rodgers not being a rookie anymore and Quarless will equal the yardage Finley got in 2012. It also may be a bit more challenging for a defense with Rodgers spreading it around more as last year they mostly had to worry about Nelson and Cobb. There will be more passes to Lacy, the tight ends, the rookie Montgomery and the 2cnd year guy Janis who is faster than Jordy and will be able to beat coverage. Teams can work on taking out and Adams but they will find Rodgers will still be able to get the ball to Lacy, Janis, Montgomery, R Rodgers and Quarless.

The other thing is the offense wont have to be as good this year because the defense will be much better over the full season instead of like last year when they were only good in the second half of the season. The Packer D sucked and were ranked like 26th or 27th to start out early in the season they were horrible against the run. With the big change in the middle of the season bringing Matthews into the middle and sitting Hawk on his ass on the bench they improved significantly and with the stats they had in the last 8 games the total yards against in the last 8 games would match the #3 defense in the league. The points against defense in the last 8 games would have ranked them at #8 and would have been much better than that if they didnt have the aberration of the game against the Falcons that was a high scoring affair allowing them to score over 35 points.

With Matthews working in the middle during OTAs and in camp he will be much more experienced in what is needed in the middle. Raji will also be back in the middle to help with run defense. The loss of T Williams is taken care of by Hayward and the 2 rookies and free agent Gunter have been amazing in the De backfield.

So with Rodgers spreading the ball around more and a betterPonce defense I dont expect the Packers to be a team that is much different than past seasons. They will just look different than last year as like you said there is not one person who can make up for Nelson but a few of them will. With a much improved defense for the full season the yardage that will be needed to be made up by those replacing Nelson may not have to be quite what Nelson was doing if they are able to hold down their opponents scores.

I am guessing you would like to see you first team O score some points in the preseason?

I have been happy so far as the Packer O seems to be clicking. game one in the first quarter the O moved the ball well with 160 yards in the 1st quarter and game 2 when the starters were in the first drive they marched right down the field in the first series against the Steelers and scored then the starters sat down.

What the hell does this have to do with concussion juice??? I didn't eve bother reading it was way too long. All I have to say is keep blowing an old ass Rodgers while Seahawks are winning SB's with a 50 year old Wilson who's stomped through the Everglades and found the fountain of youth! Ponce de Leon don't got crap on RW!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Year 2012 Record = 11 - 5 ------- Year 2014 Record = 12 - 4

Receiving yards 2012 -------------- Receiving yards 2014

R Cobb 954 --------------------- R Cobb 1287
J Nelson 745 ------------------------- J Nelson 1519
J Jones 784 ----------------------- D Adams 446
G Jennings 366 ---------------------- E Lacy 427
J Finley 667 ------------------------ Quarless 323
Kuhn 148 ----------- ----------- R Rodgers 225
Misc. 631 ------------------------ J Starks 140

So with Rodgers spreading the ball around more and a better defense I dont expect the Packers to be a team that is much different than past seasons. They will just look different than last year as like you said there is not one person who can make up for Nelson but a few of them will. With a much improved defense for the full season the yardage that will be needed to be made up by those replacing Nelson may not have to be quite what Nelson was doing if they are able to hold down their opponents scores.

I for one look forward to seeing if the packers defense is better...or not as good. I think it's a given that passing attack will not be as good. Guess we won't have to wait to long to see how this plays out.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LL wrote:I have been happy so far as the Packer O seems to be clicking. game one in the first quarter the O moved the ball well with 160 yards in the 1st quarter and game 2 when the starters were in the first drive they marched right down the field in the first series against the Steelers and scored then the starters sat down.

Preseason of course. How happy have you been with your offense in the games played against Seattle once Pete took over control of the Seahawks?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really care. Anyone expecting a bunch of early points from the Hawks is just not familiar with them. They play small ball and wear you down, then pile it on late. Last year, the Hawks had 3x as many TDs in the 4th quarter of games than they did in the 1st quarter.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LL wrote:I have been happy so far as the Packer O seems to be clicking. game one in the first quarter the O moved the ball well with 160 yards in the 1st quarter and game 2 when the starters were in the first drive they marched right down the field in the first series against the Steelers and scored then the starters sat down.

Preseason of course. How happy have you been with your offense in the games played against Seattle once Pete took over control of the Seahawks?

I was not happy with the second of the last 3 games as they were beat in opening game last year for various reasons that they improved upon by seasons end.

The first game was a win for the Packers for most all people but Seattle fans.

The third game was not a problem with the offense and could have been even better with a healthy Rodgers not hopping around on one leg. It was a special teams melt downs with the fake field goal, onside kick, and the Seattle 2 point conversion that lost the game.

So in general to answer your question I was happy in 2 out of the last 3 games with the offense

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one look forward to seeing if the packers defense is better...or not as good. I think it's a given that passing attack will not be as good. Guess we won't have to wait to long to see how this plays out.

What is your definition of not being as good? What are your thoughts on how the passing will be with the Nelson injury? How much of a drop off in passing yards and passing touchdowns will the Packers have this year now?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not happy with the second of the last 3 games as they were beat in opening game last year for various reasons that they improved upon by seasons end.

The third game was not a problem with the offense and could have been even better with a healthy Rodgers not hopping around on one leg. It was a special teams melt downs with the fake field goal, onside kick, and the Seattle 2 point conversion that lost the game.

So in general to answer your question I was happy in 2 out of the last 3 games with the offense

You were happy with their offense in the NFCCG? I know they had a lead, but most of that was from fgs in drives that started in great field position from turnovers. The offense had just 300 total yards, 2 turnovers, were 3-14 on 3rd down, and peed their pants on consecutive possessions in the 4th when all they needed was one 1st down to close the game. They hold a fair share of blame for that loss.

Last edited:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were happy with their offense in the NFCCG? I know they had a lead, but most of that was from fgs in drives that started in great field position from turnovers. The offense had just 300 total yards, 2 turnovers, were 3-14 on 3rd down, and peed their pants on consecutive possessions in the 4th when all they needed was one 1st down to close the game. They hold a fair share of blame for that loss.

300 yards with a QB with one leg is acceptable to me. They choked on special teams. That wont happen in week 2 and the QB will have healthy legs.

300 yards with a QB on one leg against the #1 D that only let an average of 267 a game against them is not all that bad. It would have been nice to get TDs on every drive instead of field goals but again you have to admit it was the special teams that cost the game.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bradyhighv.gif%3Fw%3D640%26h%3D360

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
300 yards with a QB with one leg is acceptable to me. They choked on special teams. That wont happen in week 2 and the QB will have healthy legs

300 yards with a QB on one leg against the #1 D that only let an averageof 267 a game against them is not all that bad. It would have been nice to get TDs on every drive instead of field goals but again you have to admit it was the special teams that cost the game.

Make sure you mention "one legged QB" at least 3 more times. Because you know, injuries aren't part of the game or anything.

300 yards is acceptable to you? Thats what the likes of TB and Tennessee average. Any team has 300 yards or less in a game and they will likely lose.

If you want to point to one play, yeah sure, it was special teams. But there were 150+ plays in the game. If the all the money spent on the offense was more productive, especially late, then you wouldn't blame one single play where a backup TE making league min screwed up.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your definition of not being as good? What are your thoughts on how the passing will be with the Nelson injury? How much of a drop off in passing yards and passing touchdowns will the Packers have this year now?

How much of a drop off in passing offense? Don't know, just have to wait and see, however the Packers receiving corps are down one very talented WR, so it seems logical to expect a drop off IMO.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In our own ineptitude Seattle allowed 5 TO's in the NFCCG, mostly in our territory IIRC.
I appreciate your answer but AR's combined #'s for game 1&3 are 45/73, 401 yds, 1TD, 2 INT's and a combined rating or roughly 69 (81.5 game 1-55.8 game 3).
Not impressive at all for a team of Green Bay's caliber.
Now, Crosby was 7 for 7 on FG's in those 2 games. Maybe you got his #'s confused with the offense's results?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure you mention "one legged QB" at least 3 more times. Because you know, injuries aren't part of the game or anything.

300 yards is acceptable to you? Thats what the likes of TB and Tennessee average. Any team has 300 yards or less in a game and they will likely lose.

If you want to point to one play, yeah sure, it was special teams. But there were 150+ plays in the game. If the all the money spent on the offense was more productive, especially late, then you wouldn't blame one single play where a backup TE making league min screwed up.

Please I will just say what you want to hear Seattle is so fucking great there you go

But no it was not one special teams play it was 3 special teams plays. The fake field goal is 1 I am not blaming that on the back up tight end I blame that on a Linebacker we no longer have, the 2 point conversion should not have happened that was the second special teams play where the ball was up there floating waiting to be picked off but CLinton Dix played it wrong so am not blaming the back up tight end on that one either, with out that there is no OT and the Packers win, then we have the onsides Kick. Take away one of those 3 plays the Seattle loses.

It seems you must not remember much of the game if you think it was just the inside kick.

You comment on the 300 yards and saying Tampa and TN average those amounts is quite dumb. Tampa and TN dont play Seattle every week as we are comparing what teams have done against the Seattle defense. The Packer offense was 6th in the NFL averaging like 365 a game but were only able to get 300 with an injured QB on the road against the toughest D in the league. In my mind I am happy with that

We are talking what the Seatle defense averages each game and in 2014 they allowed 267 yards against. This means some teams got more then 267 yards and some less than 267 yards. In the NFCCG the Packers got more than the average allowed by Seattle when not at full strength with an injured QB. Yes injuries happen we all know that and I did not make any excuse. We both know that if Rodgers was at full strength the Packers would have had more than the 300 so Seattle was lucky on that.

Just be glad the special teams choked 3 times or you wouldnt have had the chance to play the next game.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please I will just say what you want to hear Seattle is so fucking great there you go

But no it was not one special teams play it was 3 special teams plays. The fake field goal is 1 I am not blaming that on the back up tight end I blame that on a Linebacker we no longer have, the 2 point conversion should not have happened that was the second special teams play where the ball was up there floating waiting to be picked off but CLinton Dix played it wrong so am not blaming the back up tight end on that one either, with out that there is no OT and the Packers win, then we have the onsides Kick. Take away one of those 3 plays the Seattle loses.

It seems you must not remember much of the game if you think it was just the inside kick.

You comment on the 300 yards and saying Tampa and TN average those amounts is quite dumb. Tampa and TN dont play Seattle every week as we are comparing what teams have done against the Seattle defense. The Packer offense was 6th in the NFL averaging like 365 a game but were only able to get 300 with an injured QB on the road against the toughest D in the league. In my mind I am happy with that

We are talking what the Seatle defense averages each game and in 2014 they allowed 267 yards against. This means some teams got more then 267 yards and some less than 267 yards. In the NFCCG the Packers got more than the average allowed by Seattle when not at full strength with an injured QB. Yes injuries happen we all know that and I did not make any excuse. We both know that if Rodgers was at full strength the Packers would have had more than the 300 so Seattle was lucky on that.

Just be glad the special teams choked 3 times or you wouldnt have had the chance to play the next game.

Hey, 300 yards is great.

If you don't plan on winning.