• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RRSO: Scores Only

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yessssss

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Texas homers are always good for a laugh.

Like I said before this game, your Sooners were an ok team, not a great one, so it wasn't out of the question that Texas could pull the upset. But I was wrong, you boys sucked worse than I thought.....

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, your Sooners were an ok team, not a great one, so it wasn't out of the question that Texas could pull the upset. But I was wrong, you boys sucked worse than I thought.....

Yep, they sure did.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, it's not that out of the question for Texas to pull the upset. This Sooner is team is ok, nothing great by any means. Like Mike Belotti was saying yesterday, these types of games were the ones he hated the most. Where one team is favored and the other team is labeled as not having a chance whatsoever, especially in a rivalry. Says it gives coaches and players a chip on their shoulder and more motivation. Really, all that needs to happen is our defense just needs to tackle and stop the QB from making plays with his feet and this game will go either way. Unfortunately, our defensive players have no business playing D1 football.....

Best post of the thread, IMO. Although our defensive players proved they can play D1 football after all.....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on record. Texas has the worst defense in years. We cannot stop the qb run, and OU has a running qb. We cannot block, and we are without our starting LT. We have a brand new DC who has been unsuccessful in the past and an HC who is likely on his way out. We are without our starting QB.

With all that being said:

We will still somehow someway find a way to beat the Cheating Felonious Pussy Land Thieves.

Bevo: 35
CFPTH: 27

I stand corrected, Hizzle has the best post of this thread.....LOL, fuck the Cheating Felonious Pussy Land Thieves!!!!

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how are my predictions for this season holding up?

I predicted OU 8-4 based on suspect QB play but that certainly looks possible after Oklahoma has now lost two of its best defensive players for the year. (And Texas proved losing those two is a hell of a problem for the OU defense the rest of the season.) OU's 5-0 start made the 8-4 prediction look shaky but OU could easily start dropping games now that the offense and the defense both have significant problems.

And I predicted Texas to win the Big 12. LMAO at the OU fans who said I was crazy! I said Texas would end up in a BCS bowl and they damn well are positioned to do it too. My logic was UT has enough talent to overcome just about anything.....even off/on QB play.

The worm has turned hasn't it?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how are my predictions for this season holding up?

I predicted OU 8-4 based on suspect QB play but that certainly looks possible after Oklahoma has now lost two of its best defensive players for the year. (And Texas proved losing those two is a hell of a problem for the OU defense the rest of the season.) OU's 5-0 start made the 8-4 prediction look shaky but OU could easily start dropping games now that the offense and the defense both have significant problems.

And I predicted Texas to win the Big 12. LMAO at the OU fans who said I was crazy! I said Texas would end up in a BCS bowl and they damn well are positioned to do it too. My logic was UT has enough talent to overcome just about anything.....even off/on QB play.

The worm has turned hasn't it?

Goldbug, you are definitely the only realistic Sooner fan on this board, I'll give you that. I still don't know if we can win the Big 12 though. I just have a feeling we'll see the Texas team that was embarrassed by BYU and the team that should have lost to ISU again :doh:

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldbug, you are definitely the only realistic Sooner fan on this board, I'll give you that. I still don't know if we can win the Big 12 though. I just have a feeling we'll see the Texas team that was embarrassed by BYU and the team that should have lost to ISU again :doh:

You won't see that team again. That was completely off the scope and Texas just isn't that bad. I've been salving my wounds all morning by teasing my UT buddies that Mack can now save his job and if that happens then at least I can enjoy hearing about what a mess it would be to have the new AD replace him just short of getting the all-time win record as a Horns head coach. Or does the AD let Mack have another year and chance him having another solid 2014 too? I like Mack and hope it happens. The guy deserves some of the shit he gets but he has done wonders for the UT program. And the guy can recruit like a SOB. I do think he made a mistake not playing Tyrone Swoopes along the way and getting him ready to take over next year.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't see that team again. That was completely off the scope and Texas just isn't that bad. I've been salving my wounds all morning by teasing my UT buddies that Mack can now save his job and if that happens then at least I can enjoy hearing about what a mess it would be to have the new AD replace him just short of getting the all-time win record as a Horns head coach. Or does the AD let Mack have another year and chance him having another solid 2014 too? I like Mack and hope it happens. The guy deserves some of the shit he gets but he has done wonders for the UT program. And the guy can recruit like a SOB. I do think he made a mistake not playing Tyrone Swoopes along the way and getting him ready to take over next year.

Next year we will still have Ash for his senior season. Swoopes redshirting this year is good. He can play backup next year, then have 3 full years as a starter.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
i think it is basically over unless it is BCS. That would certainly complicate things. From what I heard there is a certain inertia going on at Belmont. Imagine putting together all the people involved in this type of decision. Once the the OK is given it is actually harder to change course.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see Swoopes starting over Ash. Ash will be a senior and will also be a team leader.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Swoopes starting over Ash. Ash will be a senior and will also be a team leader.

It does look that way on paper but I think he should have played for two reasons:

1. Case McCoy could go into the toilet at any point and you'd like to have Swoopes come in and play like he's taken some snaps in real game conditions.

2. Ash is OK...not great, but OK because he can manage a game. But Swoopes is going to be a S.T.U.D. and could take over the team next year when Ash gets his usual injuries. Swoopes will be good enough to go pro after his junior year. He's got the potential to make people ask "Vince who?".

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does look that way on paper but I think he should have played for two reasons:

1. Case McCoy could go into the toilet at any point and you'd like to have Swoopes come in and play like he's taken some snaps in real game conditions.

2. Ash is OK...not great, but OK because he can manage a game. But Swoopes is going to be a S.T.U.D. and could take over the team next year when Ash gets his usual injuries. Swoopes will be good enough to go pro after his junior year. He's got the potential to make people ask "Vince who?".
-
I think Ash has a ton of upside. I never got the meme that Ash was a game manager. He won a few games on his back with minimal running game. Looks like Swoopes will not play. Remember he came from 2A ball and came in very raw. He is not athletic enough to dominate with his legs. Overstreet was moved back to QB. You are dead right that one either Overstreet or Swoopes should have played some garbage time in the RRSO. Even if it is just to hand off the ball and run some zone read.