• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round 2 Targets for the Eagles

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of talent left and we pick 11th in the round.

RB: Dalvin Cook and Joe Mixon would represent great vaue at the RB spot; also keep an eye on Alvin Kamara and a guy the Eagles showed affection to Curtis Samuel who's a bit like McCaffrey.

CB: Still loads of talent at Corner. Would love either Kevin King or Chidobe Awuzie, but there's plenty more like Q Wilson, C Tankersly and Obi Melifonwu. Teez Tabor ran a slower 40 than expected, but at this point may be worth a snag.

WR: You still have really good prospects like Chris Godwin (big fan), Zay Jones and JuJu Smith Schuster.

DL: If you want to go overkill ... Malik McDowell

OL: Is Cam Robinson still available?? Forrest Lamp?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about CB Sidney Jones ... gotta consider him in Rd 2 as well

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to ignore Mixon or Kamarra if they are there and the need at corner is great.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally, we can get a corner like Kevin King or Cordrea Tankersley IMO.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Mixon or Dalvin Cook. They would complete the goal of giving Carson the weapons he needs. Somehow, Howie needs to get one of the top corners. Maybe Rasul Douglas in round 3? I doubt if he's there @ 99, so Howie needs to move up higher than 99.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Cook or Mixon making it to your spot in Round 2. Cook will go very early, Mixon soon afterwards.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cook could easily go to Green Bay with the first pick in Rd 2. They have also been tied to Mixon in some circles. I'm hoping some teams start trading up for QB's early in Rd 2 in order to have guys we need slide down.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, can't see GB not drafting a RB

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of talent left and we pick 11th in the round.

RB: Dalvin Cook and Joe Mixon would represent great vaue at the RB spot; also keep an eye on Alvin Kamara and a guy the Eagles showed affection to Curtis Samuel who's a bit like McCaffrey.

CB: Still loads of talent at Corner. Would love either Kevin King or Chidobe Awuzie, but there's plenty more like Q Wilson, C Tankersly and Obi Melifonwu. Teez Tabor ran a slower 40 than expected, but at this point may be worth a snag.

WR: You still have really good prospects like Chris Godwin (big fan), Zay Jones and JuJu Smith Schuster.

DL: If you want to go overkill ... Malik McDowell

OL: Is Cam Robinson still available?? Forrest Lamp?

I almost wouldn't mind going overkill and drafting McDowell. But I highly doubt they'd go that route. I'm not sure I like any of the WRs in the 2nd round -- but maybe the 3rd or 4th.

I'm wondering if the Eagles will trade down and target Fabian Moreau. He had a really good combine and seems to fit what Schwartz likes in cornerbacks. I think they have to go CB with their second pick -- unless they want to go McDowell or one of those offensive linemen falls and they think it's too good to pass up. My biggest problem with the CB crowd is that I don't think any of the remaining guys really jump out to me as good fits for Schwartz's defense. I guess we'll see.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true. Offense positions clearly take priority as last night showed (even if defense had more picks in the round). I do think Mixon and Cook are gone by our pick. If they are go CB. It if one is there save CB for third round.

Mentioned here but I would not be remiss to a trade up if it's reasonable and gets a second impact player in the second round. As long as it's reasonable. We saw plenty of unreasonable trade ups last night imo

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two solid needs: RB and CB.

It would be hard to argue against BPA at either of those positions.

I would hate to go into a season without a top level RB however I think this big o-line may be very good and a RB will thrive here this season. I'm not scared of character issue in Cook or Mixon.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true. Offense positions clearly take priority as last night showed (even if defense had more picks in the round). I do think Mixon and Cook are gone by our pick. If they are go CB. It if one is there save CB for third round.

Mentioned here but I would not be remiss to a trade up if it's reasonable and gets a second impact player in the second round. As long as it's reasonable. We saw plenty of unreasonable trade ups last night imo

Man, I really wanted them to sneak back into the 1st round for Foster -- but I don't think they could have offered a better deal than San Francisco offered. Such a shame. He's going to be so good. I'm really underwhelmed by the remaining CBs. I was hoping for White or Jackson and they went way higher than I anticipated.

At this point, do we draft Sidney Jones in the 3rd and try to put a bandaid on the CBs for another year? What's the deal with Jason McCourty? There may be some other CBs available. I just don't want them to go CB in the 2nd because it's a need when some of the guys available don't seem like great fits.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at corner.

I like Moreau, Witherspoon or Desmond King. Not sure if 43 is early for either, but 99 would be too late.

Wilson and Tabor are options too.

Budda Baker or Melifonwu anyone?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two solid needs: RB and CB.

It would be hard to argue against BPA at either of those positions.

I would hate to go into a season without a top level RB however I think this big o-line may be very good and a RB will thrive here this season. I'm not scared of character issue in Cook or Mixon.

If we add a back here in round 2 so be it, but I really think we can go to battle this year with Smallwood, Sproles and a later back like James Conner. The way we upgraded at WR really allows this. The offense is significantly better.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I would love to get Cook or Mixon in Rd 2 ... you can get guys like Kareem Hunt or Elijah McGuire (kid I really like) later.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Kendricks be traded today? We may have to package something to move up to get our guy.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who plays WLB?
My guess is that they will be looking into the draft? I'm thinking of saving cap space and adding a pick. That is for the Eagles brass to decide. Just throwing it out there.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that they will be looking into the draft? I'm thinking of saving cap space and adding a pick. That is for the Eagles brass to decide. Just throwing it out there.

I like adding a pick too, but so do the other teams and they value their cap space too. And ultimately we don't need cap space at this point.

Maybe Kendricks plays better his second year in the system?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at corner.

I like Moreau, Witherspoon or Desmond King. Not sure if 43 is early for either, but 99 would be too late.

Wilson and Tabor are options too.

Budda Baker or Melifonwu anyone?

Since we play so many 5 DB sets, it wouldn't hurt to have Jenkins, McLeod, and Baker all on the field. A lot of teams are running with multiple safeties or hybrid DB formations. I could live with it.