• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rosen News

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is great.

But if he continues to be the worst starting QB in football, his cap number isn't helping us win games.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

In the case of Alex Smith, sometimes you don't.

Actually, his cap number can still help us win games because we can spend money elsewhere. Alex Smith destroyed our cap health for a guy who at best is mediocre.

Rosen is NO RISK, high reward for us. If he develops, then great. If he doesn’t, we are out league minimum for a starting QB that will help us get the number one overall pick in 2020.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodgers had 3 seasons where he was sacked at or near 50 times including last season. Hard to tell what that stat means without seeing it in full context.

Was the Cards OL good yet Rosen was still sacked? Was it the fault of both? Is it perhaps related to inexperience where Rosen can learn from his mistakes in this area? I don't have the answers to these questions - perhaps others do. Just saying that this stat on its own doesn't mean a lot.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, his cap number can still help us win games because we can spend money elsewhere. Alex Smith destroyed our cap health for a guy who at best is mediocre.

Rosen is NO RISK, high reward for us. If he develops, then great. If he doesn’t, we are out league minimum for a starting QB that will help us get the number one overall pick in 2020.
Finally, a f*ckn thinker around here. "If" and a BIG "If", we can get Rosen for a 3rd, its a no-brainer people. The guy has arm talent, took his licks on a very poorly coached team last year and WILL improve. Great fit for us and Gruden at an affordable price I must say. Like GK says, this will allow us to spend elsewhere in order to put talent around him say, Metcalf at 15 or better yet, trade out of 15 with Raiders and pick up an Edge rusher and LG with the two late first rounders from Raiders.
Whatever the case may be, a 3rd for Rosen is a steal!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure.

Assuming the price is the 3rd round compensatory pick it is no risk.

But I fear the cost will be higher.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, a f*ckn thinker around here. "If" and a BIG "If", we can get Rosen for a 3rd, its a no-brainer people. The guy has arm talent, took his licks on a very poorly coached team last year and WILL improve. Great fit for us and Gruden at an affordable price I must say. Like GK says, this will allow us to spend elsewhere in order to put talent around him say, Metcalf at 15 or better yet, trade out of 15 with Raiders and pick up an Edge rusher and LG with the two late first rounders from Raiders.
Whatever the case may be, a 3rd for Rosen is a steal!

I am fine with a 3rd.

But again, he has no chance to be our franchise QB. As a cheap stopgap to help us tank, ok. But I would prefer the Peterman for that job.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen's first season in the NFL he was 21, and played for a God awful Cardinals team. Just turned 22 in February.

Let that sink in for a minute.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t know who will be at 15 .

Jermiah's new mock has Lock falling to #15. I just cant see the Dolphins passing on him. Depends where Rosen goes. Jones wasn't even in the first round.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermiah's new mock has Lock falling to #15. I just cant see the Dolphins passing on him. Depends where Rosen goes. Jones wasn't even in the first round.

Everything I've read says Elway is in love with him. Cooley says he's the second best QB in the draft behind Murray and there is a major dropoff after those two.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the pundits dont really know because things will happen ,

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one thing you guys overlook with regard to Rosen...his cap hits for us would only be

2019- 570k
2020- 660k
2021- 750k
2022 rights

Wow!! That's really inexpensive for a shit ton of interceptions and 3 and outs. Looking at this, I've changed my mind, give up the 3rd and let the non-tanking, tanking, begin.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont go after Rosen unless you think he takes you to the playoffs this season and in the the future . You sign josh Johnson if you are quitting on the season before it starts

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the statements regarding Rosen here are questionable at best. He was a rookie playing on a bad team where the coach was fired. Again - could someone please tell me if the issues for Rosen were entirely his fault or perhaps the fault of the coaches, OL, etc.

Do some of you folks forget how poorly Goff did in his initial season? Funny how another year in the NFL along with better weapons & an upgraded coaching staff made him such a better QB. I am not stating whether Rosen is that good or not - just questioning this kneejerk reaction that he will always suck in the NFL. We will see how this pans out.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont go after Rosen unless you think he takes you to the playoffs this season and in the the future . You sign josh Johnson if you are quitting on the season before it starts

So obtaining Rosen has to either be going to the playoffs ASAP or it means tanking? LOL. Can you perhaps add a little more hyperbole to your reply?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the statements regarding Rosen here are questionable at best. He was a rookie playing on a bad team where the coach was fired. Again - could someone please tell me if the issues for Rosen were entirely his fault or perhaps the fault of the coaches, OL, etc.

Do some of you folks forget how poorly Goff did in his initial season? Funny how another year in the NFL along with better weapons & an upgraded coaching staff made him such a better QB. I am not stating whether Rosen is that good or not - just questioning this kneejerk reaction that he will always suck in the NFL. We will see how this pans out.
His o/ line was awful , I have posted videos on him and he does throw well . Judging him on a rookie season alone is foolish

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So obtaining Rosen has to either be going to the playoffs ASAP or it means tanking? LOL. Can you perhaps add a little more hyperbole to your reply?
Reread that , I said next season and in the future , and signing josh Johnson is tanking . Signing TB isn’t in an addition that . Now why trade for a young Rosen unless you think he is your guy ? You traded for him to win games not go 3 -13. We can do that with colt and josh

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reread that , I said next season and in the future , and signing josh Johnson is tanking . Signing TB isn’t in an addition that . Now why trade for a young Rosen unless you think he is your guy ? You traded for him to win games not go 3 -13. We can do that with colt and josh

You trade a third for him so you increase his future value. Give him the job this season, possibly draft your future in 2020, start Rosen in 2020, and trade Rosen for first round picks in the future. That is why you trade for Rosen. Hell, Rosen is cheaper than Josh.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You trade a third for him so you increase his future value. Give him the job this season, possibly draft your future in 2020, start Rosen in 2020, and trade Rosen for first round picks in the future. That is why you trade for Rosen. Hell, Rosen is cheaper than Josh.
So we pay a mere 3rd rounder for him and expect first round picks when he fails here ? Right ! Not happening . You trade for him because he is an answer not a place holder