• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Robert Kraft tells CNN he wants Tom Brady to sign a one-day contract and retire as a New England Patriot

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't retire a Patriot, or better yet goes into the HOF as a Buc, I would consider that burning Kraft. Kraft brought the dude into the NFL when nobody else wanted him and was family to the guy for 20 years. The championships were a TEAM effort. Not all Brady.
Yeah not going in as a Patriot is a big fuck you to the organization and Brady just does not seem that petty to me

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not going in as a Patriot is a big fuck you to the organization and Brady just does not seem that petty to me

If he were inducted today I'm not sure what his actions would be(I mean, he did flirt with the Dolphins) but fortunately there's going to be time for him to take it all in before that decision needs to be made. I'm assuming the majority of us on this board are a bit older and we all know from experience that time heals most wounds and also puts things back into perspective.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it was more likely Brady's agent and not Brady. I can't agree that this was a kick in the nuts to Kraft, neither of them owed the other anything at this point. Seems like a real stretch to me to put that on Brady. But it also seems par for the course for this board.
And Brady and his agent didn't discuss before, after or during?
C'mon...
For me it's about the hypocrisy.
Brady was a players union rep for the CBA.
He agreed on the rules for players and teams to follow.
Then doesn't abide by them?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have previously mentioned that riding the E train back from Foxborough, I chatted with a member of Patriots staff.
We talked mostly about the game but then I asked, "who's the biggest dick when not on camera?"
His response was definite and quick, "Brady" I don't care if he is an asshole, he is/was our asshole.
If he wants to be a dick and go in the Hall as a Buc, he is free to do that, and if/when he does, I'll call him a dick and be done with it.
He's still the GOAT!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon...
I am sure the agent and player talk a lot but saying that conversation if it took place was to burn Kraft is asinine IMO. Again I am not sure Brady broke any rules and neither are you. If the Phins know TB12 is FA an comment about "we would like brady in Miami" and his agent responds that is not on Brady and not a burn to Kraft who let him go.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have previously mentioned that riding the E train back from Foxborough, I chatted with a member of Patriots staff.
We talked mostly about the game but then I asked, "who's the biggest dick when not on camera?"
His response was definite and quick, "Brady" I don't care if he is an asshole, he is/was our asshole.
If he wants to be a dick and go in the Hall as a Buc, he is free to do that, and if/when he does, I'll call him a dick and be done with it.
He's still the GOAT!
Mehhh not buying into any of that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon...
Brady was tricked by Ross and thought he was meeting someone else - not Dolphin staff.
Ross and staff were guilty, Brady was not.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady was tricked by Ross and thought he was meeting someone else - not Dolphin staff.
Ross and staff were guilty, Brady was not.

Say what? Brady was tricked into meeting Ross on his yacht? While simultaneously putting his MA home up for sale?

So Flores was lying about that?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what? Brady was tricked into meeting Ross on his yacht? While simultaneously putting his MA home up for sale?

So Flores was lying about that?
Flores told the truth.
Beal was instructed by Ross to set up a lunch with Brady and another person. Brady went and found that Beal was who he was really meeting.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still the GOAT!
Idk … he could be seen as a dick sometimes before or after a game I suppose because of his unworldly intensity… but he was also known to treat everyone with respect … he never threw anyone under the bus during ‘Deflategate’ that I heard of … I think that staff member may have just had sour grapes for a personal reason … my take anyway

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying the conversation did not happen or you diagreeing with the staff members assessment?
I'm saying no one knows what the mood of the staff member was, how many times he dealt with Brady or if he was just firing for affect.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure the agent and player talk a lot but saying that conversation if it took place was to burn Kraft is asinine IMO. Again I am not sure Brady broke any rules and neither are you. If the Phins know TB12 is FA an comment about "we would like brady in Miami" and his agent responds that is not on Brady and not a burn to Kraft who let him go.
I never said that it was to burn Kraft or in any way aimed directly at Kraft.
If I remember correctly, Brady met with Ross on his yacht while under contract. Maybe a rule for team owners and team officials not to meet with players, but if an owner invites you for a day trip on his yacht and you go, while he is technically breaking the rules and you are not technically breaking the rules...you're breaking the fucking rules.

And Ross lost a first, a third and $1.5 mil if I remember correctly.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that it was to burn Kraft or in any way aimed directly at Kraft.
If I remember correctly, Brady met with Ross on his yacht while under contract. Maybe a rule for team owners and team officials not to meet with players, but if an owner invites you for a day trip on his yacht and you go, while he is technically breaking the rules and you are not technically breaking the rules...you're breaking the fucking rules.

And Ross lost a first, a third and $1.5 mil if I remember correctly.
Alright. This is all moot anyway no sense in bantering back and forth.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’d be like going into the HOF acknowledging one SB (during a pandemic abbreviated year that should have an asterisk*) and not the other six.
But I asked at the beginning of this thread what if he declined Krafts offer … being aware that this would at the least be a marketing favor for Kraft (hence the cracks about the caps). Face it, Brady leaving the Patriots as a forty-two(?) year old QB was one of the biggest business blunders of Krafts career. To give Bobby the cold-shoulder about something as trivial as this retirement party would put a giant dent in the Kraft legacy.
I gotta say, I’ll be shocked …

*this part was sarcastic

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face it, Brady leaving the Patriots as a forty-two(?) year old QB was one of the biggest business blunders of Krafts career.

I'm going to continue to disagree with this sentiment that is shared widely across Patriots nation. The Pats needed to start their rebuild and Brady was miserable his last year in NE(looking at you N'Keal). It was time for all parties to move on IMO. Brady should be thrilled by the fact that he was able to go to a Super Bowl primed team and win a SB his first year in rather than lingering through a rebuild in NE that may have never brought him another ring. No idea why Brady would be unhappy about anything that transpired all in his favor.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been around the globe. I have been treated well everywhere - including the US.
However, In New York there are some nice people - and some others that you ask for directions this way:

Can you tell me how too get to_______? Or should I go fuck myself?
In the case of NY, this is just a guess, the more people means more assholes. Using a light bulb for an analogy, assholes shine much brighter than the rest of us so NY is a pretty bright place.