• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivalry week Random games and observations

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started this thread to talk about "Random games and observations", because apparently no one else was going to do it? I never actually thought that NMSU would pull off the win over Liberty. They were talking about Liberty getting a NY6 game a few weeks ago. But NMSU pulled off a HUGE UPSET, why is that not worthy of being mentioned? It was a football game, wasn't it? If that was a bb score then I apologize.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh man, the Ducks coug'd it when shooting their mouths off all week that this would be an easy curb stomp.

To sum it up:

UW>Beavs>D*cks.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you admit you NEVER played a collegiate sport then? My guess is you didn't even make the varsity team for your high school, either?

Some random article means nothing, I've read all kinds of articles written by idiots claiming idiotic things.
Where did you play?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just posting to incite crap
It’s cool, I actually tried to throw him a bone and comment on one of his posts that wasn’t totally nuts. Won’t happen again.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you play?
I never claimed I played collegiate sports. I asked if he did. I thought it was relevant since he was disparaging the character of an entire football team and indirectly was stealing the glory away from a team that pulled off a big upset.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never claimed I played collegiate sports. I asked if he did. I thought it was relevant since he was disparaging the character of an entire football team and indirectly was stealing the glory away from a team that pulled off a big upset.
ah, I read it as, You saying "my point is more valid than yours because I played."

Which is a BS argument.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know LeGarrette Blount had a kid old enough to play ball.

:D
I'm sure Lanning with summon his inner Chip Kelly and will get up in front of a podium and claim that "we shouldn't suspend him for the bowl game because that would hurt his potential with a career in the NFL."

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah, I read it as, You saying "my point is more valid than yours because I played."

Which is a BS argument.
No, that was not my argument. I'm fine with dropping it for now, as there are lots of other games going on still.

How about that catch by that Oklahoma player? OMG, wouldn't shock me if that is ESPN's play of the week.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG what a scramble by USCw QB, Fran Tarkenton s***.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching LSU vs A& M. The Espn announcers are making a case for LSU to get into the playoff with a defeat of Georgia.
Assuming that Michigan wins, and TCU loses LSU would have to jump a 1 loss TCU, and a 1 loss Ohio State and possibly a 1 loss Sothern California.

But given that situation, why would they not jump the 1 loss team that they beat, that being Georgia.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching LSU vs A& M. The Espn announcers are making a case for LSU to get into the playoff with a defeat of Georgia.
Assuming that Michigan wins, and TCU loses LSU would have to jump a 1 loss TCU, and a 1 loss Ohio State and possibly a 1 loss Sothern California.

But given that situation, why would they not jump the 1 loss team that they beat, that being Georgia.
Yeah the SEC champ is in no question and LSU would go ahead of Georgia. TCU isn’t losing though.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure I'd want to be a Committee member in a situation like that, lol. So I got a feeling a ton of fans will be cheering for Georgia to win the CCG. Would make things a lot easier. And either TCU or USC losing their CCG would also make things much easier to figure out as well.

Again I'll say, the 12 team playoff can't come soon enough.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the SEC champ is in no question and LSU would go ahead of Georgia. TCU isn’t losing though.
When I said jump, what I meant was Georgia is out if Southern Cal, TCU and Michigan all win. Even a 1 Loss TCU or Ohio State.
LSU could not jump Georgia (knocking them out) unless one of the three I mentioned loses. I really don't see how a 1 loss non champ gets in over a one loss power five champ.
None of this is to say that the first team left out could not win the national if they were in it. It is just who gets in.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I said jump, what I meant was Georgia is out if Southern Cal, TCU and Michigan all win. Even a 1 Loss TCU or Ohio State.
LSU could not jump Georgia (knocking them out) unless one of the three I mentioned loses. I really don't see how a 1 loss non champ gets in over a one loss power five champ.
None of this is to say that the first team left out could not win the national if they were in it. It is just who gets in.
Here’s some real craziness. LSU is losing to A&M. They lose they are out even if they were to beat Georgia. Right?