• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Hagler:

120646fa8ba3c71e5ec8427e36650fa19dad39c1.jpg

RIP

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"...Fighting the effects of the vaccine..."

Nope. Here's the fact check. His wife refuted that already, but some idiots want to believe dumb shit and they share it without checking on whether it's true or not.

RIP, Champ. The guy had his name legally changed to Marvelous Marvin. That's pretty dope.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
RIP, Champ. The guy had his name legally changed to Marvelous Marvin. That's pretty dope.
apparently he wanted to make sure that ring announcers said the Marvelous part.

this one is hitting me quite hard - cant figure out why, as i haven't thought about him for a lot of years.
I guess when I was growing up, he was just the epitome of invincible.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this one is hitting me quite hard - cant figure out why, as i haven't thought about him for a lot of years.

I Would have to say he was my favourite boxer. I think I was too young to appreciate Ali but Marvelous was right in my impressionable years. Losing him that young is terrible. RIP

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Here's the fact check. His wife refuted that already, but some idiots want to believe dumb shit and they share it without checking on whether it's true or not.

I took mine from the article. It quoted, what seemed a reliable source, at the time.

At least I didn't call people names...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think why these hit us hard is because we are getting older and the folks we enjoyed when were are younger are old and dying, I am with you on that.

Watching probably my two favorites growing up having the best round ever was amazing.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took mine from the article. It quoted, what seemed a reliable source, at the time.

At least I didn't call people names...

No source is a reliable source until verified. Double check everything. Was referring to the global problem more than you specifically, but sorry I insulted you. Just so frustrating that in the "age of information" we have FACTS contested, misreported, guessed at, and interpreted as often as they are.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No source is a reliable source until verified. Double check everything. Was referring to the global problem more than you specifically, but sorry I insulted you. Just so frustrating that in the "age of information" we have FACTS contested, misreported, guessed at, and interpreted as often as they are.

Apology accepted.

And, of course, you're correct we needn't jump off any bridges until we have proof that we need to jump.

I'm glad his wife and family have made statement correcting the initial report.