• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Documentary Links Peyton Manning To Human Growth Hormone Shipments via Deadspin

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I hear he lines them up and hands them out like communion wafers. They call him Pete the priest!

I can just picture you sitting there for two minutes thinking this up after the first time you replied to this post.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to match foreheads with her husband? This whole thing is getting stupid. Why can't we have a NFL where the players aren't juiced to the gills. They're all juicing. What's with the whole "trial period" for HGH testing anyway? Why not try a league with a comprehensive drug testing policy and watch guys who aren't chemically enhanced play football? They'll still be really good at it and I'm sure it will be entertaining.
im just waiting for us to collectively give up on football. And go back to Gladiators.

And the dozens and dozens of Gladiator movies that will follow....

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, this league is a joke. It's worse than MLB in the 90's. Somebody really needs to step in and clean this crap up because nobody here knows what their team would look like if only the clean players show up. Everybody just accepts it as well. Brain damage? Better them than me! I'm just looking for an excuse to slam some beers on Sunday and live vicariously through someone else!

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize you are attacking Sonny, one of the most rational posters on these boards, right?

I felt same but after some of his posts yesterday, fell of the wagon some I guess, pun intended.

Him claiming no story that Manning is a drug user just because he heard an intern said that Manning was one. Little bit gullible there guy. Let's let it ride out and get the truth first.

Then claiming Ref's fault for overtime coin flip controversy. Join in Monday night 8:00 pm ET as Jesse Ventura exposes the Jet's/Pat's conspiracy.

j/k guy.. Poking fun right homer.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt same but after some of his posts yesterday, fell of the wagon some I guess, pun intended.

Him claiming no story that Manning is a drug user just because he heard an intern said that Manning was one. Little bit gullible there guy. Let's let it ride out and get the truth first.

Then claiming Ref's fault for overtime coin flip controversy. Join in Monday night 8:00 pm ET as Jesse Ventura exposes the Jet's/Pat's conspiracy.

Can't fault him for the coin flip thing, it did have a bit of appearance of it being a mistake, and he probably commented before the post game presser.

And if you want a conspiracy theory lets go with,

Did the Pats lose on purpose? We need someone to match up the timelines of the Pitt v Ravens and the Pats v Jets.

Notice the Pats didn't try to score with nearly 2 minutes to go in the half. What was the status of the Pitt game at that point?

Then they didn't really try at the end of the 4th with 30 or so left. What was the status of the Pitt game at that point?

Pitt game ends and Pats Ravs head to OT. Pats give up game knowing it works against Pitt and knowing they should be able to handle Miami next week.

889e6c9e8f8368ee8d60779964ae9571.jpg

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,291.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really shocked about this with the size of his forehead?

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't fault him for the coin flip thing, it did have a bit of appearance of it being a mistake, and he probably commented before the post game presser.

And if you want a conspiracy theory lets go with,

Did the Pats lose on purpose? We need someone to match up the timelines of the Pitt v Ravens and the Pats v Jets.

Notice the Pats didn't try to score with nearly 2 minutes to go in the half. What was the status of the Pitt game at that point?

Then they didn't really try at the end of the 4th with 30 or so left. What was the status of the Pitt game at that point?

Pitt game ends and Pats Ravs head to OT. Pats give up game knowing it works against Pitt and knowing they should be able to handle Miami next week.

View attachment 70731

I get ya but same time we all know win's are never guaranteed. So Belichick put on the line home field advantage throughout the playoffs just to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keystone I guess you must be new here or don't know sarcasm. I said that I didn't care that Peyton was a druggie ha ha ha guess humour isn't your schtick just aq joke comparing HGH to crack, meth coke. I never come on here bashing about teams or players. I love fucking with hammer though cause Brady is a rapist, he fucked Hammer's mind

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keystone I guess you must be new here or don't know sarcasm. I said that I didn't care that Peyton was a druggie ha ha ha guess humour isn't your schtick just aq joke comparing HGH to crack, meth coke. I never come on here bashing about teams or players. I love fucking with hammer though cause Brady is a rapist, he fucked Hammer's mind

Good morning Sonny. I am fairly new here 6 - 8 months or so I guess. Not new to forums though, go back to beginning of the espn boards.

Help me out here, missed that sense of humor you talk of when you responded to my defense of Manning on drug use.

Keystone:
You should appreciate the company..

Sonny:
Dont get it I dont care for druggies or associate with them so smarten the fuck up

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, do you guys actually think most NFL athletes are clean? I suspect nearly every NFL athlete has taken performance enhancing drugs at some point in their careers, either for gaining weight/muscle or for recovery after serious injuries. I suspect nearly all offensive and defensive linemen in particular. When these guys come back from crippling fractures and ligament tears in weeks' time, what do you think is going on, blueberry smoothies?

This New York Times column sums it up well:

The shock is not that this fading star is reported in an investigative documentary by Al Jazeera to have obtained human growth hormone. He denies this, vehemently, angrily, and we’ll get to his protestations.

Rather the shock would be to discover that more than a few men in this morally compromised sport are completely clean. In the last two decades, the weight of N.F.L. linemen has jumped by 50, 60, 70 pounds, and men the size of linebackers play wide receiver. At the draft combine, teams weigh in players like so many steers and then chart their every improbable sprint, vertical jump and bench press.

Players are bigger, faster, heavier, which leads to more brain-dissolving concussions, heart attacks, and ligaments and joints stretched to the breaking point. Would you blame any of these battered men — a majority of whom can have their contracts ripped up after the first torn ligament — for popping a pill, slipping a syringe under the skin or lying back after a game and smoking a fat one? As a dope trafficker claimed in Al Jazeera’s documentary, one football player began using and saw his contract jump to $2 million per year, from $400,000.

“Football and doping kind of go hand in hand: big strong men who crush each other and recover from injury faster,” noted Roger A. Pielke Jr., a professor at the University of Colorado Boulder who studies sports drug testing and governance.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/28/s...p-stories-below&WT.nav=top-stories-below&_r=0

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning Sonny. I am fairly new here 6 - 8 months or so I guess. Not new to forums though, go back to beginning of the espn boards.

Help me out here, missed that sense of humor you talk of when you responded to my defense of Manning on drug use.

Keystone:
You should appreciate the company..

Sonny:
Dont get it I dont care for druggies or associate with them so smarten the fuck up

Good morning KS what does you should enjoy the company mean? I assume you mean Pats players, but joked that i thought you meant I hang with drug users. I have never bashed a player or another teams. Lots of trolls and holy rollers here who live in glass houses. Just a poke at Hammer, but i could give a rat's ass if Peyton took HGH, but personally I highly highly doubt he did

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning KS what does you should enjoy the company mean? I assume you mean Pats players, but joked that i thought you meant I hang with drug users. I have never bashed a player or another teams. Lots of trolls and holy rollers here who live in glass houses. Just a poke at Hammer, but i could give a rat's ass if Peyton took HGH, but personally I highly highly doubt he did

It had zero to do with you. RobBase was being an idiot in stating among many other stupid posts:
"To who? Peyton HGH ball lickers? Who cares.

Just responded to Rob that he should enjoy the company far as ball lickers go.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had zero to do with you. RobBase was being an idiot in stating among many other stupid posts:
"To who? Peyton HGH ball lickers? Who cares.

Just responded to Rob that he should enjoy the company far as ball lickers go.

I hear ya man but you quoted me. Hammer starts 10 threads bashing Brady and defends Manning like a momma, so Rob was just giving him a little medicine. I doubt anyone thinks that Peyton would take anything illegal or to taint his HOF legend. Brady has his HGH sent to the ball boys and not his wife, his bulging muscles give that away

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I missed some good bickering here.
Whatever - I don't care if Peyton took HGH to help heal from the surgery or whatever.
I also don't trust the media. They're all whores........

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was really hoping there'd be more Manning apologists than this.

But he's not as good looking as Tom, so it makes sense.

Phegs...

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya man but you quoted me. Hammer starts 10 threads bashing Brady and defends Manning like a momma, so Rob was just giving him a little medicine. I doubt anyone thinks that Peyton would take anything illegal or to taint his HOF legend. Brady has his HGH sent to the ball boys and not his wife, his bulging muscles give that away

Pretty sure I quoted RobBase, take a look at my post 1:16 pm on Sunday. Unless he took that from a prior post of yours that I missed, I might have missed parts of an ongoing battle between you guys..

Either way agree with NEPatsfan in that you keep a level head with your posts. Is why your response back to me caught me off guard some.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I quoted RobBase, take a look at my post 1:16 pm on Sunday. Unless he took that from a prior post of yours that I missed, I might have missed parts of an ongoing battle between you guys..

Either way agree with NEPatsfan in that you keep a level head with your posts. Is why your response back to me caught me off guard some.

Your 100% right and I mistook your quote that was for Rob , my bad and apologies. We dont have any feud on going because we are from the same camp Brady supporters or ballhuggers as they refer to on here, Het I criticize Brady if he has a bad game and only defend him from obsurd comments.