• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Renewed and Canceled TV Shows

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS needs to put the laugh tracks away. I think that is why they are losing viewers. The shows themselves are not bad (although Broke seems juvenile).

Highly recommend the Social Proof chapter of Robert Cialdini's book Influence. The whole book really. But the Social Proof chapter has a fascinating discussion of why laugh tracks are so prevalent, despite the fact that everyone universally hates them.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/7: History has canceled its scripted dramas Knightfall and Project Blue Book after 2 seasons.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/8: Upload (Prime Video) renewed for a 2nd season.

5/8: CBS has ordered just 3 new shows for the 2020-21 season (so far): a reboot of The Equalizer starring Queen Latifah, a Silence of the Lambs sequel called Clarice, and the Chuck Lorre sitcom B Positive (which was the only pilot to complete filming for any network this spring).

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Equalizer starring Queen Latifah......Oh hell NO. If you are going to do this, why HER? She is fat.

"THE EQUALIZER is a reimagining of the classic series starring Academy Award nominee and multi-hyphenate Queen Latifah (“Chicago,” “Bessie”) as an enigmatic woman with a mysterious background who uses her extensive skills to help those with nowhere else to turn."

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Equalizer starring Queen Latifah......Oh hell NO. If you are going to do this, why HER? She is fat.

"THE EQUALIZER is a reimagining of the classic series starring Academy Award nominee and multi-hyphenate Queen Latifah (“Chicago,” “Bessie”) as an enigmatic woman with a mysterious background who uses her extensive skills to help those with nowhere else to turn."
Will they never learn?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That just sounds awful. I liked the first movie with Denzel because I could at least buy him in that role. But her???

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just sounds awful. I liked the first movie with Denzel because I could at least buy him in that role. But her???
I could see some kind of fit chic in the roll. Demi Moore did a great job in GI Jane. Get someone line Gina Carano or Charlotte Flair (someone who can act, of course, but the imagery is important).

An old fat chic with no athletic background? I don’t think so.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see some kind of fit chic in the roll. Demi Moore did a great job in GI Jane. Get someone line Gina Carano or Charlotte Flair (someone who can act, of course, but the imagery is important).

An old fat chic with no athletic background? I don’t think so.
Most definitely. I think Maggie Q would've been someone I could buy in that role.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most definitely. I think Maggie Q would've been someone I could buy in that role.
She has done the genre before, so OK, but I always thought she was too Waite for the type, personally.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/12: The CW has ordered two additional new shows for the 2020-21 season: a female-led reboot of Kung Fu produced by Greg Berlanti, and quirky high school drama The Republic of Sarah. These will join the previously ordered Superman & Lois and Walker, Texas Ranger reboot Walker on the network's schedule next season (though likely not until 2021).

5/12: Room 104 (HBO) is ending with its 4th season, which will launch in July.

5/12: Alternatino With Arturo Castro has been renewed for a 2nd season, but not by Comedy Central. Instead, the show will move to Quibi next season.

5/11: Tell Me a Story (CBS All Access) canceled after 2 seasons. But The CW has acquired both existing seasons and will likely broadcast them once it runs out new programming later this year.

5/11: The CW has also acquired second-run rights to DC Universe original Swamp Thing, Canadian drama Coroner, and UK comedy Dead Pixels. All will be used to compensate for a lack of new CW content caused by coronavirus-related production delays.

5/11: Fox has announced its preliminary 2020-21 lineup and with it orders for just three new shows: the Mayim Bialik comedy Call Me Kat and animated series The Great North and Housebroken (with all three held back until 2021). However, two new shows previously ordered for the current 2019-20 season, Filthy Rich and neXt, will now debut in the fall alongside new seasons of all of Fox's animated shows and several reality shows. In addition, Fox will air the first season of L.A.'s Finest, which was previously available to Spectrum cable customers. Along with the announcements comes an official 11th season renewal for Bob's Burgers. Fox shows that have not been renewed include LEGO Masters, Last Man Standing, Outmatched, Prodigal Son, and The Resident; it is unclear if any of these will return (they haven't explicitly been canceled, but the omissions can't be a good sign). @UVA_Guy81, sorry man. It's not looking good.

5/11: Dave (FXX) renewed for a 2nd season.

Last edited:

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/12: The latest movie to skip theaters and head straight to streaming is Hamilton, a filmed version of the hit Broadway musical. It'll debut on Disney+ on July 3.

5/11: Previously delayed, this year's Cannes Film Festival has been canceled. Organizers will announce what would have been the festival's official screening selections sometime in June, but the films won't actually be available to screen in any form.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/12: The CW has ordered two additional new shows for the 2020-21 season: a female-led reboot of Kung Fu produced by Greg Berlanti, and quirky high school drama The Republic of Sarah. These will join the previously ordered Superman & Lois and Walker, Texas Ranger reboot Walker on the network's schedule next season (though likely not until 2021).

5/12: Room 104 (HBO) is ending with its 4th season, which will launch in July.

5/12: Alternatino With Arturo Castro has been renewed for a 2nd season, but not by Comedy Central. Instead, the show will move to Quibi next season.

5/11: Tell Me a Story (CBS All Access) canceled after 2 seasons. But The CW has acquired both existing seasons and will likely broadcast them once it runs out new programming later this year.

5/11: The CW has also acquired second-run rights to DC Universe original Swamp Thing, Canadian drama Coroner, and UK comedy Dead Pixels. All will be used to compensate for a lack of new CW content caused by coronavirus-related production delays.

5/11: Fox has announced its preliminary 2020-21 lineup and with it orders for just three new shows: the Mayim Bialik comedy Call Me Kat and animated series The Great North and Housebroken (with all three held back until 2021). However, two new shows previously ordered for the current 2019-20 season, Filthy Rich and neXt, will now debut in the fall alongside new seasons of all of Fox's animated shows and several reality shows. In addition, Fox will air the first season of L.A.'s Finest, which was previously available to Spectrum cable customers. Along with the announcements comes an official 11th season renewal for Bob's Burgers. Fox shows that have not been renewed include LEGO Masters, Last Man Standing, Outmatched, Prodigal Son, and The Resident; it is unclear if any of these will return (they haven't explicitly been canceled, but the omissions can't be a good sign). @UVA_Guy81, sorry man. It's not looking good.

5/11: Dave (FXX) renewed for a 2nd season.
Looks like if Prodigal Son gets a 2nd season, it'll have to be a shortened season in the Spring, unless they can pull off what they were trying to do with Last Man Standing this past season and just air a full season's worth of episodes straight through starting in January. But if it does get cancelled, at least it got a decent ending.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/13: USA has canceled first-year drama Treadstone and second-year drama The Purge. Expect fewer scripted shows on USA in the future.

5/13: A Little Late With Lilly Singh (NBC) renewed for a 2nd season.

5/12: BET has renewed its first-year Tyler Perry shows The Oval and Sistas.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/13: The delayed hidden-camera prank movie Bad Trip, which had been scheduled for a theatrical release in April, will now skip theaters and head straight to Netflix (date tbd).

5/13: Disney will now attempt to release its oft-delayed X-Men spinoff The New Mutants in theaters on August 28. The film's most recent delay (from a planned April 3 release) was caused by theater closings, though previous delays (dating back to 2018) were not virus-related.

5/13: Showtime has rescheduled its delayed docuseries Love Fraud for an August 30 launch.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/14: The Good Fight (CBS All Access) renewed for a 5th season. However, the current 4th season will wrap up early (on May 28), with the network opting not to produce the three unfilmed episodes affected by the current production shutdown.

5/14: The CW revealed that a renew/cancel decision for Katy Keene will come at a later time (as will decisions on adding any additional shows for next season, including potential Arrow and The 100 spinoffs now in development). Production shutdowns will also cause the network to hold back all of its new and returning 2020-21 scripted programming until January at the earliest.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/14: The Good Fight (CBS All Access) will end its 4th season early on May 28, with the network opting not to attempt to film the season's final three episodes. (The show will return for a 5th season, however.)

5/14: Warner Bros. will no longer release the upcoming movie Clouds in theaters, Instead, it will head straight to Disney+ this summer.

5/14: The delayed final seven episodes of Supernatural are now set to air on The CW this fall (contingent upon being able to resume production on two which remain unfilmed). In other CW news, the network is delaying the 2020-21 launch of all of its new and returning scripted shows until January 2021 at the earliest, and will fill its fall schedule with shows acquired from other networks (like Tell Me a Story and Swamp Thing), reality programs, and a few summer shows it will hold back a few months.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/14: The Good Fight (CBS All Access) will end its 4th season early on May 28, with the network opting not to attempt to film the season's final three episodes. (The show will return for a 5th season, however.)

5/14: Warner Bros. will no longer release the upcoming movie Clouds in theaters, Instead, it will head straight to Disney+ this summer.

5/14: The delayed final seven episodes of Supernatural are now set to air on The CW this fall (contingent upon being able to resume production on two which remain unfilmed). In other CW news, the network is delaying the 2020-21 launch of all of its new and returning scripted shows until January 2021 at the earliest, and will fill its fall schedule with shows acquired from other networks (like Tell Me a Story and Swamp Thing), reality programs, and a few summer shows it will hold back a few months.
I wonder how much that'll end up delaying the Walker, Texas Ranger reboot that they were planning on.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/13: USA has canceled first-year drama Treadstone and second-year drama The Purge. Expect fewer scripted shows on USA in the future.

5/13: A Little Late With Lilly Singh (NBC) renewed for a 2nd season.

5/12: BET has renewed its first-year Tyler Perry shows The Oval and Sistas.
Tyler Perry shows:L:gaah: