• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reed

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins' Jordan Reed: Expected to stay in Washington

Do you believe that the Redskins should retain Jordan Reed moving fwd? I have mixed feelings on this one. He can be a beast at times, but he gets injured pretty much every season. He has not made a real contribution in Dec just about every season except for 2015 - that is very disconcerting.

He will eat up a sizable portion of the cap if he stays & his dead cap money is pretty low if he goes. As per the article - perhaps they can get him to restructure his contract. Thoughts?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I bring him back for sure. He'll be relatively healthy headed into the off-season. Last time he did that he came out and had a big year.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I bring him back for sure. He'll be relatively healthy headed into the off-season. Last time he did that he came out and had a big year.

When was that? Go check his game log - you will see that he basically has contributed nothing after Thanksgiving since the 2015 season (when they went to the playoffs). I am just concerned since they are spending a lot of $$ on him when this team likely will still be in rebuilding mode for a while. I think it may be time to seriously evaluate players like Reed, Thompson, Norman, etc & go into full rebuild mode.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins' Jordan Reed: Expected to stay in Washington

Do you believe that the Redskins should retain Jordan Reed moving fwd? I have mixed feelings on this one. He can be a beast at times, but he gets injured pretty much every season. He has not made a real contribution in Dec just about every season except for 2015 - that is very disconcerting.

He will eat up a sizable portion of the cap if he stays & his dead cap money is pretty low if he goes. As per the article - perhaps they can get him to restructure his contract. Thoughts?

I would dangle him for a 5th round pick or or a 2020 pick. If there are no takers I keep him 1 more year before moving on. Draft his replacement this year though.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can get a third for him, you take it.

He had a singular good year. Even if healthy, there is no telling if that Jordan Reed still exists.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was before the 15 season. We just have to stop letting all the talent just walk out of the building.

McVay
Cousins
DJ
Garçon
Jackson

We need to hold on to guys like Reed, AP, Norman (see if he's open to re-strucuring after next year. I keep hearing people on the radio talking about dumping Kerrigan and Trent.

If goal is the first pick and Tua then fine. Get rid of everybody, but I doubt we are in tank mode with Jay's job on the line. Think he's up for a tank in 19? Do you think he wants to part ways with Jordan Reed? Think Bruce can afford a 3-13 season with FedEx looking the way it looks?

We are where we are. We were 6-3. Imho we just have to find out if Jay can be trusted with a healthy roster.

He's won a division and if DeSean doesn't showboat at the goalline with the ball we might have beaten GB that year.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was before the 15 season. We just have to stop letting all the talent just walk out of the building.

McVay
Cousins
DJ
Garçon
Jackson

We need to hold on to guys like Reed, AP, Norman (see if he's open to re-strucuring after next year. I keep hearing people on the radio talking about dumping Kerrigan and Trent.

If goal is the first pick and Tua then fine. Get rid of everybody, but I doubt we are in tank mode with Jay's job on the line. Think he's up for a tank in 19? Do you think he wants to part ways with Jordan Reed? Think Bruce can afford a 3-13 season with FedEx looking the way it looks?

We are where we are. We were 6-3. Imho we just have to find out if Jay can be trusted with a healthy roster.

He's won a division and if DeSean doesn't showboat at the goalline with the ball we might have beaten GB that year.

Bingo! You are making a case for what is best for Bruce and Jay - not what is best for the team and the fans. What exactly is the pt in building the team basically just for 2019? Do you really believe that this team can make a SB run in 2019? If not then why not already start the rebuilding process.

Again - that 6-3 record is extremely misleading. 5 of the 6 wins came against terrible teams. Try to look at this objectively.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again, we can knock it all down, but what's the point if we are trusting Bruce to put it back together? Until Bruce is moved out of the building, not re-assinged, but GONE, not sure a roster move here or there really matters.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make valid points Socal, but I'm just not ready to move on from Reed. In the end I may be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time or the last.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make valid points Socal, but I'm just not ready to move on from Reed. In the end I may be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time or the last.

LOL - NP. I am wrong all of the time, but at least I admit it unlike the egomaniacs at Ashburn who never admit anything while screwing up on a nonstop basis.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to ask yourself this , can holtz the 3rd string Te we would have left catch the ball and make plays ?

We have a lot of needs so some won’t get addressed and TE might not be one

At Pittsburgh flanigan was the blocker and holtz was the receiving TE

Can sprinkle be productive catching the ball ?

Now that needs to be addressed before cutting reed

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to ask yourself this , can holtz the 3rd string Te we would have left catch the ball and make plays ?

We have a lot of needs so some won’t get addressed and TE might not be one

At Pittsburgh flanigan was the blocker and holtz was the receiving TE

Can sprinkle be productive catching the ball ?

Now that needs to be addressed before cutting reed

Why? Reed doesn’t catch the ball anymore either.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Reed doesn’t catch the ball anymore either.

This ^^^^^ made me laugh, but to answer the OP's question. I have no idea.

Looking at the Skins stats. Reed led the team in receptions, rec yards and TDs. The fact that it only took 54 rec, 558 yards and 2 TD receptions to lead an NFL team in all 3 of its top receiving catergories. In the arena league that the NFL is becoming is fucking depressing and speaks, at least I think it does, to just how shitty our QBing was in 2018.

With our QBing last year I'm not sure any Redskins pass catcher can be properly evaluated.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^^^^ made me laugh, but to answer the OP's question. I have no idea.

Looking at the Skins stats. Reed led the team in receptions, rec yards and TDs. The fact that it only took 54 rec, 558 yards and 2 TD receptions to lead an NFL team in all 3 of its top receiving catergories. In the arena league that the NFL is becoming is fucking depressing and speaks, at least I think it does, to just how shitty our QBing was in 2018.

With our QBing last year I'm not sure any Redskins pass catcher can be properly evaluated.

Excellent pts & this is the kind of feedback I was looking for with my question. This is not an easy situation to address (for most - for this team they won't think twice & will just keep him).

Your QB concern is certainly valid & part of the issue. It is pretty much of a given that Reed will get hurt sometime next season & also that he likely has a limited shelf life given his history. In all likelihood at best the Redskins won't be true contenders for a few years. It might be better to cut ties now & move on (even if it means that the team suffers somewhat next season).

Successful teams like the Pats and Eagles have a way of getting rid of players just as they are starting on their downside & not waiting until they are washed up. The Redskins need to consider this strategy as they move fwd & not always hang onto a player just because of their past history. Having said that I also realize that this is a dysfunctional organization & hoping that they will adopt the philosophy of other successful NFL teams is almost laughable.