• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Release RGIII

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we
You didn't give up the farm - the Redskins did. As it turns out, the Rams suck and the Redskins, despite giving up the farm, are in a better spot than the Rams. You also have no idea if RG3 "gave his mind." Also, chill out, Francis.
Well, we do have an idea. Both of his head coaches have said he didn't spend enough time studying his craft. That is the most important aspect of the position. That's because , IMO, he felt he was the best QB in the league.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a point, Jy. I also think that it's important to consider his perspective: RG3 was a star and excelled at all the sports he played - Olympic level sprinter, cannon arm, fast, quick. Perhaps he did put in effort into the film room, but he put in "23-year-old" effort, instead of effort that comes from the wisdom of age. After all, who amongst us hasn't made mistakes in our youths, hmmm?!

Anyway, I don't wish RG3 ill will, and I would not be upset if had a good career. And that's pretty much all I have to say about that.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Only on the hook if he was still on the team when "the new NFL year" began, Wednesday.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started out OK, his coach at the time ran him into the ground injury wise, and the follow-on coach did not have confidence in him.

He was the ROY, even though at the time I thought Russell Wilson was the ROY.

Both RGIII and Redskins need a fresh start.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII will land a team soon.
So will Kaepernick.

Amazing how much a scheme is important to a QBs success in the league.
Good coaches plan around the player's skills.
Bad coaches force players to fit their scheme whether the players are suited or not.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Redskins still on the hook for his guaranteed money ?

There is no guaranteed money, only an option for $16.155M that would've kicked in if he had remained on the roster as of March 9, 2016 @ 4:00 p.m. EDT. Because he's cut, the Redskins just clear $16.155M in cap space.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no guaranteed money, only an option for $16.155M that would've kicked in if he had remained on the roster as of March 9, 2016 @ 4:00 p.m. EDT. Because he's cut, the Redskins just clear $16.155M in cap space.

Some consolation, except for the lost draft picks and already paid money to get him.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think Snyder's meddling had a lot to do with why Griffin's career went the way it did.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're blaming him for the stupid ass skins decision to give what they gave. That aint on him. You question his mind... His body wasn't enough. Once he tried thinking with his mind... he sucked. Sometimes all a player has is his skills. Actually, half the players in the NFL.

As a Panther fan I'm not sure you saw him through our eyes. I see a player who lied to his coach about his injury, then threw him under the bus and put the full blame on the coach for believing the lie and playing him. I saw a player who marched into this well respected coach's office, enabled by the owner, and demanded the only plays that he could actually execute be taken from the playbook, he was now apparently calling the shots. I see a petulant child who then got the only coach who made him successful fired because he insisted on doing it his way.

I see a player who played like a total pussy, refusing to throw to open receivers as he took sack after sack, then saying in the presser that like Peyton and Brady he can't be great if his teammates don't play better. I hear multiple reports that all his hard work was spent doing sprints and lifting weights instead of in the film room learning his job.

Yet after all this he is still playing the role of victim. Please.

Last edited:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why owners need to choose good football people and stay out of meddling with the personnel.

Correct. That is exactly what the Redskins did last offseason when they hired Scot McCloughan as their GM. All indications are that Snyder is staying out of personnel matters with McGloughan running the show. Sure it would have been nice if this had happened years earlier, but you have to start somewhere. Time to move on & forget about picks already traded, bad FA signings from years ago, etc. The future looks bright. HTTR

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Panther fan I'm not sure you saw him through our eyes. I see a player who lied to his coach about his injury, then threw him under the bus and put the full blame on the coach for believing the lie and playing him. I saw a player who marched into this well respected coach's office, enabled by the owner, and demanded the only plays that he could actually execute be taken from the playbook, he was now apparently calling the shots. I see a petulant child who then got the only coach who made him successful fired because he insisted on doing it his way.

I see a player who played like a total pussy, refusing to throw to open receivers as he took sack after sack, then saying in the presser that like Peyton and Brady he can't be great if his teammates don't play better. I hear multiple reports that all his hard work was spent doing sprints and lifting weights instead of in the film room learning his job.

To be fair I believe that you are correct until the past year or so. I see no evidence of RG3 still playing the role of victim. He was very diplomatic with his demotion and lack of any playing time, and it appears that he left with a very gracious note to the Redskins and their fans. Oh well - it is in the past. Time to move on and focus on Cousins & whatever moves the Redskins make over this offseason.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I might not be as far away from the Redskins as you may think. First, tell me what player doesn't lie about an injury. I mean those who have a passion and want to be out there playing. RG3 had passion. Second, who really knows the truth, the absolute truth about what was discussed in that infamous meeting we have heard so much about. We got Griffins version and we got Shanahans version. So do you really have the absolute truth? I see Griffin whom after seeing KC handle the offense without so much if any at all zone read want the same treatment. Yes, I agree,, different animals but you can't blame Griffin for wanting to stay out of harms way. He was getting blasted even if he had handed off. It didn't work out for Griffin and now he's moving on. Third, Shanahan was fired because he saw that Griffin wasn't a pocket passer, and yes, heads butted, but it was Snyder and his love for Griffin that was the demise of Shanahan. He chose his girlfriend over his wife so to speak.

Did Griffin really play like a pussy? As I recall he was taking on LB's trying to make plays. He never played like a pussy,,, he just never played with smarts.

The only thing I can agree with was his continuous denial that he wasn't a problem..ever, only a solution. The players gave up on him, then the team, then the fans.. and ultimately the owner. Book closed.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might not be as far away from the Redskins as you may think. First, tell me what player doesn't lie about an injury. I mean those who have a passion and want to be out there playing. RG3 had passion. Second, who really knows the truth, the absolute truth about what was discussed in that infamous meeting we have heard so much about. We got Griffins version and we got Shanahans version. So do you really have the absolute truth? I see Griffin whom after seeing KC handle the offense without so much if any at all zone read want the same treatment. Yes, I agree,, different animals but you can't blame Griffin for wanting to stay out of harms way. He was getting blasted even if he had handed off. It didn't work out for Griffin and now he's moving on. Third, Shanahan was fired because he saw that Griffin wasn't a pocket passer, and yes, heads butted, but it was Snyder and his love for Griffin that was the demise of Shanahan. He chose his girlfriend over his wife so to speak.

Did Griffin really play like a pussy? As I recall he was taking on LB's trying to make plays. He never played like a pussy,,, he just never played with smarts.

The only thing I can agree with was his continuous denial that he wasn't a problem..ever, only a solution. The players gave up on him, then the team, then the fans.. and ultimately the owner. Book closed.

Griffin totally played like a pussy. There was still shot after still shot of open receivers all over the field on plays where he held the ball and then went down. One writer captioned one "Griffin took a sack on this play. I have no idea why" and it was the truth. He simply was afraid to pull the trigger, then of course he would blame his protection and/or his receivers for not getting open. Of the 33 sacks he took in 2013 coaches put 20 of them directly on the QB who was afraid to throw the damn ball.

There are way too many sources about the demand for the plays to be taken out of the playbook for there not to be truth to it. There should also be no question he and his dad made it clear that they wanted to run less and throw from the pocket. His dad's quotes alone should verify the story. The bad hits he took was because he was a dumb ass who did not understand how to get down. Russell Wilson understood, Griffin did not and that's on him.

Then of course there is no question he got Shanny fired. And it was equally obvious that he put all the blame on the coach for playing him after he lied, took no responsibility what so ever which was a pattern throughout his stay here.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all of that doesn't consider that is personal QB coach Shea or Shay was telling him he was playing great or at least well when his HC was saying exactly the opposite thing. Rightly or wrongly the kid was getting bad advice from his own people.

What matters now is wherever he goes that he listens to his football people and not the folks that what their share of prize.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont care if he lies about an injury , what i care about is he threw his coach under the bus for HIS actions

and socal that bible verse victim note at the end of the season speaks volumes