• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds VS Cubs Series Thread

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. After the 2-run HR by the Cubs in the 13th I turned it to the Grizz/Clips game!!! :wtf2::omg:

You weren't the only one.

I'd guess there were 4,000 people left to see it live

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
Can't really blame them though. It's late and most probably have to work in the morning.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned it off after the HR and decided just for the fuggovit to see what the final was ... it was tied and by the time I got it back on through this jalopy computer, I had to wait for Marty to recap.

Whatever. Anybody who sits through 12 innings of a boring ballgame still gets to count as a true fan.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a awesome game last night,I did not stop watching.Had a feeling they was gonna make some noise with the thick of order due up in bottom of 13th.Very exciting and hopefully it woke the bats up for tonights game.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always tough to play 13 innings on Monday, makes the rest of the week a grind. Bullpen is toast, with a rookie going tonite... Need a deep start or three from the rotation now.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree. If there's one game you don't want to stretch out, it's that one. Why does it smell like Manny Parra will get a lot of work tonight? Going into D.C. with a depleted bullpen is a recipe for disaster.

Marshall is back for that series, however, the Reds reported. Looks like either Hoover or Parra is on the rack. I vote to keep Hoover.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Corky will get a start today ?

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Chapman in the pen, and Marshall back, Parra may be redundant... But he has a MLB contract and no options...kinda like paying Broxton closer money on a 3 year deal, then reversing direction to have him set up. Under normal circumstances, I'd prefer to have 4 lefty pitchers on a 12 man staff, but I'm not sure Parra can get enough outs from either side of the plate. Hoover looks like he's going to blow an elbow by Memorial Day at current pace.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game last night! I wish I had set my dvr with more recording time than I did!! lol Keep it rollin REDS!!!!!! :yahoo:

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the "W"...but did the Reds make this one look harder than it had to be ?

jdombar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes the best wins are when you win looking bad. Every team is going to have an off night, but heart and determination can get you through those nights. Would certainly like to see them make it easier on themselves tonight.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds have a knack for making it harder than it should be against inferior competition. The Pirates swept us, the Marlins series was excruciatingly close to being a split, and the Cubs had that game in the bag before choking it away.

But the good teams find a way to win.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game last night. Even Dusteromus didnt make any bonehead moves so that in itself is a relief. The Reds just need to hit a little more consistently. You cant fault the pitching. I read where the Reds have fanned at least 10 batters in five consecutive games for the first time in modern franchise history. That my fine feathered friends is a good sign for this season. Lets get them tonight because Wed. the Cubs will put a tough pitcher on the mound.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, good teams find a way to win... But I always thought that meant against other good teams... I always believed that on a perfectly played game by both teams, better talent should always win. In flawed games, and equal competition, the mistakes usually cost a loss...the problem is, unless there is an error or a baserunnin blunder, most fans don't notice the " mistakes" teams make losing to inferior talent... subtle little things hidden inside plate philosophy, pitch selection, matchups. People notice LOB and RISP numbers but don't always understand how productive outs and why so many leadoff doubles don't advance. It's how it's played... sometimes what tou did yesterday limits options today...the game within the game.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm somewhat surprised at the Cub fans distain for Sveum... I haven't watched closely but seriously doubt any manager could win much with that roster. Much like Jim Tracy in Colo the last few years.... or the Lastros or Marlins in the next few...not exactly like the Cubs have won a ton in the last 30 years or anything.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who's lived in Chicago for quite a few years now, Cubs fans and Chicago media will place blame everywhere except where it should be placed. The fact is that Sveum is managing with a roster that Sparky Anderson couldn't win with. The pitching staff is an absolute disaster. People blame Sveum for the Cubs not holding a lead. How about blame the relievers who aren't getting the job done? Lineup scrubs like Luis Valbuena wouldn't even be on the major league roster of many other teams in the league.

Instant gratification and unrealistic expectations dominate in Chicago. When Theo the messiah came to Chicago, many people I talked to were saying, "World Series in two years. Book it." That's the problem with managing and playing in a large market. Expectations are high, errors are placed under the microscope, and blame is thrown around constantly.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Theo fan. I think he's full of himself, and has poor tools and too much ego to delegate to guys with PhD's in baseball 101 to "build" a team... he didn't even do that when his M-O was buying his teams in Boston. He's too quick to demand credit, and too eager to scapegoat others for his failures, IMO. The Cubs job was attractive to him not only because of the cash (and escaping the train he wrecked in Boston) but also because it was a "promotion"... So he has a GM below him to fry when the heat gets high. How can a GM spend as much money as he did in Boston and somehow, still FORGET the pitching ? Wishing the Cubs no ill will, but until I see otherwise, I think Theo is more act than action.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistic Cubs fans knew this team would suck and a lot of them are wondering why that was allowed to happen in the first place. Dating back to a goat, it's been a series of scapegoats. They have been told that there's a box full of money and that every player on the planet wants to play in Wrigley 81 times a year. Actually, that's not true on either story. But there is a raft of "media" who spend a lot of time with their blogs, news gig, and TV analysis job ... all chest-thumping about their expertise in baseball. Sports radio in Chicago gives me acid indigestion.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been inclined to point out that if you don't beat bad teams, you are one.

All the same, Monday's game was a bit more painful than it was productive. Let's hope Bryan Price has a lot of say on how the pitchers are used between now and Friday.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing up in the Midwest and Appalachia talking about goats kind of gives me a wierd vibe. Just exactly what was going on when that goat was denied entrance to a Cubs game , and what kind of vindictive witch would put a curse on a team because of it ? Was it a cow that got blamed for the Chicago fire ? An old stockyard town, with old stockyard folk...their descendants still using the excuse...hmm