• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Reds @ Pirates

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Pirate fans hope you beat the Cardinals & we see you guys in the next round...best of luck!

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was like watching a Hollywood script play out in the bottom of the 2nd inning when Cueto was being mockingly serenaded by the crowd and he dropped the ball, and moments later served up his second long ball!

I've never seen anything like that at a baseball game. What a moment

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was like watching a Hollywood script play out in the bottom of the 2nd inning when Cueto was being mockingly serenaded by the crowd and he dropped the ball, and moments later served up his second long ball!

I've never seen anything like that at a baseball game. What a moment

Never seen that at a baseball game, hockey yea, hoping it will catch on for the long run.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen that at a baseball game, hockey yea, hoping it will catch on for the long run.

It was like a hockey game! I actually had that thought prior to Martin turning on the next pitch! That was just a moment that all of us will remember forever.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hard to get any work done today.
obsessed with reading everything pirates.

i dont get mlb and the friday game is on mlb only.
how can they do that.

any tips for me?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how can they do that.

any tips for me?

Should be an internet stream up somewhere on Fri. Go to FirstRowSports that day.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how can they do that.

any tips for me?

Yeah ... subscribe to MLB Extra Innings ... they give discounts now this late in the season.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This should be for the cards thread but I just saw this stat on the Cards that is just amazing. As a team they hit .330 with Runners in scoring position.

Found this link: RISP-ect! Cardinals shatter the all-time clutch hitting record | HardballTalk basically anyone in their lineup this year had great timely hitting.

this lines up well with the great life principle:
"All good things must come to an end"

it will also make it much sweeter when we beat them.

seriously, as an ex-pitcher, the biggest issue is BB and HBP. they are good with runners in scoring position, so make them hit their way on. dont be an accomplice or make it easy for them to get RISP.
no BB, HBP, errors.
when they are on, make them advance themselves via hits and outs.
no BB, HBP, SB, errors.

sharpness and attention to detail while pounding the zone with strikes will be the key to the game. this is where burnett has a tendency to struggle, especially in his one off inning as it almost always starts with a leadoff BB/HBP and often involves a second BB.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah I hope the good thing ends this series. Heck look at their roster (almost the same) last year it wasn't that good with RISP.

And so true just limit their opportunties with men on base. The Card's don't steal bases so they use other means to move runners over so it will be on Burnett and then Cole to keep their control. I wouldn't be surprised if Barmes stays in at SS for that reason to help defensively.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this lines up well with the great life principle:
"All good things must come to an end"

it will also make it much sweeter when we beat them.

seriously, as an ex-pitcher, the biggest issue is BB and HBP. they are good with runners in scoring position, so make them hit their way on. dont be an accomplice or make it easy for them to get RISP.
no BB, HBP, errors.
when they are on, make them advance themselves via hits and outs.
no BB, HBP, SB, errors.

sharpness and attention to detail while pounding the zone with strikes will be the key to the game. this is where burnett has a tendency to struggle, especially in his one off inning as it almost always starts with a leadoff BB/HBP and often involves a second BB.

Easier said than done, but yep no reason not to go after them. Especially with the guys we have they don't need to nibble.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and they dont hit HR's and we dont serve them up.
they have some gap guys, but except beltran and a late surge by holliday (and these were only 24 and 22 each) no real power to scare you from attacking.