• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic Trade Options

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the realistic options we have in front of us and what will it take to get them? Villain?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First things first, this Front Office is capable of things that I probably never would be able to think up. So they're unpredictable in that sense. I was surprised by the Kemp trade. Brett Anderson wasn't even a blip on my radar. Pulling off what amounted to a 5-team trade in something like 48 hours is unreal. So, that aspect is important to remember.

The obvious needs are starting pitching and, to a slightly lesser (but not non-existant) extent, bullpen help.

The obvious starting pitchers can be grouped into a few categories:

The obvious Aces:
*David Price
*Cole Hamels

The also-available, rotation depth options (I don't like these ones, but I'm a snob):
*James Shields
*Mike Leake
*Mat Latos
*Mike Fiers
*Yovani Gallardo
*Ian Kennedy
*Hisashi Iwakuma
*Bartolo Colon
*Others, I'm sure, but I'm on my 4th beer after 2 hours of racquetball and this is off the top of my head.

The "unexpected, but still kinda reported on" ideas. This is the wildcard category, where the FO surprises everyone. It'll probably be painful. Really painful. Painful as in involving TWO of these names: Julio Urias, Cody Bellinger (first baseman of the future!), Austin Barnes, Yasiel Puig***, Grant Holmes, Chris Anderson, and so on. I'll have to talk myself into liking it. It better mean a World Series or I'll be pissed.
*Carlos Carrasco
*Trevor Bauer
*Taijuan Walker
*James Paxton
*Matt Harvey
*Sonny Gray
*Andrew Cashner / Tyson Ross
*Some other guy that's really really good with a bunch of years of team control.

***If Puig gets traded, the Dodgers better get Carlos Gomez or Yoenis Cespedes or something.

Okay, so that's my take on the starters. The middle category is the most likely. The top category is probably the best situation.

======================================================

The bullpen has two categories:

1. Big names:
*Jonathon Papelbon
*Craig Kimbrel
*Aroldis Chapman

2. The more likely names:
*Jake McGee
*Francisco Rodriguez
*Joaquin Benoit
*Any number of a ton of other relievers. There's a million middle relievers who are kinda good, or at least good enough. If the Dodgers don't get one now, they can do it before the non-waiver trade deadline in August.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks again!

Hopefully we get a solid pitcher who will get us past STL.