• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment Thread

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I don't like the Cuse addition for fan and geography sake, but they don't actually make the conference worse on the field. It's the traditional door mats and mid-pack already in the conference that makes the conference worse. Both short term and historically Cuse and Pitt are above average (between UNC and Clemson).

Well said. Syracuse may have been down for more than a few years, but that doesn't change the fact that they were once a very very good program, are markedly improved in the last few, and could get back there again. They could probably beat the piss out of half of the ACC this year.

Besides, who would you rather have had Ck...Rutgers and UConn???

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand VT turning down the Big12....joining that conference would be a last resort only if the ACC were to implode. The fact that the Big12 neglected to add Louisville over the past year will come back to haunt them.

maybe....i liked louisville as a target and would have loved to have them

we will see how it shakes out it about 10 years with the GOR's get close to expiring....hopefully the big12 will still be going strong

if not i am guessing pac or b1g for texas/ou and a few friends

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see Texas in the B1G

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the ACC! We somehow managed to get even worse at football. I just wish weaver and Steger had retired 4 years ago. VT football, basketball, and baseball would all be in a much better place. The university as a whole would be as well.

You think we would be anywhere else but the ACC if Weaver and Steger had retired?

Nope.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see Texas in the B1G

why not.....the b1g will own the middle of the us and texas has the eyeballs(problem be will the academics of our traveling partner schools)

from all the crap i have read it will between those two if the big 12 goes under, just have to wait a decade and see:D

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attitude. Distance. Academics you mentioned. Etc.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC is the big winner in realignment.

Added: VT, Miami, BC, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame (sort of), (Louisville next year)
Lost: Maryland

Last edited by a moderator:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the texas academics isnt a problem......it will depend if the b1g wants the texas market bad enough to let OU/osu/tech/baylor in????

the pac would probably be the most likely choice but i would like the b1g also.....distance isnt a concern in football.....how far is miami,gt from syracuse,bc,nd....nebraska from penn st,maryland,rutgers

but anyways we just sit back and enjoy the play-offs until the next round in 10 years or so

oh and the distance will be solved when the ncaa lets the 16 team conferences use the pod system

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't implying that Texas academics was the problem. But as you said, they don't come alone...

Distance isn't the biggest factor, but it isn't a non-factor, either. Especially for the B1G.

The biggest factor is probably what I referred to as "attitude". Texas has made several short-sightedly selfish decisions and already run off multiple schools from their current conference because of this. B1G doesn't want to bring that in, even if the two sides weren't on opposite ends of the spectrum on issues like television rights.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf2:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC media ballots....:L

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Could this be when the "big 5" conferences break away?....and force Notre Dame to join a league?

BTW, how in the world does WVU have a bigger athletic budget than VT?

USA Today | Sports | COLLEGE

WVU's "other" category for expenses jumped all the way to $51.5 million while Tech's is $18 million. That just happened the last year. Probably conference buyout related mixed with capital improvements (?). I take all those numbers with a grain of salt because every school accounts for them differently, and I'm not convinced Tech's numbers show every revenue and expense dollar.