• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RAW Ratings

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
SCSA, Lesnar, Undertaker, Shawn Micheals, and a Shield Reunion on the RAW before a PPV still brought about the lowest non-holiday rating in close to 20 years. I'm expecting some major changes to the product soon

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The viewership was actually up from the past several weeks but the actual rating was down(however that works in the ratings world). Vince will keep doing what he's doing until he's forced to change and right now things are still good.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The viewership was actually up from the past several weeks but the actual rating was down(however that works in the ratings world). Vince will keep doing what he's doing until he's forced to change and right now things are still good.

Monday's show seemed like they were playing the ace up their sleeve because of declining ratings and they still went down. I expect change soon

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean when he dies?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when USA says no more to a three hour commercial for the WWE Network, Vince might get what he wants anyway.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince will just see the recent ratings decline as due to competition that will soon go away (World Series, etc.)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything that is wrong with the ratings could be solved with one simple move....Cena Heel Turn. Big Time heel turn. And I know about the 8 billion make a wish requests the guy does, but Hunter and Stephanie are ''Heels'' and they do charity gigs every other day, it doesn't matter, everyone knows the person in the ring is not the same as the person outside it. It's no different than an actor, when Ben Affleck plays a bank robber/murderer in The Town, does anyone take him off their Make a Wish list

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda think Cena is betting on that too, thinks his absence is gonna make his bank account grow.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything that is wrong with the ratings could be solved with one simple move....Cena Heel Turn. Big Time heel turn. And I know about the 8 billion make a wish requests the guy does, but Hunter and Stephanie are ''Heels'' and they do charity gigs every other day, it doesn't matter, everyone knows the person in the ring is not the same as the person outside it. It's no different than an actor, when Ben Affleck plays a bank robber/murderer in The Town, does anyone take him off their Make a Wish list
HHH and Steph are nowhere near as big with the little children as Cena is. He sells BY FAR the most merchandise. Also you've already mentioned but the 500+ wishes he's made come true. It's just never going to happen, in my opinion. The merchandise sales are way too high. I think that's the main thing. Lots of people would be happy he turned but the sales of his merch would go down. I highly doubt more people begin to buy his stuff just cause he turned. Just don't see it happening.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HHH and Steph are nowhere near as big with the little children as Cena is. He sells BY FAR the most merchandise. Also you've already mentioned but the 500+ wishes he's made come true. It's just never going to happen, in my opinion. The merchandise sales are way too high. I think that's the main thing. Lots of people would be happy he turned but the sales of his merch would go down. I highly doubt more people begin to buy his stuff just cause he turned. Just don't see it happening.
Exactly. While yes ratings might go up a bit and the IWC would he thrilled, kids wouldn't and his sales would go down. It makes little sense for WWE.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Vince will just see the recent ratings decline as due to competition that will soon go away (World Series, etc.)

I don't know if Vince is that delusional. To put it into perspective, the last time ratings were this low Hulk Hogan and the NWO were the reason. At least there were wrestling fans the WWE could win back. Wrestling itself was still widely popular

Ratings are down 20 percent from this time last year when it had similar competition. I flip over every half hour or so during football to make sure nothing important is happening and then go back to the game. I think the roster is as deep in talent as it's ever been since I first got into wrestling 25 yrs ago. The PPVs that are focused on an in ring action are usually solid. But RAW's awful right now. It's borderline unwatchable

I know people will point to other metrics as proof that WWE is in good shape but if people stop watching on Monday and Thursday nights the other numbers are going to the shitter too eventually

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a given that his merchandise would drop though? Maybe from little kids but the same little kids that followed him years ago are growing up into that gray area of rooting for good guys and bad guys.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. While yes ratings might go up a bit and the IWC would he thrilled, kids wouldn't and his sales would go down. It makes little sense for WWE.
I'd have to disagree for a couple of reasons. One, the cash cow you are talking about only has 4-5 years left tops, more likely 2-3, because with the injuries Cena has fought through, 40 might as well be 50. What then? To me, Cena is the only guy who could pull off the NWO type Hollywood Hogan turn(because he's basically the same guy). If he turned as head of a Heel faction, it would skyrocket ratings, and eventually, they could turn him back anyway. Flair was the "dirtiest player in the game", a Horseman, but where can he go without getting Wooooooooo. Add to that they have a young Hogan/Cena in waiting in Reigns that they are wasting.
How about.... Reigns answers US challenge, hurts Cena in clean win. Cena comes back in January, wants a buddy buddy rematch, and crushes Reigns with help. The next week, Rock shows up looking for revenge for Reigns, Rock-Cena 3 at WM, only this time, with a Heel Cena, it's the biggest one yet. Cena goes over Rock (with help), goes on to tie Flair and meets face Reigns at WM next year

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vast vast vast majority of Cena sales are kids and the parents of kids who love him. You don't risk that if you are WWE. It is something they always know they have in their back pocket to make money. Heel Cena isn't going to spike ratings without some good storylines and let's be honest, WWE creative hasn't shown they can do that. Just turning Cena heel might make people tune in that first night, but that is all without a good story. NWO didn't do anything for WWE and it was one of the hottest storylines of all time. You can't just do something like turn your biggest merch cow heel without 100% trust that your creative can make it work and why would anyone have trust in WWE creative?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but again, Cena's run as a merchandise bonanza is well into the back 9. Turning him into a Super Heel would be the best way to elevate the next huge Face....lest we have another Miz era lol. Just my 2 cents

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but again, Cena's run as a merchandise bonanza is well into the back 9. Turning him into a Super Heel would be the best way to elevate the next huge Face....lest we have another Miz era lol. Just my 2 cents
He is still BY FAR the highest selling merch person. I doubt it's on it's back 9. 4-5 years buys WWE a lot of time and that is assuming he stops then. Let's not forget that many many wrestlers stay until their 50's. He just won't be able to be a full timer. He can do many other things.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as you would LIKE to see a Cena heel turn...can we all just agree that it's never going to happen? I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge by now.

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not only competition with the Star Wars trailer and baseball that got in the way. its everything that wrestling is right now. it just aint what it used to be anymore.

Daniel Bryan may not return to wrestle ever, fans are still booing John Cena(despite his charitable work off the ring), interests in Hulkamania is a a all time low, Jimmy Snuka on the verge of going to jail for a murder he committed....... 30 years ago.

remember the days before Hulkamania? the feud between Jerry Lawler and Andy Kaufmann, The Von Erichs becoming the hottest young stars in wrestling, When Nature boy was truly the Man, Snuka jumping from atop the cage.

all i can say is this....... Wrestling is no more, there will never be a another Stone Cold or a Rock or HitMan, or even another Nature Boy. Vince destroyed it, and nothing that can be done about it. PERIOD

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as you would LIKE to see a Cena heel turn...can we all just agree that it's never going to happen? I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge by now.

Half the fans feel he is a heel already, half have him as face, thats one guy that can pull off both sides.

It would be cool if Ortons shoulder deal was all a spoof and he is the one that puts Cena on the shelf tonight. You want his spot while he is gone, come take it.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half the fans feel he is a heel already, half have him as face, thats one guy that can pull off both sides.

It would be cool if Ortons shoulder deal was all a spoof and he is the one that puts Cena on the shelf tonight. You want his spot while he is gone, come take it.
Only problem is that Orton is now also a part-timer, so while he is recovering, I'd expect him to stay out a bit longer.

Some rumored names to accept Cena's challenge tonight are Bryan (BIG if, but he is in LA which is where the event is being held), Sheamus, Samoa Joe, and Tyler Breeze. I'd love for it to be Joe or Bryan.